Night Shift Cancelled Renewed

Ratings: Night Shift Ticks Down With Season (?) Finale, Big Brother Dips

NBC’s The Night Shift sewed up Season 3 on Wednesday with 5.4 million total viewers and a 1.0 rating (adjusted down in finals), ticking down week-to-week.

TVLine readers gave the explosive season (series?) ender an average grade of “A.”

Opening the Peacock’s night, America’s Got Talent (10.5 mil/2.0) dipped a bit, yet still won Wednesday on both counts.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

CBS | Big Brother (6.3 mil/1.9) ticked down week-to-week, while American Gothic (2.5 mil/0.5) was steady.

FOX | MasterChef (4.2 mil/1.4) rose a tenth.

THE CW | Penn & Teller (1.8 mil/0.5) ticked up; Whose Line (1.3 mil/0.4) was flat.

1. wrstlgirl says:

With a finale’ like that The Night Shift better get renewed even if it’s for a final season.

2. dan says:

I’ve enjoyed American Gothic this summer. I have no expectations that it will be renewed and it has billed itself as a “murder mystery in 13 parts” so I’m looking forward to what I assume is the series’ finale next week.

3. lbchatterbox says:

I certainly hope the Night Shift is renewed. This season has been the best,

4. Kevin K says:

Hope Night Shift gets renewed soon. The series has great emotional storytelling.

5. Jodee says:

I want NBC to know if they cancel the Night Shift I am never going to watch this station again!!!
    I have lost too many good shows while that reallity tv crap keeps going , I am in the age group which has strong buying power and if more like me drop NBC they might get the hint… I watch Zoo too but will never watch another show on NBC if night shift is cancelled

6. Cheryl Ponceti says:

Love Night Shift. Bring it back.

7. Cheryl Ponceti says:

How crazy is it that you would fire Thomas Gibson? He makes that show. He is the glue of the show. Without him the show will die.

8. Gerri says:

My Wednesday is all about Suits. But I managed to watch the reveal episode of American Gothic. It was well done. Hopefully the series wraps up neatly. I did watch Big Brother also. Fingers crossed Paul goes. Find him annoying.

9. tinahurley says:

it better get renewed i love the show

10. celestialnav says:

Don’t believe any “Ratings” or “Ratings Demographics” for this week and through the weekend as the data is actually false. The lower east coast had Tropical Depression 8 along the coast for a bit and Florida has Hurricane Hermine that’s now making landfall tonight, there are A LOT of folks not watching the TV Shows that they like as they have been busy doing things to protect life and property. I live on Florida’s West Coast and it’s been really wild and wooly around here.

11. Lina says:

The Night Shift is the best medical drama on tv. It’s the closest thing to ER that’s come out in years. It’s insane not to renew it. Unfortunately, networks seem to think three seasons are too long for shows. Let’s hope NBC does the right thing and renews it.

12. david rannings says:

the best show ever..

13. Jenn says:

I hope they renew the Night Shift. We need more of the good Dramas and less of the trashy reality shows.

14. chris laliberte says:

Night Shift is nothing more than a glorified soap opera, they obviously do not have any professional medical script reviewers….which would be fine, if it were recognized as a soap opera…I mean really, last week everyone in the camp had malaria and this week it was changed to typhoid. The script writers couldn’t even keep track which disease their characters had. Never mind ER MDs in the of fighting a fire out in the middle of nowhere…really.. CANCEL this show and put something that at least is factually accurate on….

• Kayla says:

Actually they thought it was malaria first. They had to run test to figure out it wasn’t. Much like the medical field. Certain disease process have same symptoms as others which lead you to think it may be one until you rule it out. Guess you would know that if you were in the medical field.

• akkuv says:

it did say typhoid in e12. might want to rewatch that.

15. Jody says:

I hope you bring back Night Shift-its a good show. NBC keeps
    Reality shows and keep cancelling good, fun shows. Not sure why you make the choices you do to cancel

16. Judy Haas says:

Please renew The Night Shift for another season!!! Too many unanswered questions – such as TC & Syd; the nightime region staff, etc

17. Patricia frey says: