Emmys

Emmys Poll 2016: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy?

Does Tony Hale have a repeat Emmy win in the bag?

Veep‘s resident bagman is hoping for his second consecutive win (and third overall) in the race for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, but this time the Arrested Development fave will have to compete with co-star Matt Walsh, a first time nominee.

A bigger threat for Hale is Louie Anderson. The comedian has garnered widespread acclaim — and his first nod — for the role his gender-bending role as Zach Galifianakis’ mother on Baskets. Meanwhile, Keegan-Michael Key — who is also up for Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance, Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series and Outstanding Variety Sketch Series — is hoping he’ll be acknowledged for the final season of Key & Peele. He is joined by fellow returning nominees Tituss Burgess (of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) and Andre Braugher (of Brooklyn Nine-Nine).

Last but not least is two-time champ Ty Burrell, who returns to the field with his seventh consecutive nomination.

What would you do if you had the opportunity to recognize one of these supporting actors when the Emmys are handed out on Sept. 18? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to defend your pick.

Tomorrow, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win?” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honors! (For a complete list of this year’s nominees, click here.)

1. Amy says:

I really want Andre to win. But most these nominees are pretty great. And although I don’t think he should win, I love Ty and seventh consecutive nom is very impressive.

2. George H. says:

Tituss is awesome. Love him on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

3. ABG. says:

Tony Hale or Tituss.

4. Alec says:

Andre Braugher! Andre Braugher! Andre Braugher!

5. Maria says:

So, as usual, mostly cable shows. I’ll pass.

• Anna says:

Or you could join us in the 21st century and embrace non-traditional tv formats!

• grazelled says:

Many would probably love to “embrace non-traditional tv formats” if they had the money in this fragmented multi-media platform world with so many expensive choices…

I like Andre Braugher too for the win!

• Anna says:

Netflix and Hulu are most definitely not “expensive choices”. If you’re paying $100 a month on your cable bill (that’s the average amount that Americans spend on cable), that’s wayyyyy more expensive than picking a few online formats and sticking to them. You can get both Netflix and Hulu Plus for a combined $16 a month. I watch all of the shows that I want for drastically less than the average television consumer.

• dman6015 says:

Those are old prices. Netflix is now $9.99/mo and ‘No commercials’ Hulu (no more Plus) is now $11.99, for a combined $21.98. Still a bargain, though, compared to cable/satellite.

6. JosiahBartlet4President says:

Tituss!

7. A Fan of TV says:

I can see Anderson winning this, and I wouldn’t mind it, but if he doesn’t my vote would be for Titus Burgess.

8. Me34 says:

I didn’t expect Louis Anderson to be THAT good on “Baskets”. I thought they were just going for the same old tired joke of man in a dress, so imagine my surprise when he was not only funny but a great dramatic actor. Andre Braugher always gets my vote (his Captain Holt never gets old), so… a tie, please???

9. Tom says:

WHAT!? There’s only one entrant from The Office Clone Modern Family? Surely I thought this would be the year they would give the kids who play Manny and Luke, or maybe even Joe, a nomination so they can have the whole category to themselves.

That being said, I went with Tony Hale but any of the others are worthy too, even Burrell

10. HAP says:

I think that Louie Anderson has this wrapped up. One question I do have is that while I’m a big fan of Keegan-Michael Key, I don’t get what he’s doing in a supporting category. He and Jordan were co-leads. And for that matter, how does Key get a nomination, and Peele does not?

11. All I get out of this is that more people need to watch Baskets.

12. Seun Fayiga says:

Jamie camil jane the virgin

13. dman6015 says: