Exclusive

SYTYCD Faves Reminisce About Best Routines Ahead of 250th Ep — WATCH

Warning: The following post is likely to send you down a deep (and deeply satisfying) So You Think You Can Dance YouTube wormhole.

Because once dancers and judges from the Fox reality series start talking about their favorite routines from the past 249 episodes — many of which are shown in the exclusive video above, which touts the show’s upcoming 250th — you’re going to want to watch the dances in full. On repeat. For a while.

Robert and Allison’s “Fix You?” Twitch and Alex’s “Outta Your Mind?” Janine and Jason’s “If It Kills Me?” Hok and Jaimie’s hummingbird dance? Travis and Heidi’s bench routine? They’re all mentioned by past dancers and current judges Nigel Lythgoe, Paula Abdul, Jason Derulo and Maddie Ziegler in the promo for Monday’s episode (Fox, 8/7c).

The 250th installment will feature numbers choreographed by the contestants — a SYTYCD first — as well as Ziegler dancing with series alum/choreographer Travis Wall and a performance masterminded by acclaimed tap dancer Savion Glover.

Watch the video above to dance your way down memory lane, then hit the comments: Which SYTYCD performance is your all-time favorite?

1. Shaun says:

Ah,the better times.Really missing the heat from some routines,kids can only do so much without perving us all.

2. Lore says:

Where to start?

Gravity?
    Ruby Blue?
    The Bench ?
    The Garden?
    Bleeding Love?
    I am the best? Obsessed with this one Jenna and Mark…
    Hip Hip Chin chin?
    I got you, Melanie and Marko
    Wicked Games,

And group dances
    Ramalama,
    Putting on the ritz
    Sand

3. Brent says:

Season 5, Top 8 week: Melissa & Ade’s “This Woman’s Work” contemporary dance. Only time a dance has ever made me cry.

Man, this show used to be so good.

4. Lola says:

This show is the epitome of jumping the shark. It used to be must watch summer tv. It makes me sad watching old routines. It’s best to put this to bed.

5. Peachy says:

I noticed that Michael Slezak didn’t write this article.

The abomination of this season probably sent him down a deep wormhole of a different kind.

6. brandylikestodesignthings@gmail.com says:

UGH I miss this show. I haven’t cared to watch preteens dance, but I loved loved loved this show before this summer.

7. Bay says:

Love the show, many favorite routines. Ramalama, and Fame, and Gravity, and Bleeding Love, and lots more. I was disappointed by the decision to have this season be about child contestants, and planned to ignore it, but I ended up watching it and it’s pretty good! I still hope they go back to adults for contestants. And Maddie Z. Is pleasant but her comments are so generically positive that they’re not really helpful. I wish Mary or Adam or Jesse T.F. would return as judges.

8. Kent and Neil’s How It Ends will always be the routine that speaks most to me. It’s just incredible. I’ve actually been surprised by this season. The kids are talented and the all-stars just bring some of these routines to another level. Plus the group routines always deliver.

9. My favorite has always been the door routine with Twitch and Katie. I wish she would come back as a All-star, she is still my favorite dancer that has been on the show.

10. greenergrass says:

S1 – Hip Hop was good. Loved Destini and Jamile’s Shake.
    S2 – Permanent coupling started. Loved Allison and Ivan’s Why.
    S3 – Favorite contestant of all time–Lacey. Loved Hok and Jamie’s Hummingbird.
    S4 – So many great couples and choreography. Loved Josh and Katee’s No Air.
    S5 – TPTB started pushing heavy for favorites. Favorite couple of all time–Brandon and Janette. Loved Ade and Melissa’s Woman’s Work.
    S6 – Fall, stage change along with TPTB manipulation spelled doom. Favorite routine Ellenore and Ryan’s broadway Razzle Dazzle.
    S7 – All Stars. Favorite Season. Favorite routine Billy and Ade Mad World.
    S8 – Least favorite season. Winner not versatile. Loved Sasha and Kent’s Fool of Me.
    S9 – Two winners. Loads of manipulation. Favorite routine Witney and tWitch My Homies Still.
    S10 – Tall vs Short. Two Winners. Loved Amy and FikShun’s Hotel.
    S11 – Back to one winner. Nothing stood out. Loved Tanisha and Rudy’s Good Kisser.
    S12 – Changed Format. Loved Hailee and Virgil’s Running (Robot Dance).

11. Patti McD says:

I think the men dancing to Beck’s “Wave” in Season 11 is my all-time favorite, but I also really love Jessica & Twitch doing “U Got Me Up” and Jessica & Casey dancing to Hosier’s “Like Real People Do.” And anything this season that paired Robert & JT. They are magical.