Superstore Ratings Olympics

Superstore Rings Up Full-Season Order

Business is booming at Superstore.

NBC has ordered nine additional episodes of the America Ferrera-fronted workplace comedy, bringing its show’s Season 2 total to 22 (aka a full season). The move comes after the show turned in a solid ratings performance this week in its new Thursday timeslot.

“We’re very proud of Superstore and we were so happy to see fantastic viewing levels with the preview during the Olympics as well as last night’s ratings in its new Thursday anchor time period,” NBC entertainment president Jennifer Salke said in a statement. “This is a show our audience loves and, paired with The Good Place, which our audience also loves, we think we have a sensational new comedy block to build this season.”

1. fiberlicious says:

This, I really don’t understand. The show is terrible. One-dimensional characters (make that caricatures), stereotyping up the ying/yang….

2. Larry says:

Let’s also keep in mind good and funny are subjective not objective

3. Davidj says:

I don’t watch many comedies anymore, but this one I like.

4. Lala says:

I enjoy the show but I feel this is the wrong decision. Shorter seasons are the way to go…I can see the show hanging on to a 0.7 at the most by the end of season 2.

• The more episodes the better for when they eventually cycle through afternoon or cable syndication that way it doesn’t feel like it’s always the same episode every time you turn on the tv.

• Mike M says:

I totally agree. Watch as what was funny once, and amusing the second time, becomes and utter snore fest the 5th and 6th times as the writers struggle desperately for ANYTHING funny that can be done in and around a shopping store/mall. And continuing to refer to 22+ episodes as a “Full Season” is totally wrong too. That would imply that 90+ percent of shows currently on TV are cut short and missing content or length. In truth the lesser episode seasons are really more FULL because the length is often much better able to deliver the great ideas of the writers without all the mediocre and rubbish ideas having to be mixed in as well.

5. Joey Padron says:

Good news the show got a full season for season 2! Show is good.

6. Leanne says:

Terrible show. Unbelievable.

7. Kevin K says:

Hope NBC keeps Superstore depending on how many seasons it will take before Cloud 9 is going out of business. My fave is definitely Glenn.

8. Ray says:

Wow, NBC has really lowered the bar on its sitcom quality. Superstore is middling at best.

9. Mark says:

The show needs to branch outside the superstore more. I’d like this to be more like the office and have the characters have outside shenanigans sometimes too.

10. . (@yikes77) says:

It’s not BAD but at the same time, I wished Telenovela was given more time to find an audience. I found that one pretty funny.

11. HAP says:

Charming cast. Silly show.

12. Nora says: