Days of Our Lives Greg Vaughan Return

NBC's Days Sets Greg Vaughan's Return

Flip over the hourglass, because Greg Vaughan is about to lengthen his time at Days of Our Lives.

Vaughan will return to the NBC soap in early 2017, EW.com reports.

Vaughan began playing Days‘ Eric Brady in 2012, but left the daytime drama earlier this year. Since his departure, he has been a series regular on OWN’s Queen Sugar and has appeared on Fox’s Lucifer.

In a statement, the actor said that he had spoken with Days‘ Powers That Be after Queen Sugar wrapped. “I’ve always been proud of my time and the work I contributed to Days,” he added, “and I was excited at the opportunity to reunite with the cast and crew.”

Eric Brady will return to Salem on January 17. As previously reported, Days vets Christie Clark and Austin Peck also will come back to the soap in early 2017.

Vaughan’s other daytime work includes General Hospital and The Young and the Restless.

1. wrstlgirl says:

YES!!! But I’m sure I won’t get my wish for the character. I said when we went away to prison that I wanted him to come back as a major bad ass. No taking crap from anybody, kind of like a mini Victor. But unfortunately I think he’ll probably be the same ol’ wishy washy whoa is me Eric. Still glad he’s coming back. Probably have to go through the whole will Nicole forgive him or not phase.

• Chloe says:

That’s the problem with Eric – he’s boring & bland, except when he’s whining & doing his “woe is me” routine”. They turned him into Mr. Sominex. Personally, I wish he’d stay in prison, where he belongs. He killed Daniel, almost killed Brady & injured Jennifer. And he’s going to do what – a year for all of that? Put him in a cell with Xander & let him smack him around a little. Maybe it will liven him up a little. LOL

2. Nika. says:

What happened to the gorgeous Greg Vaugh. In that picture pictured here he looks increidble awful with that haricut and grey beard .He look so old with that beard and grey hair, and he is very young still. He looks terrible a total 180 degree change.

• J.B. says:

He’s not ancient but he is 43 years old. In some circles that doesn’t equal “very young”. Granted that is not the best current photo of him but I actually think he looks very attractive with the beard. The grey hair…so what? There are a lot of people who find that look sexy. Not everybody is into the Sean Cody, CW, Abercrombie & Fitch look.

• Daniel says:

Its a Queen Sugar/Own character promo shot. He was supposed to look like that. When he comes back to Days… he look the way you rememeber

• wrstlgirl says:

it’s amazing how a simple haircut can change your appearance. He’s still very handsome in my book :-) He might have short hair since he’s returning from prison, you never know, look at Zander, LOL!!

3. Cas says:

He is no Jensen Ackles that is for sure. Haha.

4. Kevin K says:

I’m surprised Greg Vaughan is making his return to DAYS but I can’t remember what happened to his character Eric Brady the last time we seen him.

5. Ian says:

Does this mean he won’t be back for Queen Sugar season 2? He has so much chemistry with Rutina, and I thought he loved being there.

• J.B. says:

The first season hasn’t even finished airing yet. I doubt production for QS S2 is going to happen soon. Plus it doesn’t say how long he will be on DOOL. It could be for a short stint. Probably film a bunch of episodes long before his character even appears on DOOL. Until they announce otherwise I doubt he won’t be available for QS S2.

6. QueenB says:

He’ll always be Dan Gordon from Charmed to me

7. Judy I says:

The best move ever for DAYS

8. Kar says:

So what about Queen Sugar season 2?

9. Marco Piazzo says:

Wow, neighbor Dan got old, and it kinda looks good!

10. Ala says:

Why not go back to GH? They need Lucky back and JJ is too busy with Nashville. Greg was a good Lucky with crappy writing. Time to try again.

11. Donna Mackie says:

HAPPY NEWS FOR GREG VAUGHAN FANS!!! Time for writers to redeem dear Eric Brady as the compassionate, loving, man of conviction we remember🎥🎬

12. Ewa says:

Eric suppose to be in prison for 5 years, unless he got pass from prison to visit his family in Salem. Regardless of for how long he will come back, I hope that Eric will have more interesting story line than last time.
    Personally, I like the original Eric, Jensen Ackles, better than Greg Vaugham.

13. ashanean says:

Yea, th got wind of all thus he received forOprahs’s Queen Sugar. They want to capitalize on that.

14. christine says:

Uck!! I do not like Eric. He has no personality and the quiet way he talks is so annoying. And I’m so ready for the three jailbirds to be captured. They are the worst criminals in the history of television! And does anyone else find it ridiculous that while there are 50 people living in the Kiriakis mansion, Demos and Nicole decide to make love on the sofa in the middle of the day??? He did lock one door but come on, who does that? Go upstairs to the bedroom writers!!! What if Maggie finds stains on the sofa????