Days of Our Lives: Christie Clark and Austin Peck Returning — Find Out When

A familiar twosome has booked a return trip to Salem.

Days of Our Lives vets Christie Clark and Austin Peck are set to reprise their roles as Carrie and Austin in early 2017, Soap Opera Digest reports.

Clark, who has portrayed the role of Carrie on and off since 1986, last appeared on Days in 2012. “Days of Our Lives is the gift that keeps on giving for me,” she said in a statement. “Thirty years of fun, drama and love in the afternoon!!”

Peck, whose initial Days run spanned 1995-2002, last returned to the NBC soap for a year-long stint in ’05. The character of Austin, however, was seen again from ’11-’12, portrayed by Patrick Muldoon. Both Muldoon and Clark exited when the characters of Carrie and Austin left for Switzerland.

No further details are known about the length of their return or the storyline that brings them back.

Have at it, Days fans: Are you excited to see Carrie and Austin again?

1. Drew says:

Th show has had a revolving door behind the scenes and with each new crew there’s been a turnover of on air talent. I think the current set of writers are finally on track, as the writing has been sharper and there’s a more concerted effort to have characters interact in ways not previously seen. So with that said, despite Carrie and Austin having a bad storyline in 2012, I’m going to hope for the best in the next go round.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Hopefully they will actually do something with them this time around. Maybe Austin comes back for Kate’s funeral, that wouldn’t hurt my feelings one bit, LOL!!!!

3. Eric7740 says:

What does it matter? DAYS will get them to sign multi year contracts only to fire them 6 months later! They’ve been doing that wih the vets. Look what they just did to Martha Madson and Brandon Beemer!!!

4. Kevin K says:

Happy about the news that Christie Clark and Austin Peck are both returning to DAYS in early 2017. Peck hasn’t been seen since OLTL ended not to mention his great run on ATWT as Brad Snyder.

• Dave says:

Maybe Alison Sweeny will be back as well as long as they don’t do round (insert #) of Austin Carrie Sami Lucas again

• 77 says:

Chandler Massey and Ali Sweeney have to come back as Will and Sami now. They are part of the story! Will/Sonny/Paul storyline. And Sami will start plotting to break Austin and Carrie. Let me guess, Sami will somehow find about Carrie having another affair and use it to break them up. Sami and Austin will yet race to the alter, July? and Carrie will expose the truth. Kate will then try to break them up and stop Sami from causing chaos. It’s 1999 or 2006? all over again. Highley wrote the Will paternity thing in 95/97. Next year is going to be Austin and Carrie’s 20th wedding anniversey and the slap wedding of Will being Lucas son?

• wrstlgirl says:

Why in the heck redo this…..again? Been there, done that. Boring. Besides Sami has outgrown Austin and Carrie. She’s so far over those two being a couple she can no longer see it in her rear view mirror. We need to move forward, not back wards.

5. B says:

What’s the point of announcing it how since the show still tapes six months ahead. Do it when it’s nearer to them airing.

6. Maria says:

Long-time Days fan here (except when they fired Drake…I refused to watch then)…I’m so happy to have these two back, especially Christie Clark. I’ve always liked her. She and Drake had excellent chemistry when she was younger and he was “Roman.”

7. Tina says:

Days really does need to do something since they keep getting rid of characters just when the storylines are getting good. Geesh, I’m still upset about the Chad/Abigail storyline just up and ending.

• mooshki says:

I take it you don’t read spoilers? Abigail is due back any day now. They had to give the character some time off because Kate Mansi quit the show and it took them a while to find a replacement actress.

8. Rozie says:

Neither one of them can act.

9. jj says:

Another website has reported it as they are coming back for a short story arc.

10. KatieBarnes says:

SO over the moon about this return!

11. Mary says:

So glad for Carrie and Austin. But very disappointed about Martha Madison and Brandon Beemer. They didn’t give them a chance. With a little help and good writing I was hoping they could be one of the next super couples. I like them together but the writers and producers gave up to quickly. They deserved better material.

• Chris says:

Brandon Beemer will be back in a month or two to finish out his contract, and Martha Madison will also be back in January 2017!

12. RICH says:

Their return is no big deal. Their storylines ,whether good, or not, their acting does not cut it.

13. Sure, always glad to see the cast of characters come back, especially when they left on good terms. I don’t like it when they bring in a new person and introduce them as someone we are suppose to know, that always sucks.

14. Flora says:

Yes. I am very happy that they are coming back to many new faces .I miss the old family .I have been watching since 1950 my son was born that year and I am still a fan of days

15. Pam says:

I have watched DOOL’s since 1985. If I am not able to watch it I will record it or watch it online. And I love seeing old faces come back to the program. Looking forward to seeing Carrie and Austin again too. I did not like all the killings that were going on, losing especially Will and others, so lets’ not see that happen again please. Hopefully DOOL’s will go on for many more years.

16. Emily says:

I will be thrilled when Allison Sweeney and James Scott come back, not before!

17. T A A says:

How about bringing Tyler Christopher on as Dr. Mike Horton???

18. Deborah says:

Best news, I love these two.

19. Yola says:

Christie Clark and Roark Critchlow as Mike and Carrie were fantastic together! Their chemistry lit up the screen!

If it was their return together, I would definitely be interested.

I have never been a Carrie Austin fan, so their return together does not interest me at all.

20. With so many big stars having departed the show, they needed to bring back some familiar names and characters. Bringing Clyde back just stain’t gonna cut it.

21. Diane Smith says:

Heck yes super excited to have Carrie and Austin for a return hooe its longer tho .

22. Glad to hear the news of carrie and austins return to days of our lives . Especially that austin peck will be austin .

• bklyngirl says:

Peck is my favorite, and him and Christie Clark still got that glow between them. Muldoon looks unmatched with Clark.

23. baby says:

Been watching since 1966 – no longer watch. Hope is a murderer, Rafe overs it up, Roman knows and nothing is being done. Bye Bye

24. Deborah says:

What took the Producers & Writers So Long to bring Carrie & Austin back to Salem?

25. rosemary wood says:

Now I will start watching Days again now that Carrie and Austin are back. They are my favorite couple.

26. QueenB says:

The first coupe I ever shipped. I love Carrie and Austin!!! Can’t wait.

27. Marty says:

Happy to see Carrie. I just wish Muldoon was returning as Austin. Peck is a horrible actor.

28. Viilet says:

Wasn’t looking forward to Carrie and Austin returning as I didn’t like SL when he was being pursued by Abby. Also didn’t care for actor playing Austin. But I do like Austin Peck and remember him well as Brad Snieder o ATWT.

29. Sharee L says:

I want to and hope back to gather on days of our lives

30. Lois says: