Donald Trump to Discuss His 'Personal Health Regimen' With Dr. Oz

Donald Trump is answering questions about his health by paying a house call to Dr. Oz.

The Republican presidential nominee will appear on the medical-themed daytime talk show next week — yes, really — for an hour-long interview, the show announced Friday. The chat will address “the important questions that affect your health and the security of America,” per the press release. Plus, Trump promises to reveal “his own personal health regimen.”

This news comes as both Trump and his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, continue to be dogged by gossip about their possible health issues. Clinton jokingly addressed the rumors on Jimmy Kimmel Live by deftly opening a jar of pickles, but Trump won’t let up on her. In fact, he told ABC News this week that he planned to release his full medical records soon — or, short of that, apparently, simply tell Mehmet how many daily push-ups he does.

Trump’s Dr. Oz appearance — billed as “a no-holds-barred conversation you’ll be talking about” — will air Thursday, Sept. 15 (check local listings), as part of the show’s Season 8 premiere week. Can a Dr. Phil appointment with Hillary be far behind?

Will you tune in to see Donald Trump on Dr. Oz? (And will Dr. Oz be a tougher interviewer than Matt Lauer?)

1. Dave says:

Thank you Mr. Trump for continuing to be transparent. This is why you are gaining more and more support with each passing day. Very much looking forward to this. I doubt you will see #HackingHillary do anything similar.
    #trump2016

• Wordsmith says:

*cough* *tax returns* *cough*
      Seriously, Trump is probably the least transparent candidate ever, at least when it comes to actual facts instead of wild rumors and innuendos.

• Wordsmith says:

Maybe it seems like he’s being transparent because of all the embarrassing and possibly damaging things that he keeps blatantly doing and saying right out in public, rather than having the tact to do it in private like a normal person.

• Angela says:

…you’re joking with this, right?

• readenreply says:

“I have the best vitamins” “I’m treated by the best doctors” “A lot of people tell me how great I look for my age”

• Tony says:

If by transparent, your referring to his openness in being a racist, misogynistic crap stain on the public consciousness, then you’re absolutely correct

• Temperance says:

Transparent? Lying, and not even doing a good job of it isn’t transparent. He’s a sociopathic con man, and national threat. Full stop.

• Donald, is that you? Have you really not read any of the fact-checking articles that show who the most honest and dishonest politicians are? (I tried to post one, but I guess comments with links automatically don’t go through.) They show that Clinton is one of the most honest candidates in recent years, and Trump is one of the most dishonest. All politicians lie, but the only thing Trump is honest about is how much he hates everyone. If he gets elected, you’ll deserve what you get – a narcissist who doesn’t know what he’s doing and pisses off all our allies.

2. Wordsmith says:

Predicted sample excerpt from the interview: “I have health. I have great health. Really great health. My health is the greatest you’ve ever seen. Everybody says so.”

• Kayhan says:

Exactly. Donald Trump does not know how to be honest and trustworthy. He just talks and the stupid cones out naturally. Then when he gets flack, he changes his tune. He is not worthy enough to be in public office, let alone POTUS.

3. Lara Blackett says:

A liar talking to a fraud. Sounds about right.

4. Guy says:

Two hacks on one stage. Perfect.

5. lisa says:

I will never watch dr. OZ again. Done.

6. Tom says:

Don’t you think he looks tired?

7. JosiahBartlet4President says:

The guy eats like an 18 year old frat boy minus the booze. Who knows how he hasn’t had a heart attack.

Also, Dr. Oz is a charlatan.

8. Beth says:

TVLines comment section in a nutshell

Support Trump? Expect people to reply to you saying you’re wrong
    Support Hillary? Expect replies like “Agreed”

Let people support who they want

9. Tracy288 says:

Oh and THAT’S going to be credible.

10. Holly says:

I don’t care for dr Oz but I’m sure all will go well for the show with having trump on the show ..

11. Pat says:

Another con job, by his royal orangeness. Since when is Dr. Oz your physician, Mr.Trump??? Just another TV appearance and ploy, by this reprehensible liar and I am really very disappointed that Dr. Oz is doing this and as far as I am concerned, it makes him look bad.

12. Temperance says:

How heavily is that pic photoshopped? They took thirty-years of that sociopathic oragnutan! What a monster, and a truly gifted liar.

13. Lynda McLennan says:

I taped the show and tried to watch it. It made me physically ill so I didn’t see much. I might have hung in if Trump was going to disclose his tax returns. Haha–yeah right. Why does he continue to lie about not being able to do so because he’s being audited? Retorical question. And, anyone with half a brain knows this not a valid excuse. Tax returns CAN be disclosed during an audit.
    I am disgusted with Dr. Oz for giving air time to that racist, poor excuse for a human being, pig. I will never watch Dr. Oz again!! Ever!!!! Shame on you, Dr. Oz.