Fall TV Preview
Arrow Deathstroke Returning

Arrow Episode 100: Big Bad [Spoiler] Will Return for Four-Way Crossover

Monday in the park with… Deathstroke?

The Arrow Season 2 baddie will make a return for the show’s 100th episode, airing later this year as part of a four-way crossover event with the three other CW superhero series: The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl.

As seen in the following photo shared by star Stephen Amell on Monday during production on the milestone hour, the foe is back… but who’s under the mask? As recently as this weekend, Manu Bennett — who originally played the role of Slade Wilson/Deathstroke — was tweeting from New Zealand, so perhaps another actor is filling the suit?

A table-read photo tweeted out by showrunner Marc Guggenheim last week revealed that Jamey Sheridan will also be returning as Oliver’s father Robert in the episode. “No Flashpoint, no flashbacks,” the EP noted, leaving open the possibility of time travel or a visit to another Earth. Plus, actress Katie Cassidy hinted at a potential Laurel appearance on Facebook.

Arrow returns Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 8/7c on The CW, where it now leads into the freshman drama Frequency.

Are you excited to see Deathstroke again during the #FlarrowgirlOfTomorrow crossover?

1. Ben says:

I’d really want Manu Bennett to return in this role. It wouldn’t be the same otherwise. For my money, the Deathstroke storyline and season 2 remains Arrow’s creative pinnacle.

• Ben says:

I mean, I recognise this could be Deathstroke from Earth 2 or Deathstroke is someone entirely different because of Flashpoint etc etc, so there is narrative grounds to make it someone else – I just think they should stick with Deathstroke being the same guy no matter what their narrative imperative is. Manu is so good.

2. 134sc says:

Mixed emotions on this one. Love seeing Deathstroke back (if he is indeed back, that is). But if its not Manu in the suit, that kind of sucks.

This 100th episode is either gonna be awesome or a giant clusterf***

3. AJ says:

If it’s not Manu Bennett I’m not interested. He was easily the highlight of this show.

4. Lola says:

I know the CW is constant with its crossovers but I feel like Arrow should be having is 100 as a standalone. That’s a huge milestone for any show and I feel like making a combined effort of it takes away from Arrow’s achievement. I would feel that way about any show.

5. nhogan47 says:

It’s clearly the son of Slade Wilson from a different time, as seen in LOT Season 1.

6. Karen MT says:

Considering the location and there’s two dead people coming back, I’m wondering if it’s all in his head… trauma or delusion or something.

7. Joey Padron says:

It must be his son from Legends of Tomorrow’s first season. Can’t wait to see crossover episodes in December!

8. ScottJ says:

Manu Bennett can get from New Zealand to Vancouver in a day, so he could fairly easily have been in NZ in the weekend and back on set now. What I can’t find out though is when Shannara Season 2 is filming, or even if he’s in it.

9. Dominique says:

i want it to be manu bennett so badly cause he was fantastic as slade and should’ve been on the show longer than he was. but since manu isn’t too happy with how to writers wrote his storyline in season 2… idk he might not want to come back.

10. Brigid says:

Not at all. I hated Slade Wilson so much, he ruined Season 2 for me.

11. lurk says:

I suspect it’s Earth 2 under the mask; and that Earth 2’s Deathstroke is…
    OLIVER QUEEN!

12. Claire says:

I thought Manu Bennett basically said he wouldn’t go back to Arrow because they butchered his character.