Fall TV Preview

American Horror Story: New Teaser Hints How All 6 Seasons Are Connected

When FX flat-out admitted that most of American Horror Story‘s Season 6 teasers were “misdirects,” we have to admit, we kind of stopped paying attention to them — until this little beauty came along.

The latest video, posted Thursday, cleverly connects the franchise’s upcoming sixth installment with the five that came before it, triggering glorious memories of rubber suits, bloody nun eyes, witchy triple kisses, the big top’s seedy underbelly and, of course, the Hotel Cortez.

But what does it mean? Is Season 6, as many fans have theorized, going to bring the franchise full-circle and reveal how they’re connected (you know, besides the Pepper of it all)? Adding to the speculation, this new teaser is simply captioned: “Murder. Madness. Magic. Misfits. Mayhem… Mystery?”

Though recent on-set photos, obtained by TMZ, suggest the season will center around the mystery of the Roanoke colony, the theme is still anyone’s guess until Season 6 premieres Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 10/9c.

What’s your take on this new teaser, and the upcoming season in general? Drop it in a comment below.

1. Cory says:

Is anyone else scared they’re doing this full circle thing because they plan to end the show? I’m hoping I’m totally wrong, the show is so far from perfect, but even the pretty bad Hotel was still highly entertaining. I’m hoping the show lasts at LEAST another three or four seasons.

• TJ says:

This was my exact thoughts when I saw the teaser…

• Adam says:

I’m hoping that they’re planning on ending the show, personally. I watch each season but the quality declines midseason each year. My prediction is that this season focuses on the antichrist baby from season one, public announcement of witches of season three, and any remaining vampires of season five, with some ties to the second and fourth seasons somehow. I think they’re keeping things a secret since people may be playing same roles again.

• H.H. says:

They won’t end the show. Four things end shows: a conclusion, money, ratings, or the people who are necessary to making it want to move on. If a show is making money and they can keep it going they will.

It’s an anthology show with a following so it’s not the ratings. The ratings haven’t declined. There aren’t any actors demanding more money because they can always bring in a new cast. They’re doing a Halloween Horror Nights house for AHS to promote the show. They could bring in a new show runner to make another season if Ryan Murphy is tired of it. And they create a conclusion every season.

The only thing that’s going to stop this train is if they want to stop making it or we stop wanting to watch it. And as long as we want to watch they’ll keep making it. Even if they give us an origin story or something who says that’s the last story?

• witchsbrew says:

yeah i think that to. this whole collab with universal for the haunted house is what the fans want and the ahs fans are sooo loyal. we got instagram and tumblr post dedicated to the seasons, a clothing dress line at hot topic, toys through funko, and an ongoing recap with production world of wonder that actually got more people into the show last season. the whole award winning role gaga played just sealed the deal that this at the top of its game. not to mention the success of the producers ongoing projects brought people to really want to watch FX. I think for another 2 years this show is not going any where

2. Jakay says:

So… Some curse from the Roanoke colony caused all the other horror? Like Stephen King sideways?

3. Kristin says:

They had a Snapchat of the first couple teasers? Does anyone know what that Snapchat account was?

4. Julie Rounsaville says:

I think that the theme for all of these seasons are the 7 deadly sins from the Bible

5. jph_gsg says:

Whatever they do with the upcoming season, I just hope there’s actually a plot.

6. mooshki says:

Darn, the teasers made me think the season might actually be good. I should’ve known better.

7. Following this series is a challenge and I am up for a challenge! I can’t wait to see who all shows up and where it all leads! I hesitate to judge anything in this genre cause so much off the wall stuff is being done. All over the TV. So AHS keeps up to anything out there and is the only series I watch consistently. I’ve left a few behind before they had the good sense to say good bye and go out on top. This series is nowhere near that – they still have plenty to do what ever way they play it! Can’t wait!

• witchsbrew says:

noticed how they start a month early. someone mentioned they would do two a year… hmmm… maybe with the success of american crime story and lady gaga with her award that might be a possibility