Westworld: New Trailer Promises Sex, Guns... and Plenty of Robots

Sweet dreams are… definitely not made of these gorgeous, disturbing images featured in Westworld‘s latest trailer.

The new “Dreams” promo for HBO’s hotly anticipated sci-fi drama (posted above) offers a closer look at what visitors encounter when they arrive at the high-tech theme park: a stunningly detailed recreation of the Old West, with lifelike robots offering the chance to engage in authentic gunfights — and even a wild whorehouse orgy. (This does air on HBO, after all.)

But not all the robots are happy to play along. In the clip, we see fair-haired android Dolores (Evan Rachel Wood) locked in an intense philosophical discussion with the park’s mastermind, Dr. Robert Ford (Sir Anthony Hopkins). With Roy Orbison’s “In Dreams” strumming in the background, Ford quizzes Dolores on what she thinks is happening.

“Have you been dreaming again, Dolores?” Ford asks. She only responds with a single tear rolling down her (synthetic) face.

So do these Wild West androids dream of electric cattle? We’ll find out when Westworld premieres Oct. 2.

Will you tune in when Westworld debuts next month? Pull the trigger in the comments.

1. Wordsmith says:

Props to the article author for that Philip K. Dick/Blade Runner riff.

2. Talulah Riley Should play Dagger in Freeform’s upcoming Marvel TV Show Cloak and Dagger.

3. Joey says:

This show could go SO right or SO wrong. I’m extremely excited for it because, at the very least, its extremely visually appealing.

• Erin B says:

That’s kind of how I feel. Like it will be amazing or a hot mess. Here’s hoping for the first!

• Wordsmith says:

I remember thinking the same about Game of Thrones. I guess that one worked out alright…

• Joey says:

Yeah I think we’re on the opposite sides of thinking that Game of Thrones turned out alright…

• Wordsmith says:

I realize that there are people who think GoT is something other than a tremendously successful adaptation of a very complicated story, but I’m pretty sure those naysayers are a very small minority.

• Joey says:

Oh, I wouldn’t argue over GoT being successful, but I take issue with people who say it is good. I mean, the acting is typically top-notch (with a few exceptions), the settings are fantastic, costuming is relatively middle-of-the-road, but the writing… As the showrunners move further and further from the source material, the writing gets worse and worse. Its not that they have characters make decisions that I don’t agree with. Its that they have characters make decisions that, when you take the character’s current mindset and the universe that the show has cultivated into mind, those decisions make absolutely no sense.

4. Daniel snow says:

Shoulder shrug. I looks good enough to watch when I have nothing else to watch

5. Dennis says:

So excited for
    This omg

6. Patrick McNamara says:

This could be the first US series that goes as deep into robotics and cybernetics as Ghost In The Shell.

I’m also suspecting that guests who die in WW are replaced with robots, which would be a play on the Futureworld story.

• Wordsmith says:

Almost Human had the potential to go there, and actually made considerable headway in one season, but sadly didn’t get the chance it deserved.

7. Jag says:

Best trailer of the season. I forgot how many well know actors are involved in this project. This is like Hannibal level visual. i am confident this will be a great show.

8. Elli says: