"The Conjugal Conjecture" -- Pictured: Penny (Kaley Cuoco), Wyatt (Keith Carradine), Randall (Jack McBrayer) and Susan (Katey Sagal). After Sheldon's mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny's family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer), on the 10th season premiere of THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, Sept. 19 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return. Photo: Monty Brinton/Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. © 2016 WBEI. All rights reserved.

Should Big Bang Have Been Bigger? Did Ghost Rider CGI Sizzle? Did HTGAWM Pull a Felicity? And Many More TV Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Big Bang Theory, This Is Us, Blindspot and Grey’s Anatomy!Orphan Black

VIDEOS Orphan Black EP, Cast Talk Final Season Theme, ‘Touchy’ Clone Q

1 | We’re absolutely thrilled that Tatiana Maslany won an Emmy, but we can’t help wondering: What gave her the edge this year? Did it just take the voters four years to finally watch Orphan Black? Was it the awesomeness of Krystal?

2 | Were you aware there was an Emmy Awards pre-show for those attending the ceremony, during which the Stranger Things kids sang “Uptown Funk”? Why wasn’t it broadcast instead of the actual pre-show? Also, they handed out sandwiches and entertained the audience? Someone get those kids a raise!

3 | After watching Chesapeake Shores, we have to ask: Is there a dress code for the bar exam?Vice Principals

4 | Were you thrown by how terrifying Vice Principals’ climactic Season 1 sequence was? Also, who do we think was behind the mask? (Our money’s on Lee.)

5 | We’re only a few episodes in, but who’s a bigger mess on Masters of Sex this season: Bill, who’s lost his license and his family, or Virginia, who’s spite-shtupping therapists and lying to everyone about her marriage to Dan?

6 | How is it that the crackerjack Big Bang Theory writers and the genius Katey Sagal gave birth to such an impossibly grating creation like Penny’s mother? And with so many quality guest stars to wrangle, wouldn’t this have been the time for the show to bust out an hour-long premiere?

7 | Which of The Good Place‘s +/– point values were your favorite?
the-good-place-point-values
8 | Gosh dang it, did Major Crimes actually end up making us care for Mark, that formerly racist rugrat? But enough already — how absurd is it that oh-so-strict Sharon would allow Rusty anywhere near a potentially explosive arrest scene??

9 | To soon to predict that NCIS‘ Bishop will hook up with Torres? Also, just how old is Alex Quinn supposed to be that she seemingly has trained everybody?

10 | Did Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pleasantly surprise you with the quality of Ghost Rider’s flaming skull CGI? And granted, she would just stand there, silent, but was Mallory Jansen quite eerieBrangelina as powered-down LMD Aida?

11 | When is the unauthorized Brad & Angelina Lifetime movie coming out, starring Nick Zano and Stephanie Corneliussen?

12 | Dear This Is Us: In what world would Ryan Phillippe, Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds star in a cheesy sitcom like The Manny at this point in their careers? Also, how awesome would it have been if Justin Hartley’s Kevin had done a 3-episode arc on Revenge, not Nashville?

13 | Blindspot‘s Dr. Borden is totally the mole, yes? Probably hoping Patterson finds a way to boot up that Oregon Trail floppy disk, which probably has a virus on it….

14 | Law & Order: SVU watchers: Why was the note about Ali’s care written in English, given that both its author (his mom) and its recipient (his great-aunt) both spoke the same foreign language*? (*Our ears are good, but not good enough to tell the difference between Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian.)

Empire15 | Really, Empire, no funeral for [Spoiler]? Also: Cookie’s boardroom-bathrobe ensemble — ridiculously glam or just ridiculous?

16 | In Lethal Weapon‘s climactic scene, how did Murtaugh know he wouldn’t be driving the truck through the warehouse window and landing on, say, Riggs, or the kid?

17 | Why didn’t Designated Survivor Tom Kirkman hear any kind of explosion outside, just before the State of the Union feed cut out? (Especially since we even heard the licking flames from across town once he opened the window?) Also did we blink and miss Tom getting any kind of briefing before meeting with the Iranian ambassador?

18 | Didn’t black-ish play it pretty fast and loose with the Johnsons’ trip to Disney World? Or, since the last time we visited the park, has it become possible to get from Animal Kingdom to the Magic Kingdom in a matter of moments?

19 | Was Mr. Robot‘s Angela just Keyser Söze-ing us the whole time and secretly pulling all the strings?

20 | Who else is really afraid of when You’re the Worst‘s PTSD-plagued Edgar inevitably hits rock bottom?

21 | Did Grey’s Anatomy work too hard to make sure that Alex wouldn’t hear out Jo when she tried to explain the scene he’d walked into at the loft? Would Catherine really be dingy enough to think that ex-daughter-in-law April would name her baby after her? Grey's AnatomyAnd is this sort of tote board a real thing? Broadcasting full last names vs. abbreviations (as with airplane standby seating)? And HIPAA is OK with it?

22 | Be real with us, Blacklist fans: How much longer can the NBC series drag out its Liz/Red mystery before you check out completely?

23 | On How to GetHow to Get Away With Murder Away With Murder, was Frank’s bathroom shave/buzzcut the most startling TV-character makeover since Felicity Porter lopped off her locks? Also, if Connor is in the bottom 10 percent (!) of his class at Middleton, how the heck did he get accepted by Stanford Law School?

24 | How did a high-profile catch such as Pitch‘s Ginny wind up with an agent who has no sports management experience? And if [big, bold, red spoiler alert] Bill Baker exists only in Ginny’s head, how come we could see him in crowd shots that weren’t from her perspective?

25 | Given Notorious‘ not-good-ius premiere Project Runwaynumbers, how long until ABC moves How to Get Away With Murder into the post-Grey’s slot?

26 | Would you wear this Project Runway-winning, muddy brown, drop-crotch jumpsuit designed for regular women?

27 | Is it possible to flip through the channels these days and not find a true-crime documentary about JonBenét Ramsey?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Walkie says:

Designated Survivor was ridiculous. Almost everything was implausible. Just one small example. . . .The country was just attacked and the government was obliterated. Yet just a little while later, the new Pres is all alone OUTSIDE next to the Oval Office. Awful.

And the Blacklist does need to move the story forward soon. Part of me wonders if they even know what the actual mystery is between Red and Liz.

• I agree on both. DS was just implausible on so many levels. For me it was that no one was crying after the attack. I mean I remember people in my family sobbing when Kennedy was killed and my mom remembered crying when Roosevelt died. For no one,e even the aides and other who worked with the President and Congress to show any sorrow or grief didn’t land with me.

The definitely need to just get on with it with Red and Liz. Finding out what their relationship is isn’t the main draw for me. He loves her like a daughter. Whether or not she is his daughter is irrelevant to me.

• cej says:

I couldn’t believe they would take him to the White House! Surely there is a safer unknown location.

• rowan77 says:

That was one of the many things that rang completely false to me. One – the designated survivor gets to hang out in his office during the State of the Union – Nope. Two – after the attack they don’t put him in the bunker with his family, the government higher-ups and joint chiefs. 3 – He wonders around a lot with no one secret service wiith him, killing time. His wife isn’t hanging out with her children – are are terrified. There is creative license and then there is failure to add one realistic moment. I hope the show improves in that respect.

• kirads09 says:

#13 Borden I don’t think he is the mole. But I do think there may be something he had to share secretly with Patterson on the Oregon Trail floppy.

#22 Not gonna make me give up Red and gang quite yet. But they do need to put the Who’s Your Daddy issue to rest to move forward. Especially it seems all it would take is simple paternity tests from Red and is Constantine (this other man claiming to be her father.) Between Red’s connections and the FBI resources, that could be done so quickly and easily too. Why on earth hasn’t LIz had that done with or without red’s consent already I’ll never understand.

