America's Got Talent Finale

America's Got Talent Finale: Who Will Win? (And Who Should Win?)

In less than 10 hours, a new winning act from America’s Got Talent will be heading home with $1 million — and I think I know who it’ll be.

If I was a betting man, I’d put my money on ukulelist Grace VanderWaal or belter Brian Justin Crum. Not only do both singers consistently blow the judges’ minds — even Crum’s questionable arrangement of Michael Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror” got the judges on their feet this week — but they’re the kind of acts I can actually see going on to big careers.

Historically speaking, six of AGT‘s 10 winners thus far have been vocalists, ranging from country crooner Kevin Skinner in Season 4 to singing impressionist Terry Fator in Season 2. And even though recent seasons have veered from that trend — giving the grand prize to acrobatic dogs, a martial-arts dancer, a magician and a ventriloquist — I still believe VanderWaal and Crum to be this season’s standout acts.

A close third in my personal race would be NFL star-turned-inspirational magician Jon Dorenbos, who consistently — and pleasantly — surprised audiences throughout his run on the show.

That said, AGT is nothing if not full of surprises. As confident as I am in my belief that either VanderWaal or Crum will take home the million-dollar prize, it’s entirely possible that one of the other eight acts could be crowned victorious. (I mean, just look at an act like Tape Face. Did any of us think he would have made it this far into the competition?)

But enough from me. Vote for the act you think should win Season 11 below, then drop a comment with your reasoning.

1. Bonnie W says:

Funny, the five I voted for are the five at the bottom of the poll.

2. Chris says:

Early on in this season, after the judges used all of their Golden Buzzers, I knew that this years champion would be a singer. With American Idol finished, AGT is desperate for a singer to be the winner. Nothing against any of the singers and groups, they are all great performers, just obvious on the judges comments and results.

3. SK says:

This year is very tough! I love Brian, Grace, Jon and Sofie! I also like Viktor, The Clairvoyants and Linkin’. I don’t know who’s going to win but I’ll be happy with Grace, Brian, Jon or Sofie.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Tape Face is so stupid but he cracks me up. Love Jon Dorenbos but I think Grace will win it.

5. Shaun says:

Cmon Clairvoyants!

6. Steve says:

Grace (every song sounds exactly the same) will win.

7. LADY_in_MD says:

I hope Jon wins I think he is such a great magician!

8. Amber says:

They gush so over Grace, and here I am not understanding half of the words she sings.

• Meg says:

I do not understand even 1/4 of the words she “sings”. They should run the lyrics across the screen and maybe I would be amazed like they seem to be. I do not get it. Brian is just a magnificent singer who I would pay to see. Just read that he and Adam Lambert grew up together and had same voice teacher.

• Shaun says:

I think it’s because she has a type of voice that if she doesn’t enunciate words can become a bit garbled.

• kmayne says:

I have close captioned on to make out what she says. I was not overly impressed with her singing. While it is impressive that she composes all her own music, I just can not see a Las Vegas show as her as the star, As mentioned most of her songs sound the same

• Eric says:

Same here. I can’t understand most of her words because they are either too quiet and/or her enunciation is not the greatest. With all her songs being very similar, I think if any singer should win, it should be Brian, but I’m sure many will fall for the child singer “prodigy.” I think Jon Dorenbos or the Clairvoyants are probably the most likely non-singers who could win.

9. JosiahBartlet4President says:

I want Laura Bretan, Jon Dorenbos,or Brian Justin Crum to win. Sad that Jayna and Calysta were eliminated.

10. Amber says:

Oh and I’m not a bit surprised Tape Face made it to the final. He’s the only one I’ve heard people out in public talking about.

11. AngelWasHere says:

Grace will win, because it’s already been decided. Plus they just love her and all her same sounding songs. I voted for Laura to win, but they can’t have another opera singer win. As for Tape Face, I don’t find him funny at all now. I’ll break my TV if he wins.

• Lisa says:

I agree about Tape Face! I was astonished he made the finals! I think too much hype about Grace. Her voice doesn’t not compare to Brian’s, Linkin Bridges or Jayna’s!

12. Agustin says:

Singers SHOULD NOT be on competitions like AGT. IMHO, The Voice and late American Idol served this “genre or talent”. This show should be about acrobats, magicians, clairvoyants, jugglers, comedians, contoursionists, etc… Jon, Tape Face, Viktor, Clairvoyants (WHO SHOULD WIN) and if a singer HAS to win, please be Bryan!

• Russell says:

I completely agree with this statement and have always been thinking the same thing since this show aired. Singing and dancing acts should be left solely for singing and dancing competitions only such as Idol, The Voice, X-Factor, Dancing With the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, etc, because that’s where they can best show off their talent and fame nationwide where it is a battle of the voices. When you mix singers and dancers with any other acts, it just feels wrong, and for a singer to win just because they are amazing and incredible is messed up imo because we’ve all seen it before and as a matter of fact is unfair and excludes all the other more interesting amazing and incredible genres of talent that the show could and should have been and be based on. So they belong on singing and dancing competitions only since that it is how they can and should be recognized for their fame and talent nationwide, and when really I think the show should be solely dedicated to other genres of talent that you listed because I feel that they fit best into this kind of show and thus it would make it more unique and give all the other genres of talent a better chance of winning. If singers and dancers have many of their own shows, why can’t all the rest? Seriously…divide shows up into genres people.

• Keith says:

Well go make your own show

• laur says:

I agree too many singers I think it should be about magicians jugglers, contortionists etc.

13. Nicki Goddess says:

SAL VALENTINETI. is the real package !!

14. webly3 says:

Grace Vanderwaal and The Clairvoyants are the two worthy winners here. I’d be upset if they didn’t win, but I’d be okay if Sofie Dossi or Laura Bretan won (which they won’t).

15. Eric Dean says:

Funny, you picked two of the least deserving acts for me. The performance John did last night was easily the worst of the finale-I’ve seen every single one of those card tricks before, and just because you add a sappy story doesn’t make the act any less basic. As for Brian, I get that he’s a talented singer, but I’m tired of the exact same story being told each week. He’s gay, he’s had it rough, whatever. Why did he not focus on his accomplishments before the show, such as the decade of Broadway experience he’s had, and generally just anything else but the same old story. I’m a gay male, and it’s frustrating to see every gay man on this show come on and have a sob story of whatever sort of trauma they’ve faced. There needs to be more to what you’re putting on than “I’m gay, I sing, I got bullied, I had emotional trauma.” That comes off sounding like I don’t care about that, but when it’s your sole focus your entire act, it comes across as disingenuous reality drivel. Furthermore, I thought the arrangement last night was questionable, and it seemed like he was trying too hard to hit all the notes. To each their own, but I’ve had it with relying so much on the sob story to get you through this show. Singing acts just bore me so much on this show.

16. Steve says:

BJC is, by far the best performer left in the field. The 12 year old …..who actually understood two words that she sang last night? She’s copying a two year old style of changing vowel sounds and being raspy- cool for a 12 year old but not the best in the field by any means.

17. jordan says:

Um I could have guessed that the clairvoyants took a mans wallet and pulled out his license. Now if she knew his license number, that would’ve been impressive

18. Russell says:

Man, it’s hard to choose just 1 person, but I want either John Dorenbos, The Clairvoyants, Sofi Dossi, Victor Kee, or even Tape Face to win. But if a singer just HAS to win….Then by all means let it be Brian.

19. Sue Terry says:

Love Sal, even more than Buble. I could see him in Vegas. Grace is a sweetheart but the Vegas life would ruin her

20. tom crider says:

Here Here is hoping that Grace does not win. Her voice grates on my very last nerve. I always fast forward through her.

21. Don says:

I tend to think your vote is close except tapeface. He is not funny and is not worthy of top ten. Brian takes songs we love and destroys them by trying to do too much, and enough with the sob story. The winner is Grace. She is real, she writes very well, sings with passion, and I am a fan. She deserves to win and should.

22. AngelWasHere says:

B/w I will punch my TV if Jon Dorenbos wins. He’s not worthy of the prize and he should stick to football.

23. Mary Ann Burns says:

If I could vote a million times my vote would be for Brian, he is AMAZING

24. beatlechicksteph says:

I think Grace is very over rated. I’m rooting for Sofie or the Clairvoyants.

25. Atty says:

I love Grace because she writes originals, I love Brian because he just has a beautiful voice, I love Jon because I love magic, I love Tape Face, well, because he’s tape face, the funniest guy I’ve ever seen. I love The Clairvoyants because they are so original. I love Sal because he has is grandmother he’s singing for. I love Laura because kids her age, you know, don’t sing, or even like opera normally. I love Sofie because she is so freaking cool. I love Linkin’ Bridge because of their backstory. And I love Viktor because of his message.
    Seriously, how do we vote?

26. Joy Barthman says:

It’s really hard to vote for just one for they are all talented. I would go with Brian Justin Crim, due to the fact that he can sing anyone’s songs and they don’t sound like all the same tone. Grace’s sounds all the same mono tone. She is a good song writer though.

27. Debbie says:

Grace is not a Las Vegas act by any means. Too young.

28. roshin says:

GRACE you’re THE BEST ONE !!!!🎈🎈🎈Grace Gina win💋💋💋

29. Carpe Diem says:

Amazing Grace all the way! She’s unique, performs original music and is refreshing. Her enthusiasm is infectious and exciting.

30. Liz says:

I loved Grace from the very first act. She is so unique and fresh. I think we all need a new face and new voice to listen to on the radio on our way to work to helps us get our day started with a very happy possitive attitude. I love her style!!!!

