Fall TV Preview

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Rebecca and Josh Get Freaky in Season 2 Trailer

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is going to some weird, wonderful places this fall.

The CW on Friday released the musical comedy’s first official Season 2 trailer, in which Paula reveals she’s “so worried” about Rebecca and Josh’s relationship moving forward — and for good reason. (Come on, we didn’t fall in love with Rebecca for her stability.)

The trailer also includes quick cuts of some of Season 2’s more off-beat moments, including Rebecca drinking from a hamster bottle while dressed like a hamster, Rebecca sauntering through the desert in a cactus costume, and Rebecca singing under a shower of popcorn. (Actually, I think I’m starting to sense a pattern here.)

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend returns Friday, Oct. 21 at 9/8c. Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment with your hopes for Season 2.

1. Phillip says:

I love this show!!

• Mike M says:

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing & Outstanding Choreography Emmy wins today! Congratulations to everyone on the show. I can now officially remove the “guilty” from my favorite guilty pleasure :-)

2. Lola says:

Josh looks surprised by that kiss in the snapshot above. LOL. If you thought Rebecca was crazy the first season, she’s about to go nuclear.

3. Mike says:

The trailer isn’t showing up :(

4. Mi.cha.el says:

I didn’t realize how exhausted Bloom had become by the end of season 1. From the looks of this, her batteries have been fully recharged over the summer and now she’s just throwin’ off sparks.

5. Simon Jester says:

Yes yes YES!

6. GregJ. says:

LOVE this show, but why is it in a Friday now :( I just hope that it survives that time slot. Can’t wait!!!!

• bbock says:

Well, it will have less competition. I think it used to be on against The Voice or some other wildly popular show. And doesn’t everyone have DVRs these days? Do people still watch LIVE TV? I was shocked it was renewed. I LOVE the show but the ratings didn’t live up to the quality of the show. I just hope it’s kicking ass on Netflix.

7. Cranky says:

Please, please, please…I hope season two doesn’t suck. This is my absolute favourite show and I’m just so scared it’s going to have a sophomore slump. My fingers are firmly crossed that I’m wrong. Team Greg!!

8. She’s so fun; love this show!

9. MK says:

Finally binged this show last week and I’m so glad I did! Totally Team Greg!

10. Michelle says:

I recently binged season 1 on Netflix and absolutely adore this show! But I don’t like Josh with Rebecca at all, so I’m a little worried about season 2. Is it bad that I can’t wait wait for their relationship to fall apart so we can move on to something else?

11. Cat says:

Team Greg all the way!

12. meleliot says:

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is the most fun show on TV. I’m so happy it’s back! Rachel Bloom is amazing as Rebecca, and the song writing is hilarious. Yay! 💖