2. Wendell says:

#4 yes I think it was Lee Russell, Love that show by the way
    #22 Yes please, I wish they would have really killed off Liz, what a snooze fest, stopped watching

3. Caitlin says:

It’s HIPAA, not HIPPA in #21.

4. Rita says:

I had to pause The Good Place to see them all, but two of my faves were “Use Facebook as a verb” and “Fix broken tricycle for child who is indifferent to tricycles” and Yes Big Bang deserved a one hour premier for all the great guest stars.

5. Television says:

The judges were completely off on what regular women wear on Project Runway. That jumpsuit was horrible, and that outfit made with neopreme? No way, it looked like something that a gingerbread man would wear. Seriously, in no way would regular women wear these for regular days out and about. I can’t believe how these top outfits were not matching what the episode was supposed to be about.

• Lauren says:

I couldn’t believe that won. They were way off with this challenge. It looks like something you wear when you pick up trash for community service. Except those have a more flattering waistline.

• cej says:

I finally gave up on PR. The judges are just ridiculous with their decisions. It just irritated me so I decided it was time to say auf wiedersehen.

• Desiree says:

NONE of those looks would be flattering on curvy/plus sized women. All the crop tops baffled me as well. How does a crop top or a drop-crotch pant translate to a wide variety of women?! These designers are delusional, and the judges aren’t much better.

6. Luis Roman says:

1. The buzz on Tatania’s performance has been builidng for a while, butI think HTGAWM’s subpar second season had a lot to do with it – Viola Davi’s second season was just off enough from the show-stoppingness of S1 for people to feel justified voting for someone else.

8. I don’t know how time runs on Major Crimes, but Mark did go from being a mini-Trump supporter to all but clinging to Julio’s leg pretty fast. That said, Raymond Cruz’s performance, particularly in the finale, was heart-wrenching, and definitely award worthy.

10. I thought the Ghost Rider CGI on SHIELD was fantastic – better than the CGI in either Ghost Rider movie.

22. I stopped caring about Liz’s connection to Red ages ago. As long as they keep coming up with scenery for James Spader to chew, I’m good.

7. Melissa says:

#21 Yes boards like that do exist now and previously white boards were used too. With full last name, first initial used, those would be in areas that only hospital staff could see usually. The board shown has only the last name and first initial as a patient identifier, no birthdate, medical record number or what they are being seen for so it could be argued that the amount of information showing is equal to what is called out in a waiting room.

• Donna Salvi says:

The boards in several hospitals I’ve seen had numbers not names..we were given a patient ID number to follow. Names were never visible

• Bigdede says:

With a full last name someone could still figure out who is in the hospital and that’s breaking HIPAA. The ER board at my hospital isn’t visible to outsiders and it has the first initial of the first name and the first 2 of the last name

• Kristoffer says:

As long as no medical information is given I think it’s ok. I go to a place that posts your name (full last name and first initial) up on a board when your prescription is ready for pickup, so I am not sure why your name put up showing your at the ER (with no medical info) would be different…

8. Kate says:

I think TBBT could have gone an hour, so everything didn’t feel so crammed. Also, can’t the show afford a budget for a few extras? Penny and Leonard must more friends than the tiny group of BBT regulars and family. Where are all those friends Penny knew in the first couple seasons? Where are Penny’s work associates? Just seems the producers didn’t put much into the wedding, and they had all summer to plan. Rather disappointing.

9. Jay says:

Oddly enough, Krystal wasn’t even in the episode she submitted. I guess it was the power of 3 crying clones this year instead of just 1. That Emmy bait.

10. Vieweer says:

Re: TBBT – considering how much $$$ it makes for the network, yes, CBS could have given it a full hour – and IMNSHO, Kevin Can Wait was a total waste of a half hour.

11. Penny says:

#22 – not long. I think a large majority of the fans of the show are *this* close to checking out if that doesn’t get sorted soon

12. Clarissa says:

Big Bang really squandered its guest stars. They had all these actors on there, but they didn’t really give them enough to do. Maybe an hour-long episode would have fixed it? Or just focus on one or two instead of having so many guest actors. Both Laurie Metcalf and Christine Baranski have been great in previous episodes when there are fewer guest stars.

13. DreamRose311 says:

#20 (Re: Edger in You’re the Worst) *raises hand with very nervous look on face*

14. Dr.Bombay says:

8. There isn’t ANYTHING about the Rusty storyline that isn’t ridiculous. Allowing him and Gus to film the arrest, hanging out in the squad room, accessing computer files, hounding Buzz. Isn’t he supposed to be in school?

15. Sarah says:

#7 – As a Clevelander, I was thrilled to see that being a lifelong Browns fan isn’t completely futile! (Seriously I almost choked when I saw that on there.)

16. Ioanna Papageorgiou says:

13/ My thoughts exactly. Also, what’s up with Alexander wearing a wig this year?

17. KT says:

I do worry that “The Blacklist” team has no idea what the relationship between Red and Liz is. It’s getting old.

18. Winter says:

7) My Favorites were:
    Be Commissioner of Professional Football -824.55
    Tell A Woman to Smile -53.83
    Remain Loyal to Cleveland Browns +53.83

19. JC1 says:

9) Maybe, but I had the same thought, after that look between them at the end of the episode.
    11) Wow that’s some A+ fan casting there. :)
    22) Too late for me – I checked out toward the end of season 2.

20. Paul G Haase says:

#12, I said that same thing to my wife, he should have said Revenge instead.

21. Laura says:

7) I didn’t watch the premiere, but that graphic alone makes me want to give it a chance. “Overstate personal connection to tragedy that has nothing to do with you. -42.78” is my favorite.

22. SAM says:

6) I thought that the episode failed to utilize such great guest stars.

23. liame says:

23. Dang! Now Frank is truly one sexy MF. Dang dang dang! They better keep him around.
    24. It’s kind of like having no Presidential experience when you take office but you know how to bargain and make things happen because that’s what you do. Gin’s dad is in her head so I’m sure she was imagining him looking out at her in the stands. I mean come on, he came to her room and then she threw imaginary pitches to him. It’s entertainment people let’s not get side tracked. There are shows with 90 pound women out there fighting 200 pound muscle men and winning. “Super Heroes” and cops dodging hails of bullets and then some. The list goes on how outrages and ridiculous these shows can be but Let’s enjoy it for what it is, pure entertainment.

24. amysue4772 says:

7. Ohhhh, look at all the bonus points I get for being a Cleveland Browns fan.

25. Gerri says:

23. Shockingly good. Beards are the worst. He looks so good without it and the floppy hair. Connor got in before his final grades were given. Must have been accepted on his previous grades.

• Frankie says:

23. Frank looks delicious without the beard i bang him hehe!! I wish he just had hair shorter not almost baldb ut his appearance change is because Im sure he is really up to something bad, unless he wants to change his life now but being on Analisse payroll it be very difficult to get away from her without paying some dues first.

26. PatriciaLee says:

16. Wow, you’re right. I guess subconsciously I kept thinking they must have coordinated timing and placement, ahead of time, i.e. 1…2…3 from the bank scene. Maybe, they were setting it up to show the two partners are rubbing off on each other? 19. Could be or another layer of reveal, ahead, and what a hook to get us for next season. 22. Not much longer, since I just grit my teeth before watching, hoping to finally resolve and move on from the issue. It reminds me of the Red John situation on The Mentalist. It was a clever hook to get us into Red’s world, but time to wrap it up, suits. (Maybe, they can’t move on from ‘red’ characters in the writing room?) 26. No. It is atypical, which I guess is cool automatically in this modern age, but typical comes with thousands of years of good reason, sometimes. 27. The husband ran to CoziTV and MeTV, after 15 min. of one of them.

