Scream Spoilers

Scream Finale: 8 Killer Suspects Examined Before the Big Reveal

Scream fans, the countdown is on: We’re just 13 hours away from finding out which Lakewood resident is hiding a killer secret behind his (or her) megawatt smile.

Tuesday’s season finale (MTV, 10/9c) promises to literally unmask Piper’s accomplice, which means this is our last chance to lay our wildest theories on the table: Could it be Gustavo (aka Brooke’s new Jake), who gets his kicks by re-creating the town’s most gruesome deaths in his sketchpad? Or maybe it’s Kieran’s cousin Eli, who never met a bedroom he couldn’t break into.

Then there are the somewhat less obvious choices, like Lizzie McGuire’s mom Maggie, or Kieran, or even the MTV drama’s leading lady herself. (Hey, it worked in Scream 4. Sorry, spoiler alert!)

Browse TVLine’s gallery of the top eight suspects below, then drop a comment with your own pick(s) for Piper’s accomplice.

1. Ken says:

This show did an exceptional job of picking up the pieces of a subpar first season and giving us a great second season. I have no idea who the killer is and that is a good thing. I like surprises and it takes the fun out of watching if i already can guess who the killer is. Please MTV renew for season 3!

2. AJ says:

I’d include Emma’s dad (Tom Everett Scott) in the suspect list.

3. Jared says:

Kieran is the killer. Bet your house on it

• Andrew says:

@ Jared – Or at least ONE of the killers, if there are two.. Did you notice how he ignored almost everything in Eli’s bedroom, but made [very] sure Audrey and Emma saw the letters?

He has to be in on it. I hope he is, because I can’t stand the character.

• JON says:

He’s my choice too. At first, I just wanted it to be him because he’s so boring and that would make his character more exciting.

But it kinda makes sense with his family history.

I’m thinking maybe he was Piper’s boyfriend? Or he blames Emma for his dad’s death?

4. Anne says:

I had guessed the killer by episode 4 in season one (and their motivation)….but I have absolutely no idea who it is this season which is really exciting.
    But what an awesome season it’s been!! I was wary about how they were going to come back for a second season with the same cast….but dang, it was even better than season one.

5. Mike says:

I think the killer is Kieran’s aunt!

6. Julian says:

It’s Zoe. She just faked her dead. Or Emma’s dad

7. Mr. Smith says:

Emma’s mom and Kieran.

8. Andy says:

Emma and Audrey are out because they were in the James house while Quinn was getting forked unless the episode was intentionally edited weird, which makes little to no sense.

9. Deion says:

I think whoever it is is trying to lure Brandon James out. I also think that it will be a team. Someone had to set fire to the house that Emma and Eli were in and knew that he would bring her there. I want to say Eli and Ms. Lang. Brandon James’s nephew and Piper’s best friend exacting vengeance.

10. Steve says:

It is 100% Kieran.

11. motait says:

I think it’s Kieran, but it could really be anyone. They’ve done such a great job this season of keeping it a mystery. I enjoyed the first season, but this one is so much better on every level – acting, writing, story. I hope it returns for a 3rd season, but as long as they wrap up the story, I’ll be happy. It’s nice to see a show avoid the sophomore slump!

12. Nailed It says:

Kieran is the culprit, he wanted to try and lure brandon James out so Kieran could avenge his father’s death. Also makes sense why he’s been literally torturing audrey, and also why he is setting up Eli to take the fall.

13. Lauren says:

It was too obvious that it was elie so it can’t be him! I think stavo

14. Lorna says:

I love Kieran, so I hope it is not him, but I think it is. Just hope Eli and the psych teacher get slaughtered. And I would love a season 3.

15. James says:

TVLine, you’re one of my favorite sites and it’s kinda sad you never covered anything about this series. If it gets renewed, I hope you consider paying a little more attention to it (I get it’s not a popular series, but still would be nice to see some info every once in a while). Thank you! :)

16. ScottJ says:

Kieran was always unaccounted for when there was a murder, and there were a couple of times where he appeared at the last minute just after “ghostface” vanished. He’s almost too obvious though. Regardless of who it is the show has a lot of ground to cover in the final.

