Ratings: Trump/Clinton Forum Draws Big Crowd, Gothic Steady With Finale

NBC’s Commander-in-Chief forum on Wednesday drew 10.8 million total viewers — the night’s largest audience — with a 1.8 rating, tying it for second in the demo behind America’s Got Talent.

AGT itself did 10.5 mil and a 1.9, down a tick week-to-week. Running Wild closed the night with 5.2 mil/1.2.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

CBS | Big Brother (6 mil/1.8) dipped a tenth week-to-week, while American Gothic‘s double-episode season finale did 2.6 mil/0.6 and 2.6 mil/0.5, on par with its week-ago numbers.

THE CW | Penn & Teller (1.6 mil/0.4) dipped a tenth, while Whose Line (1.3 mil/0.4) was flat.

FOX | MasterChef (4.3 mil/1.4) was steady.

1. Cat says:

Totally did NOT see the twist at the end coming where Alison pays Sophie (SBK’s daughter) to kill her mom. Way to go writers!

• dan says:

Weeks ago I predicted that Allison had something to do with the mystery. However, I didn’t predict that she’d pay off Sophie to kill Mommy Dearest. I bought into the mis-direction about Naomi and didn’t see Sophie as the accomplice. Enjoyable summer show with a decent mystery that had enough twists and surprises to keep it interesting without being ridiculous or nonsensical.

2. Jason says:

whats the ratings to Queen sugar? Haven’t seen many people talking about it. Thought it was great

• Britt/Bratt says:

There’s an article on it on Deadline’s website. I can see it on the very bottom of this page. I don’t know if you can see the same articles on the bottom of this page as well.

3. padraicj says:

We need a post mortem for American Gothic to talk those twists.

• MMD says:

I so agree. I just sat here stunned at the ending.

I figured for sure that it was Tessa and that everyone was involved in a massive cover-up in some way. No way did I see Sophie coming out of the woodwork nor Allison’s part in it but she is her mother’s daughter. When I heard the line about her mother being proud it sent chills down my back. Even when Cam arrived back downstairs (in that awesome scene) I didn’t realize that Madeline was dead I thought she was just drugged or unconscious. Also poor Jack, no wonder he’s odd, he gets his killer instincts from both sides of his family.

4. BM says:

Was there no photo of at least Trump *and* Clinton available? They’re both running, after all and Trump’s not really short on getting media attention anyway.

5. Susan says:

Matt Lauer did a horrible job. He is definitely a “talk show guy” and not a professional journalist.

6. Pat says:

I just could not fathom being a part of that family. I knew at the beginning of this show that Madeline was definitely a murderess, but I almost had her pegged to be the silver bell killer and I was wrong but still right as forher being a murderess. Heck, half the people on this show were killers. Talk about one screwed up family, with Jack who is related to two sides of families who are downright killers and with all the babies, that they showed at the end yikes, to know how anyone of them will turn out. This is beyond one messed up family. PS: It was a good summer mystery show and I enjoyed watching it.

• Tracy288 says:

I still don’t understand what Madeline’s mother had to do with anything. Unless I missed something crucial, I thought at least Madeline would walk away from the trailer and it would go up in flames, but after that one scene, she never appeared again. Does anyone think this will be renewed?

7. Zzzzzzzzzzz says:

Anyone else think that Big Brother is going to be boring from this point out?

• Tim says:

This is the worst season of all time.

• jennifer lennox says:

Yeah, Big Brother has been terrible this year. There was no one to really hate, no real conflict and I miss at least every other airing. It’s got nothing to make me care about watching one boring houseguest after another leave the show. They’ve all been a bit too likeable for me. The only one with an edge is Paul but he’s still too nice so I’m just ‘meh’ about who will win in the end.