27. Craigger says:

12. ‘Ryan Lochte’ would have though…. The Manny: the life of a swimmer…. you’ll be arrested if not watching this shirtless show!!!!

28. Jennifer says:

21) They are used. But the ones at my hospital have the patient’s initials listed, not full names. On my old unit, the screen was right across from the nurses station out in the open, so anyone who came on the unit would pass right by it. The screen was like 60″ too. HIPAA is weird sometimes.

29. Jennifer says:

30. fiberlicious says:

Would Catherine really be ARROGANT enough to think that ex-daughter-in-law April would name her baby after her?

FTFY.

31. GraceM says:

I think everyone agrees Big Bang should have been an hour long. It felt rushed. When the finale rolls around (whether it’s season or series), I hope that’s an hour long.

32. 26) Never, ever, ever times ever, unless District 13 forces me for the good of the revolution.

33. Tom says:

6 | How is it that the crackerjack Big Bang Theory writers and the genius Katey Sagal gave birth to such an impossibly grating creation like Penny’s mother? And with so many quality guest stars to wrangle, wouldn’t this have been the time for the show to bust out an hour-long premiere?
    ~
    Yeah there so needed to be more time to that episode. Especially given how lackluster the season finale was
    ~
    7 | Which of The Good Place‘s +/– point values were your favorite?
    ~
    Well considering I watched it like the day after my sister’s birthday, which I did remember for the record, that one. Also, as a Bills fan, I liked the Browns one because I feel staying loyal to them is getting me points too.
    ~
    10 | Did Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pleasantly surprise you with the quality of Ghost Rider’s flaming skull CGI? And granted, she would just stand there, silent, but was Mallory Jansen quite eerie as powered-down LMD Aida?
    ~
    I swear to the FSM I said something like “I’d love to see the special effects budget for this episode”. And yeah, they cast Aida well. Also, bonus points for some Scottish Football love. I also feel like staying loyal to Rangers FC might get me points too.
    ~
    14 | Law & Order: SVU watchers: Why was the note about Ali’s care written in English, given that both its author (his mom) and its recipient (his great-aunt) both spoke the same foreign language*? (*Our ears are good, but not good enough to tell the difference between Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian.)
    ~
    Well, the show’s primary viewership speaks English so…..
    ~
    17 | Why didn’t Designated Survivor Tom Kirkman hear any kind of explosion outside, just before the State of the Union feed cut out? (Especially since we even heard the licking flames from across town once he opened the window?) Also did we blink and miss Tom getting any kind of briefing before meeting with the Iranian ambassador?
    ~
    Good question about the explosion. As for the briefing, well, there was a lot to cover in the episode so they probably didn’t have time for it?
    ~
    27 | Is it possible to flip through the channels these days and not find a true-crime documentary about JonBenét Ramsey?
    ~
    Also, can we be done with true-crime documentaries? Please?

34. MariaD says:

1. It’s about darn tootin’ time! Go, Tatiana… and Tatiana… and Tatiana… and…

7. Scratch elbow for +2.09 has me scratching my head.

10. Loved the Ghost CGI on Agents of SHIELD. Definitely much better effect than the one in the original movie version! I was impressed.

35. TV Gord says:

I think Tatiana’s win is due in some part to social media buzz. There have been loud complaints about her not winning before (and in many mainstream places). BONUS: Go to YouTube and search for: “The View Emmy Tatiana Maslany”, which is a clip from them discussing her the day the nominations came out. It’s cute.

Also, yes, The Big Bang Theory should have been an hour. There could have been many small scenes between a couple of the characters at a time, especially with Christine, Laurie and Judd. Many missed opportunities there. And lawdy, we could have done without that Kevin James waste of time that followed.

