Best TV Quotes

Quotes of the Week: Girl Meets World, The Night Of, Devious Maids and More

Believe it or not, there’s just a few weeks left until the fall TV season gets underway — and in our opinion, reading Quotes of the Week is the best way to pass the time.

This time around, we’ve got Last Week Tonight‘s gloomy take on the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, a Wizard of Oz-inspired insult on Zoo, sexual experimentation on Devious Maids and double doses of The Night Of and Girl Meets World.

Check out the gallery below – or click here for direct access — then hit the comments and tell us if we missed any of your faves!

1. fernando933 says:

Yes Susan Lucci line was so perfect because it might just be true maybe after 5 husbands what she really might need is a wife.

I also loved Everlyn quote to Adrian when he asked how long was their sex “according to history it couldn’t have been more then 11 minutes”

This show really needs a season 5 this next mystery can be really good if they stick to it and see it trough right.

2. Kevin K says:

John Oliver is still one of the best for his hilarious quotes. AND NOW THIS :-)

3. Stacy says:

Last Week Tonight is always funny. My fave line of the week, as shown above, is Auggie on GMW musing that he thinks Mr. Feeny’s his grandfather.

4. c-mo says:

I know Thanksgiving is the forgotten holiday but really is it now going to appear on our calendars as Macy’s Day instead? Will we still get the day off? If we do still get the day off, do we have to pay homage to Mr. Macy instead of being thankful for our bounty? What about those poor hourly workers who have the misfortune of working for Macy’s, will they still get double time since the holiday is now named after their employer? It’s the Macy’s THANKSGIVING DAY Parade!!!!!!!!!

5. c-mo says:

Seriously John Oliver? It’s the Macy’s THANKSGIVING Day Parade!! Or was that part of your commentary, that we Americans are so over the top that we have a national holiday, including a parade that features giant helium-filled balloons, celebrating R. H. Macy?

6. lrdslvrhnd says:

There were so many good lines in this week Killjoys. I’m not sure you picked the best. Personally, I’m fond of:
    “It’s Sabine.”
    “Yeah.”
    “It’s Sabine in a bag.”
    “Yes.”
    “Why did you bring me Sabine in a bag?!”
    But there were so many others also.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It’s an opinion column. There are no absolutes. But yes, many good “Killjoys” lines this week! —Mgmt.

• lrdslvrhnd says:

True enough! I’d’ve been hard pressed to pick *a* best, myself, and you did pick a good one… I was just sort of expecting the rare triple shot lol Could have almost just provided a link to the script…

7. Mandy says:

Loved Auggie thinking Feeny was his grandfather, even though I still believe Shawn rushed into this marriage I liked the wedding and seeing Feeny there.