The Jim Gaffigan Show Cancelled

Jim Gaffigan Show Cancelled at TV Land

The Jim Gaffigan Show has been cancelled… by Jim Gaffigan himself?

The TV Land sitcom, which wrapped its second season on Sunday, will not return for Season 3, Gaffigan announced Monday afternoon on social media.

“After months of discussion, Jeannie [Gaffigan] and I have decided to make season 2 of The Jim Gaffigan Show the final season,” he said. “We realize this may surprise some and we don’t make this decision lightly. It is hard to say goodbye to this highly personal passion project, which we have nurtured and poured our hearts into for over five years… However the time commitment to make the quality of show we wanted was taking us away from our most important project, our five children. We are truly grateful for all the support friends on social media and television critics have given The Jim Gaffigan Show. Jeannie and I are excited to move forward with other creative pursuits.”

TV Land, meanwhile, said in a statement, “After two great seasons, we have mutually agreed to not move forward with season three of the series. We have an incredible amount of respect for everyone involved, and are grateful to them for bringing their passion and dedication to The Jim Gaffigan Show.”

1. dan says:

That’s really too bad. I’m glad it was their own decision, but still too bad. It was a very enjoyable comedy.

2. What a bummer. Glad it was at least his (their) call.

3. Anthony Passariello says:

Was this the blind item you posted awhile back?

4. c-mo says:

Boo!!!! I loved this show, it was hilarious!!! It’s nice to see someone in the spotlight making decision that’s in the best interest of their family. Kudos to the Gaffigans.

5. Kathy says:

I am sorry to hear this. I love this show .

6. lrdslvrhnd says:

I still think the first season finale would’ve worked better as a series finale. Though I haven’t watched the final eps of S2 yet.

7. iHeart says:

I find this rather shocking considering that he had shopped the show to one of the bigger networks which they declined, and then finally finding a place for it

8. Joey Padron says:

Sad news but I understand why Jim and his Jeannie decided to end the show for the best interest of their family. Gonna miss it, it was good and funny.

9. Lyn says:

Never saw it, but judging by his annoying car commercials, no biggie.

10. Cy says:

I really liked the show and they worked so hard on it! What isn’t gonna take time from their kids? Weird.

11. Pat says:

Never even heard of it!

12. Mike says:

The second season looked significantly more expensive to produce. I imagine Jim makes bank on the Chrysler Pacifica commercials compared to TV Land budget.

13. TV Gord says:

Stupid kids!

Kidding. That’s actually the best reason I’ve seen to cancel a series.

14. Ryan says:

Going to miss this show as my whole family loved it & we’re huge Jim Gaffigan fans. You should change the title of this article though since the show wasn’t canceled, but it was Jim & Jeannie’s decision. I know the article itself states that, but the title is misleading.

15. M0les says:

S’OK Jim, Come back in ~15 years. You’ll be just as good (Actually better) but you’ll have more time to spend on this.

16. Chris says:

This show wasn’t cancelled it ended by the creators choice. Stop lying in your headlines for clickbate. You and other media outlets made it so he had to come out again today and say it wasn’t cancelled.

17. Andrew Hass says:

I’m glad that it was their choice to end the series and not the network’s.Plus spending time with their kids is the most important thing and there’s always another TV show they could do in the future.

18. I really liked that show :-(

19. tulse luper says:

Good – it was unwatchable. I am sorry that this was a dream project for the Gaffigans’ because it turned out badly.

• Deb says:

You may have thought so, but for someone like Jim Gaffigan, who works so hard should not have to read a negative comment like this. Unless you can do better than Jim I’d advise you to keep your comments to yourself. Not trying to sound rude but i think what you said was not very nice.

20. Nero tTVFiddler says:

I did watch this show – more to see one of my favorites, Ashley Williams, on series television than for the show itself. Sorry to see the show end, but hopefully an opportunity for Ms. Williams to venture out towards her next acting role.

BTW – I may be in the minority here on this thread, but I actually like the Gaffigan Pacifica commercials – I really like the location of the filming, particularly the house in the background and surrounding yard. I find myself fixated on that scene each time the commercial comes on (which is often).

All the best to Ashley Williams for success with her next acting role.

21. mindmojo says:

Loved this show (binge watched it much later on DVR) but could have done without the Dave Marks character. The scripts never convinced us that Gaffigan would put up with Marks’ petty abuse for twenty years without anything in return. Not that there aren’t relationships like that out in the real world but Dave Marks sucked the fun and spirit out of the show, especially the epsiode about opening for gaffigan at Caroline’s. We decided to quit watching after that groaner. Thanks Jim for making the decision easier for us.

22. Richard says:

I LOVED This SHOW!!!!! All the GOOD Shows AlWays Get Cancelled!! THE JUNK Shows just Keep on Going, That “Nerd” Show The Bang Theory?! Who Watches That Junk?

23. Ozzie says:

I enjoyed season 1 but this season of the Gaffigan show has been pretty much unwatchable.

24. Lola Carrera says:

Best comedy show ever!
    So sad it’s not coming back.
    We’ll miss you Jim, Jennie and the kids too.
    What a great show.