Exclusive
Clash of the Corps

Clash of the Corps Reality Series: Perfect Duet of Marching Band and Half-Naked Pretty People?

Who you calling a band geek now?

This fall, Fuse debuts Clash of the Corps, an eight-episode docu-series from exec producer Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson that will take viewers into the insanely competitive — and judging by the exclusive image above, athletic — world of Drum Corps International.

Per Fuse, the show follows two teams — the Cadets from Pennsylvania and the Blue Devils from Northern California — as they embark on their journey to the world championships. “Never before have audiences been given an all-access pass to go behind the scenes of a drum corps,” enthuses fellow EP Rasha Drachkovitch. “We’re looking forward to showcasing the young men and women who make up these highly competitive teams, while also bringing viewers along for the ups and downs of the entire season.”

Press PLAY below to watch an exclusive teaser for Clash of the Corps, which premieres Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 11/10c on Fuse.

1. c-mo says:

Remembering the correct notes to play and precision choreography, while wearing an insanely hot uniform all at the same time is not as easy as it looks. These, my friends, are not band geeks! As a former member of an award winning marching band, I’m going to check this out!

2. DKD says:

Wait until people see what the color guards practice in.

3. Denise Burkard says:

My kids… go cadets!

4. Doug Roberts says:

Is Fuse the only outlet for this documentary? BTW, They aren’t marching bands, they’re ‘drum corps’. That’s a small point but may be important to the participants. Also, I don’t think they’d like the term ‘teams’.

• DKD says:

DCI has been pushing the “Marching Music’s Major League” line for years and has been emphasizing that these are musician/athletes. For that reason, I doubt they object to the sports allusion implied by the word “teams”. DCI themselves actually calls their Drumline Battle and Soundsport units “teams”.

What’s the difference between a “corps” and a “team” anyway?

• Brian Wilkie says:

“Teams” was really first used to refer to drum corps back when I marched in the Cadets in the very early 80s by the late great George Zingali, the preeminent pioneer in drill design, still the standard 25+ years after his passing. His protege, Marc Sylvester continued using it and it has stuck throughout the years….they are also the pair that first came up with the expression “throwing babies” while teaching us back then as well. If you’re in the activity you’ll know what that means!

• Freelancer85-91 says:

We were never called a “team” in 7 years of marching, which includes 1 year of Garfield. We were called “lines” and “corps”. Brandt Crocker never asked “Is your TEAM ready?” “Team”, to me, is as bad as that clown at the end of the video: “I just love BAND way too much” ugh!! DRUM CORPS does not = band…… Yet.

• Bill Buckner says:

Sorry but dci is made of “bands”. The term “band” is a musical group, usually employing brass, percussion, and often woodwind instruments, that plays especially for marching or open-air performances. So yes, band=dci

5. JJ says:

I jush love bend way too mutch

6. corpslife6 says:

Have been involved in the drum corps activity since 1973.Wish my cable company offered FuseTV. I really want to watch this.

7. anne says:

I have been watching clash of the corps, I would love to see this expand to follow marching bands. This is just a touch of a few talent kids. Kids all over this country compete and they should follow marching bands.

8. Lyndsey says:

My god I miss it! Being Canadian, and seeing the decline of drum corps, well, sucks. But having found this television show, hopefully awareness will be raised and enthusiasm brought back! Drum corps is kind of like a cult you never leave. You alone understand it and if you’re not part of it you ask, “What the hell?!”