31. Eurydice says:

Grace is not a Las Vegas act and Brian only maybe. But I don’t mind if they win. All the finalists are great this year.

32. Paul Warren says:

Laura Bretan should win AGT she is a natural singer with a beautiful and powerful voice, if it is left to the general public they will vote Laura out android some idot win it. And if that happens I will never again watch this programme.

• B Shep says:

Laura Bretan already won “Romanias Got Talent” a few months ago. She comes off as very surprised at her talent and very humble over the comments she’s receiving, but she knows she’s good and is expecting to win

33. Naomi says:

Sophie dossi is self taught and just has so much talent. I could see her in her own show in Vegas. I could watch her for hours

34. dork says:

if i were a judge i would buzz every singing act because so many people can sing

35. A fan of TV says:

My feelings on this: Let Crum have it. VanderWaal has time, and tons of talent, writes great songs esp considering her age, and would be totally out of place headlining a Vegas show. Jennifer Hudson didn’t need to win a TV talent show, either. This is not to denigrate Crum, but I prefer Grace exponentially from a musical perspective, just don’t think a Vegas revue is the sort of prize she needs at 12-years-old. I’m positive she’ll get a recording deal if she doesn’t win, anyway, and Crum is definitely more suited to a Vegas revue, deserving too, but nowhere near the raw musical talent that Grace is.

36. Katarina says:

I agree, Grace has the same ole songs..they all sound alike. I think she has a nice voice, but she should have sang a popular song maybe. Also, I can’t see her as a Las Vegas act? I’m rooting for Brian Justin Crum, I could listen to him all day, he has it all going for him.

37. Dorrie says:

Yes the vocals are great, I especially like Crum, but vocal competitions are all over TV and I think a more unusual/creative act should win. Sofie is amazing…she creates her own routines! I can’t see people paying to see a Las Vegas act with a 12 year old in it, Grace, even though she is talented.

38. Ron says:

Been a lot of great talent this season. Grace is so talented for her age , she will go far and put a lot of joy in all our hearts.

39. Emory says:

I love that Sal Valenetti is bringing back that big band music and showmanship that we haven’t seen much of since Frank Sinatra. He is a true showman and great all around performer. I would go see him in Vegas. I love the two little girl performers. They are amazing, but I wouldn’t go see them in Vegas. I also love Brian!!!

40. Karyn says:

Factored into my choice is the fact that people going to a Las Vegas show (and that is the goal of this competition) want to see great talent but they also want to be entertained by the banter, personality of the star. Lot of Terry’s fabulous success I think is due to not only his ventriloquist skills but his ability to play to the audience. Sal like Terry has a high level of skill with his talent and his performance is also enhanced with his fabulous ability to play to the audience. Sal is my choice.

41. rob says:

I voted Clairvoiants, only because I’d pay to go see them once a week.

42. I loved Jon Dorenbos. But I think Brian Crum deserves it more than that young girl.

43. CAROLYN says:

I cannot believe that everyone thinks Grace or Jon will win. I was able to figure out all of Jons tricks and Grace has a cute voice but real talent is the girl contortionist and victor kee. Grace and Jon do not deserve to win. She will have a career anyway but my two choices are victor and the contortionist, sorry I forgot her name.

44. Brad Beck says:

morons, how many 12 year olds out there writing and singing their own songs and sound as good as her

• Vee says:

Excuse me, Morons??? What sound are you talking about? Maybe you understood but so many of us did not. Grace should stay at home and play with her dollies.

45. Gina hawkins says:

Sofie Dosie!!! We’ve never seen anything like her and so young- self trained- cute as a button!!!

46. Chris says:

Brian Crum is hands down the best singer and should win this year. Not a 12 year old young girl still in school and needs to improve her vocals a lot.. Tape face is the worst act never should be in final stage. Sales is awesome and Sofie too.
    I love Linkin bridge and Sal V too. It was the best AGT season ever. I want to actually see Brian in Vegas in October.

47. Trisha says:

Brian drum has show the quality of an entertainer and a individual artis. He is enjoyed by all ages of an audience. Show diverse range of songs and the difference he approaches speaks to all people who do not fit into the so call world norm. He is more realistic then copy the expectation of ………..the standard.

48. Lana Frank says:

Week after week, Brian blows me away. Just like Adam Lambert should of won American Idol, Brian should win AGT.!

49. Makenna says:

I think Sofi dossi deserves a win because this is what a Vegas show should be not just another singing at they want something different and Sofi displays that. She has true talent,is self taught and has great show men ship all at the same time

50. Maddy says:

Love Jon, the clairvoyants and Laura. Do not like TapeFace at all, he’s spooky and freaks me out, I think Grace will write wonderful music but I certainly don’t think she could do a whole show in Vegas. The 3 I mentioned I feel could wow audiences.