17. Kris says:

I think it’s Kieran because he always show up instantly from nowhere when Emma got a trouble. But what make me confuse is from the beginning of season 2 Kieran, Gustavo, and Eli is too obvious, so I think the killer is Kieran aunt, like the first season the killer is the one who has a few scene on the movie. lol.

I’m not sure it’s Gustavo, because I’m an illustrator with dark and horror styles like him, it’s doesn’t mean I’m a killer, even I throw up when I watch Saw, and never watch it till the end. lol.

18. Liste says:

I think there are two Killers. In my Opinion it may be;
    1) Eli + his mother
    2) Stavo + Kieran
    3) Mrs. Lang + Kieran / or Stavo

19. Liste says:

Well , it could also be
    Brooke and Stavo.
    I think there must be a women , because in some scenes it lokks like, the killer has boobs.
    But what is Brook´s motivation, if she is the killer?

Comments?

20. Paul Penna says:

My money is on Kieran. Eli is messed up, but it’s right out there in the open. He’s not trying to hide it. And he mentions that ‘Lakewood Kieran’ doesn’t act anything like the Kieran he knows.

Which means the Kieran we’ve been getting to know for two Seasons is an act.

All the other candidates are either too obvious or would stretch the suspension of disbelief. I mean, Stavo and Eli would be obvious. No way would Emma’s mom be the killer.

Really, when you think about who it really could be, there aren’t many choices.

I guess it could be Noah. That’s possible, but I don’t think it will be.

21. Joe says:

Kieran is a LESS obvious choice? Come on now. It has to be him. At this point it has to be.

22. Lea says:

Alot of you guessed the right person but by this we might not get a season 3… Fingers cross same happened with another series I loved and it got shut down because people guessed the right killer

23. juan carlos says:

They did a pretty good job hiding the killer this season for the first 11 episodes, but as the episode began it started to become evident that it was Kieran. I hope Kevin Dual, Kieran Wilcox or Kristin Lang die at the first episode of season three. But of course, is the main story is to go back and give it an origin the first victim will be Sheriff Acosta. Too much mind games and not much stabbing as I expected, but the characters of Emma and Brooke improved a lot. Willa and Carlson performances were both really good this season. The opening sequence of the first episode was a good touch, and we are grateful that they are not using the STAB films and they don’t in season three. They should develop more about the same movie they were playing at the theater on the opening of this past season.

• juan carlos says:

*if the main story is to go back…

• juan carlos says:

For season 3, it would be awesome if Kieran’s role is reduced as long as he gets to kill someone in prison or we get to see part of his trial and the press around it. I hope Stavo’s story with the friend that got shot doesn’t make him the evident next killer and that he survives enough to get killed in a first episode of season four, if the show makes it. Besides the mysterious “Owner of the Mask” or [Brandon James], is not the main killer yet and to see if Kieran or Piper had another accomplice, besides the unsuspecting Haley Meyers. I hope we get to see flashback of Piper and Kieran working together and even better with a third killer related to Seth Branson or Brooke’s mother. It would be awesome to see a killer furious over the dead of Zoe Vaugh and blaming the survivors whose death became kind of predictable, by the beginning of that tenth episode. It would be awesome if we get to see Audrey has a secret or a connection she didn’t knew about to the third killer or see her with someone new. The writers should flip a coin to see if there will be something changing between Audrey and Emma’s friendship status, but I also wish to see Emma trying to start something new with a guy that consciously knows he is buying a death sentence, and not an old friend from childhood. Obvious plot overused in third seasons. I am glad the show offered plenty of continuity and that it continues to do so. Lately, we have seen many shows that offer continuity until the end of season two and later the story becomes a little contradicting and starts to fall to pieces.