Fall TV Preview
Supergirl Spoilers Season 2

Supergirl Season 2: Superman Gets a Warm Welcome in Explosive New Trailer

Everybody wants a piece of the Man of Steel.

The CW on Monday released a Superman-centric trailer for Supergirl‘s upcoming second season (Oct. 10, 8/7c), which finds the residents of National City — including Cat, Alex and even Winn — falling all over themselves at the mere sight of Tyler Hoechlin’s caped crusader.

(For the record, Winn’s apparent affinity for the boy in blue does nothing to quell our suspicion that he’s at the center of the series’ upcoming gay reveal, even if Alex is also a popular theory among most fans.)

The trailer also offers sneak peeks at several other new characters coming to Supergirl in Season 2, including Lex Luthor’s sister Lena (played by Merlin’s Katie McGrath).

Hit PLAY on the trailer below, then drop a comment with your hopes for Season 2.

1. Jason says:

Alex is the gay one. Them introducing that gay cop that she will share a lot of scenes with pretty much tells me its her.

• Rook says:

That’s what I thinking, but I would rather it be Winn.

• Danny123 says:

Me too. But its gonna be Alex and I’m gonna quit the show. I already hate her character. Winn is my favorite character besides Kara and I had hoped he would be the one so he could stop pining for Kara

• MarcNYY618 says:

Winn has been shown to be straight. He’s pined for Kara, but also had a relationship, albeit a short one, with Silver Banshee. He’s a nice guy, and a straight one. I could see Alex being gay though. I don’t remember her having any kind of relationship, though from that trailer, she may have thought Superman was hot.

• yvonne says:

yes i agree with you,alex is the gay one i think and since they introduce new cop as maggie sawyer..cant wait for oct 10..

2. Ally says:

we are moving back to gotham hahaha

3. nellie says:

this looks awesome. i’m really excited for the new season. trivial point number 1: tyler hoechlin became ten times more hotter as superman. maybe it’s the longer hair, anyhow i still like it

wonder how he’ll do as superman/clark kent and what the new season will be like?

4. Jeff hunter says:

I want a Spin-off now!jeff

5. Phun says:

“Your cousin smells terrific!” LOL Two more weeks! I can’t wait!

6. Kristoffer says:

Can’t wait for the new season to start. While I really liked SG on CBS something always felt off…. Things just didn’t click like they do for me with Arrow and The Flash…. I am hoping that some minor changes having me loving the season 2 as much as I do all the other superhero shows on the CW.

7. Franz says:

moving back to gotham…. hahahahahaha

8. Franz says:

Is it me? or is Supergirl trying dethrone Flash as the most “fun”-toned superhero TV in town?

• Leo says:

I think Flash already lost that title with the amount of tears Barry shed especially in Season 2. Plus Zoom really darken the whole series. Meanwhile Supergirl’s episodes are all sunshine and happy endings (Nobody from the good guys died in the finale, Flash killed off Barry’s dad).
      But still Flashgirl > Error

9. Dan Locke says:

Amazing

10. tybabb says:

Nice little “I’m with her” line there ;)

11. Victoria says:

This was great! This is how Superman is suppose to be…a generally easy-going guy who doesn’t brood too much and enjoys being a hero. Hoechlin looks great and I’m getting excited about Supergirl again!

12. They mentioned Gotham?!? The rules are out the window here people!!!

13. Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Naw, Winn isn’t gay. He’s a nerd. Only the schoolyard bullies thing nerds are gay.

14. MarcNYY618 says:

It’s almost comical how different Superman is from the movie version. I hate the movie version. Every instinct I have tells me that they are going to knock it out of the park.

15. Dave Schock says:

boy, they got her look right–heroic, pretty, sexy, wholesome, which makes her even more sexy, cant take ones eyes off of her the whole time–and the costume is PERFECT

• Dave Schock says:

and even though the costume is a bit weird 9what is up with the cape in front??), it makes me want them to do the entire DC universe in prime time–they are suited for TV, always have been–would be great to see more of a Clark Kent that is closer to the character (as shown here, vs the movies which miss him), and how about a Batman appearance too? and regular series?? DC would own prime time, everyone would watch–

• Dave Schock says:

and even though the costume is a bit weird (what is up with the cape in front??), it makes me want them to do the entire DC universe in prime time–they are suited for TV, always have been–would be great to see more of a Clark Kent that is closer to the character (as shown here, vs the movies which miss him), and how about a Batman appearance too? and regular series?? DC would own prime time, everyone would watch–

16. my number one fav show… i am so glad that they finally are going to give us superman…. loved him as derrick on teen wolf but he looks so much better as superman….i cannot wait 2 weeks… hope you are already getting the next season done… would be nice if you were able to just give us all the seasons…. lol

17. Kevin Israel says:

Supergirl and Superbro

18. Kent Nelson says:

High hopes

19. Butch says:

TVline apparently doesn’t allow links to youtube. There is a 2 minute preview of the episode that is Superman centric. Starting with Clark Kent talking on phone to Perry White, it looks good

20. Joey Padron says:

Good trailer for new season. So excited to watch new season next month!

21. SupermansBrother says:

Boy. If he doesn’t kick this season right into high gear, then I don’t know what else will?!?!?

22. michael a says:

Why do we need gay-ness in the show at all??

23. Richard West says:

Still looks terrible!

24. Harry says:

Why do you have to include homosexuality into a show?? There’s no good reason to include this abdominal lifestyle, trying to make it look normal when it’s not!

25. herman1959 says:

It still tickles me that after the suits adamantly refused to show Superman, they are now all in because of the ratings for the crossover…the power of the fans!

26. Michael says:

I can not WAIT, I LOVE all the CW superhero shows, it just seems they KNOW how to do them, I mean all the way back to Smallville. And DC is NOT afraid like Marvel is to put thier big hitters on the small screen. I mean Gothem has pretty much ALL the main villians, Supergirl brings in Superman and a lot of the main villians and the list is on for the rest. Yet, Marvel and Agents of Shield has NOT had one appearance by Iron Man, Thor, Captain American, no one. That is why DC will ALWAYS beat Marvel on TV

27. Jayjonah says:

I loved the first season with Martian Manhunter and hope for a lot more. Everybody is right on the money for this is Supergirl and how she should be. Movies or tv, this is how Superman should look. He shouldn’t have big muscles and a broad chest and shoulders. He would have to lift some extremely, extremely heavy weights or objects to build his body as he looks in the comics and last last two movies. He would not have been able to accomplish that task living and growing up in Smallville or after leaving and moving to Metropolis. I can’t wait for this next season and the interaction between, Kara, Clark and hopefully J’onn J’onzz even if it is only a few episodes.

28. Really great that this is happening, Miss Tom Welling as Clark though, but it is ok. Thought the goal of this season was to find their Dad??? Want to SEE DEAN CAIN again!!!!! But of course if Clark helps them with it ALL THE BETTER!! Please don’t lose focus on that goal.

29. Mary says:

Winn represents the geekdom of all fans as if we were thrust into a world of superheroes, cyborgs, and aliens. Not so sure that revealing is sexuality would keep that cog in the show as a possibility unless they introduce a character with the other sexual preference whatever that might be.

30. Yota p says:

This is what ruins the show your best character having them being gay.
    For sure the writers want a change but don’t need to by having a character being gay