36. Kt says:

#19. I don’t think she’s Keyser Sose. I think after she spoke to White Rose and became a ‘believer’, that’s when she joined that side.

37. Tatiana finally winning probably had to do with the fact that AMC bought i think 49.1% of BBC America. With that comes more klout and more money to advertise to the voters. She did deserve it though.

38. Desiree says:

26. (project runway): absolutely not! First of all, there is no way that jumpsuit would flatter a woman with curves or plus sized. It was a dumpy, shapeless outfit. And that color was atrocious! If they wanted these looks to be wearable by various sizes and shapes, they should’ve had various sized/shaped models.

39. NTH says:

Edgar is breaking my lil heart in Your The Worst. I am both scared and excited to see what that poor character does. More scared though.

40. Grace says:

22. I checked out of The Blacklist a season and a half ago for this very reason. How are they STILL dragging out that mystery? Does anyone really care at this point?

And how is there not a mention of that weird Jack Lord cameo in Hawaii 5-0 tonight???

41. John NYC says:

“24 | How did a high-profile catch such as Pitch‘s Ginny wind up with an agent who has no sports management experience?”

Because everyone WITH pro baseball sports management experience managed male baseball players? And lacked imagination.

42. A fan of TV says:

Assuming Maslany won this year because last year’s nom woke Emmy voters to her work, though Krystal is fantastic, and this year they had already taken care of the PoC watershed, so this year’s new watershed was little sci-fi shows and stars that belong at the table in both her and Rami Malek.

43. Dee says:

What I want to know is, was that a computer generated Jack Lord at the beginning of the Hawaii Five-0 premiere last night? That was quite a surreal scene inside that chapel. I didn’t quite know what to make of it.

44. Ram510 says:

11) Nick Zano!!!! Perfect casting

45. NR says:

6-Yeah, I was hoping for more of a whacked out “Peg Bundy” character or a butt kicking SOA “Gemma” character type from Katey Sagal’s portrayal as Penny’s mother originally but in retrospect, I think at least one member of that family had to be the normal one since her dad’s a quirky lush and her bizarre but funny bro is a drug dealer/meth maker.
    7-Fail to disclose camel illness when selling camel, hands down. :-)
    11- Perfect. Stephanie Corneliussen and Nick Zano really fit the “Angelina and Brad” casting. Now just cast Amy Schumer as Jennifer Aniston and Steve Buscemi as her bestie Chelsea Handler and you got a perfect cast.
    14-Noticed that too. At lease have it written in the native language and have someone at SVU translate it afterward. That’s a bit more believable.
    15-Cookie usually has an awesome wardrobe but the bathrobe look was just wrong, on anybody. Unless you’re getting ready to take a bath then, well, okay.
    22-Yes. Stop dragging it out. We need some resolution here, Blacklist. C’mon.
    26-Looks like something I wore as a part time baggage handler at the airport during my college years. All it needs is a little patch saying American Airlines or whatever to complete that oh so fashionable look. No.

46. I looked at the bank draft which had said $7437 , I be certain …that…my friend could realie earning money in their spare time on-line. . there neighbor has done this for less than twelve months and resently paid the morgage on their mini mansion and got a great new Lancia . have a peek here….

===========>>> w­w­w.jobprofit9.C­O­M

47. Pat says:

#13—-I agree, that Dr. Borden is the mole on Blindspot. I thought of this after this past Wednesday’s episode.

48. TD says:

#22–This is the year I’ve checked out of Blacklist. Dragging out the mother/father story too long, but also too convoluted and increasingly ridiculous.

49. To answer number 22 , check out last season

50. mario says:

Agree that this should have been an hour-long premiere. The episode seemed rushed and they did not have enough for the guest stars to interact, especially Penny and Leonard’s dads. After all the hype for the episode the time could have been better utilized, however the ceremony was very beautiful and Kaley Cuoco looked stunning as a bride.