Fall TV Preview
Fall Preview Spoilers Photos

Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!

With the Fall TV season almost here, it is time to ask: Are you possibly ready for all that your favorite returning shows have in store? That’s where TVLine comes in.

Our staff has compiled a comprehensive overview of 42 returning series on broadcast, cable and streaming, loading it with exclusive intel, unveiling photos that you can’t see anywhere else and answering burning Qs you might not have realized you had. Such as….

Will Mon-El be friend or foe to Supergirl? Which new Gilmore Girls installment packs the biggest emotional punch? Will Penny’s mom create anarchy at the Big Bang Theory wedding? Do Arrow‘s Oliver and Felicity have a future? Will Lucifer‘s truth come out? Which familiar face will give the NCIS: Los Angeles team an assist? Has a Blacklist bond grown cold?

For those answers and dozens more, flip through TVLine’s Returning Favorites gallery below (or click here for direct access), then tell us which show(s) you are most anxious about!

1. wrstlgirl says:

Chicago Fire needs to resolve this whole relationship/work issue with Dawson and Casey once and for all. They’re gonna have to get married in order to permanently adopt Louie so let’s just cut the cord and get it done.

2. Liz says:

I really hope we see Felicity have some emotional breakdown after Havenrock. She went through a painful thing and had to make a devastating choice (though it bugs me when people say she’s responsible, Damien was), so I want to see the fallout of that. I don’t mind if Olicity aren’t back together for a while. They should take some time apart but I’m still rooting for them all the way!

3. Courtney says:

Thanks for all the scoop. I love that Younger picture of Charles and Liza. And of course, love Jane the Virgin, Gilmore Girls, Grey’s, and How to Get Away With Murder spoilers.

4. Jennifer says:

Hey – Team TV Line. Can you please help me out with something? WHEN is Gilmore Girls being released? I’ve read on the site that it’s 12:01 am PST on the 25th (so, 3:01 am EST). That means the evening between Thursday and Friday. However, on this site, for the GG pic, you have RETURN DATE: Saturday, Nov. 26 at 3:01/2:01c (which would be between Friday and Saturday. Please tell which it is. I can’t stay up for 3 days in a row!!!

Also, is the Blind Item Danny’s daughter’s boyfriend on H5O? the way the Bonus Spoiler is written (“but finding out who it is makes the ride so enjoyable,” Lenkov laughs.) makes it seem so.

Thanks!!!

5. Dean says:

CPD: here’s hoping that they don’t turn it into a nother Lindsay circus, killing Justin’s murderer was Voight’s decision and he should be the focus not his pseudo daughter.
    Arrow: makes sense Oliver is rallying a new team given the rest of team arrow is scattered at the moment.
    Flash: Good to know even after its fixed Barry’s time travel trip will have lasting affects that need to be addressed and delt with.
    Supergirl: I’m taking this whole Alex and Sawyer thing as a sign that Alex will be around for a while given what’s being said on IMDB for Chyler Leigh and her apparent short order of episodes compared to what’s recored about everyone else.
    NCIS: threat must be big if they’re bringing in the MI6, also wonder how the seating arrangements in the office will accommodate five agents plus Reeves.

6. Linda says:

I’m getting the vibe that the English Men of Letters will be like the Bela storyline from season 3; work with sometimes and work against (just like with Crowley/Rowena).

7. thisismenow says:

I refuse to accept a reference to Katey Sagal as Gemma. She is forever Peg Bundy! (I don’t care if I am showing my age) **weeps**

As usual, thank you TVLine for whetting our appetite for when TV finally comes back! I really need Grey’s to step it up this season with the drama!

8. sofia says:

Regarding CM, the most important question is:
    “Is Emily going to replace Hotch as the new Unit Chief?”

She better be!

9. Matt C. says:

I don’t care what anybody says: season 2 of HTGAWM was AMAZING. Pete Nowalk and his team should be proud!

• Angela says:

I liked season 2 as well :). And I can’t wait to see what craziness the show will come up with next season.
      Also, this Russell character has me intrigued. Hmmm.

10. Iris says:

I didn’t look forward to Negan because I was afraid that TWD would turn in “the misery hour for the characters we know and love”. I like gritty, but completely hopeless, no; and I have no taste for any kind of humilation conga. So I’m glad to see that the showrunners are addressing the issue early on and I will be watching. I might not have otherwise.

11. Ames says:

Looking at all of these slides just proves that I really don’t watch much mainstream television anymore.

12. Joey Padron says:

Good scoops on my favorite shows new seasons! Excited for my favorite shows to be back this month and next month! It’s gonna be a good fall tv season!

13. Kevin K says:

The Blacklist needs to put an end on this whole Liz Keen’s daddy issue once and for all.

14. Regis Hale says:

there is no empire or blue Bloods

15. Theresa Steward says:

Why is NCIS New Orleans missing? Is there nothing exciting happening there?

• Sarah says:

That’s what I was wondering. You’d think there would be something to say with Brody leaving and Vanessa Ferlito’s FBI agent coming in. At least there’s that to talk about.

16. Sarah D says:

NCIS LA: do they really need to pair Callen off with Arkady’s daughter. She is pretty and all but her acting skills….I cringe every time she speaks. I really liked Callen with the schoolteacher.

17. Beiver says:

I want to know if there backstories to the characters in htgawm ? And who?

18. Stacy says:

Most excited for Grey’s Anatomy & Gilmore Girls.

Hawaii Five-0: Grace’s boyfriend…. this has to be Nahele, right?

19. Lily says:

Enjoy both Chicago PD and Fire but am tiring of Voight’s constant bad ass cop routine. Also tiring of the Erin-centric episodes (almost all of them). Nothing against the actress but I would love to see more story lines from the others characters who I find more interesting. That’s why I’m excited to see the Platt episode and especially the Antonio and Sylvie connection. Like that the writers are giving us something unexpected and out of the box. It will be interesting to see how it plays out!

20. Jamie says:

HTGAWM: The only reason newcomer Russell would need to get between Connor and Ollie would be to *get* between them. Threesome please! If any primetime network show would do it, it would be this one.

21. Biever says:

Htgawm What about connor ? S2 was a letdown for this character . Wasn’t connor the breakout character in S2 ? What happened?!!