Fall TV Preview

Grey's Anatomy Trailer: First Season 13 Footage Hints at Murder Rap for Alex

How do you get away with murder on Grey’s Anatomy? You beg your BFF to keep her trap shut.

ABC has dropped the first footage from the medical soap’s Season 13 premiere (Sept. 22, 8/7c), and it reveals that pummeling Andrew took at the hands of Alex not only landed him in the hospital but left him fighting for his life.

Cut to Alex waiting in the wings nursing bloody knuckles while Meredith drops truth bombs like, “You think nobody’s going to realize this is you?” and “You could go to jail!”

Strangely, the person at the center of this hullabaloo, Jo, is nowhere to be seen during the 15-second promo. Where do you suppose she is? And do you think Grey’s would really kill off Andrew, thereby making Alex a murderer? Watch the clip above and then weigh in below!

1. Staci says:

God, Alex has such a bad temper, but I do love him. I feel like Justin Chambers is going to be amazing in this episode.

2. Gary says:

After making Karev the most important person in Meredith’s life it would be extremely asinine to make him a murderer. That being said I do not see a way for him to come out unscathed from this which would make it a major plot point for this season (about damn time Karev had a decent story line outside of Jo).

3. Jolexisajoke says:

I vote they kill off Jo 😏😏

4. Courtney says:

Justin Chambers is going to be absolutely amazing in this episode. Yes Alex has anger issues, but I don’t think he needs therapy for it. Meredith is pretty loyal to her friends so I’m not sure if she would tell on him. This is going to be an amazing season.

• Eran says:

He has beaten a man within an inch of his life but he doesn’t need anger management therapy? I can only hope you aren’t as forgiving in real life…

• S says:

Thanks. Violence shouldn’t be excused others tolerated. He needs to face the consequences of what he did to Deluca. And I love alex but no way I’m ok with the violence and his anger

• Jessica says:

Alex is one of my favorite characters, but what he did is not okay.. at all.

• Lambsilencer says:

No, it was not okay at all, and should be dealt with accordingly by him seeing the inside of a prison cell for at least a year. But I figure that they will find a way to keep Alex around. It’s one of the oldest tropes on TV. You can’t really be realistic about the ramifications of many questionable or illegal actions committed in a TV show, or you’d be out of characters pretty fast.

5. lrdslvrhnd says:

“Murder rap” is a bit over-the-top. More likely go to jail for assault, not murder. I see *nothing* in the promo that hints at murder. Kudos on the clickbait headline.
    Also, “Does Alex Die in Season 13?” (in the title bar) Uh, what? Where the hell did THAT come from?

• Rowan77 says:

I was thinking the exact same thing. There is no implication of murder, but going to jail for assault and battery? Yeah. THAT’s what’s hanging over his head for sure.

6. Jec says:

I love that Alex is getting a storyline (ABOUT FREAKING TIME) but I can’t help but feel bad for that intern. Poor guy, he didn’t even do anything. But the premiere is going to be so good though! Can’t wait. This is all Jo’s fault.

7. FeedTheCath says:

Andrew is 100% my fave, I hope he’s going to be alright!!

8. S says:

I love Alex but violence is not the answer & shouldn’t be excused. The victim here is Deluca.
    I’m sure Deluca will not die because no way they’ll make Alex a murderer. But Alex should face the consequences of what he did. And a therapie too.

Btw they should end Jo and Alex. Her secret was a part of all this mess. And even if Alex was violent toward Deluca and not her, her shows some violence here and angers issues.

9. Tia says:

No way would Meredith turn in Alex they have been through this before and everyone covered for him then why not now!!!

10. Olita says:

Headline may be off…unless Alex dies in prison

11. Luli says:

I hope they don’t screw over Merlex, cause I can’t deal with that.

I suppose Maggie is going to be on Deluca’s side, and will be asking questions… will that make Meredith have to choose between her and Alex???? Cause there was something in the synopsis about Meredith keeping secrets from Alex and Maggie that affect her relationship with them…

12. Chris says:

Bait and switch here. Way too much blood and damage to be from Alex, as far as I remember. I suspect an ambulance accident on the way to the hospital.

13. N says:

Alex has always been angry

14. EM says:

Alex has always had a violent streak. I think this story line will finally put an end to it especially when he finds out about Jo’s husband. He’s become a better person through out the years except in this regard. Glad he is getting a major story line.

15. Neecy dee says:

I really wish JO would go -away.
    Ugh!

16. vickieviolet says:

Here is my theory: Alex beats up Delucca, Decides it’s. it worth it and leaves. Jo’a husband finds Delucca with Jo and finishes the job and kidnaps Jo. No one knows where Jo is and DeLucca can’t talk so it all falls in Alex, until DeLucca regains consciousness and that is how Alex will beat the murder wrap!