Difficult People's TV-iest Takedowns: Scandal, Gaga, Fallon and More

Hulu’s Difficult People has emerged as some of #PeakTV’s harshest critics.

Although the series’ acid-tongued characters — a pair of struggling comedians played by Julie Klausner and Billy Eichner — would kill for some primetime exposure, they can frequently be heard condemning what many of the networks and streaming services have to offer.

With Season 2 of the pop culture-obsessed sitcom coming to an end on Tuesday, we thought it would be the perfect time to share some of the show’s most stinging TV-themed takedowns, from the juvenilization of The Tonight Show to implausibility of How to Get Away With Murder.

Peruse the gallery below — or click here for direct access — to see if Billy and Julie have voiced opinions about any of your current TV obsessions, then drop a comment and let us know if you think they’re being too harsh (or, adversely, not harsh enough).

1. nabocane says:

Congrats on once again glorifying baseless snark over some great TV shows and performances. The worst part? None of it was even remotely funny.

• DV says:

You’re welcome to go visit other tv show sites. You are not bound by context to tvline because you do not like what they write about. Here, I’ll even hold the door open…

2. SarahJ says:

I don’t care whether Billy and Julie are correct or not. They make me laugh. I loved the AHS comments. Difficult People is in my happy place.

3. Greg says:

Great comedy, I wish it was on netflix so more people would actually watch it.

4. Jason Paul says:

Ha ha! Julie & Billy are hilarious Julie Klausner is a comedic genius. #Emmys2017

5. Marco Piazzo says:

Why snark on Hotel when they can destroy Coven? That season was dire, like a horror comedy where there was no horror, only disgust, and no comedy, only incredibly lousy simulations of it.

6. bryce says:

I find the jokes pathetic. I can tell Hulu requires the characters to tell a joke about another streaming service or show on a streaming service at least once an episode. I really knew it was a problem late in the first season when someone made a joke about Yahoo Screen. Hulu’s so insecure that they have to go after Yahoo Screen of all things? I mean, that’s pathetic