Fall TV Preview
law & Order: SVU Anthony Edwards

TVLine Items: SVU Hosting ER Reunion, Black Sails Season 4 Trailer and More

One of ER‘s short-lived couples is getting back together on Law & Order: SVU.

Anthony Edwards will reunite with Mariska Hargitay, who played his love interest on the medical drama, during an upcoming SVU episode, EW.com reports.

No details are available about Edwards’ character.

Law & Order: SVU Season 18 premieres Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 9/8c on NBC.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Hulu is is developing Queen of Shadows, an epic fantasy adventure TV series based on Sarah J. Maas’ Throne of Glass books, our site site Deadline reports. Kira Snyder (The 100) will pen the pilot about a complicated female assassin with a mysterious past who only wants her freedom.

* Aasif Mandvi (The Brink) and Maya Kazan (Sleepy Hollow) have joined the cast of TBS’ comedy pilot World’s End.

* Starz has released a trailer for Black Sails‘ fourth and final season, premiering January 2017:

* Amazon has unveiled the first look at its upcoming drama Goliath, from Ally McBeal/The Practice creator David E. Kelley. The series, starring Billy Bob Thornton, William Hurt, Olivia Thirlby and Maria Bello, debuts Oct. 14.

1. Shaun says:

Can’t wait for Black Sails.

2. Lisa says:

I cannot wait for Dr. Mark Greene and Cynthia to reunite. I don’t care what the circumstances are. I’m sure he’ll be a sadistic psycho but whatever, I’m ready, SVU!

3. Rachel says:

As excited as I am for the ToG series coming to tv I am very disappointed it’s gonna be on Hulu. And why aren’t they calling it throne of glass? Is it bc people will get ToG mixed up with GoT?

4. Tina says:

Where has all the diversity gone? Every new show is 10 white people to MAYBE 1 poc.

5. Sara says:

I haven’t seen Edwards for more than 10 years. My first thought seeing the photo was “wow he’s aged”, then I realised how much I aged

6. Joey Padron says:

Happy there will be an ER reunion on SVU. Can’t wait to see Anthony and Mariska work together again!

• Oscar the Oddity says:

The only thing that would make it better would be for Alex Kingston to return to SVU as a defense attorney for Anthony’s character. This is still good news, however.

7. The Carpooler says:

Wow, that’s a way back throwback. I’d forgotten she was on ER. Anthony’s role as Dr Greene is still one of my favorites of all time. He made that show amazing. I’ll tune into his SVU stint.

8. Ro says:

I don’t remember that Mariska was on ER. Is it streaming anywhere? Would love to binge it like I could with The West Wing.

9. GraceM says:

I forgot that Mariska had been on ER before doing SVU.

10. HAP says:

Actually, given the long run of the series, Mariska was in only 13 episodes. So it would be easy to forget she was on. Fun piece of trivia- The only cast member to appear in every episode of ER is Noah Wyle.

• Jamie says:

Lmao there were 4 or 5 more seasons of ER after Noah Wyle left. He wasn’t in like 100 episodes of the show.

• Brian says:

you’re trivia in totally incorrect considering Noah Wyle left the show at the conclusion of season 11, and only did a guest appearance in season 12, and then he was recurring in season 15….sorry