Criminal Minds Gibson Fired Hotch Dies

Criminal Minds Fires Thomas Gibson: Will Hotch Die? Quit? Or Be Recast?

If firing Thomas Gibson was a difficult decision for the producers of CBS’ Criminal Minds, abruptly writing out Special Agent Aaron Hotchner may prove to be an even stickier wicket.

Earlier this week, Gibson was suspended for at least one episode after reports surfaced that he kicked a writer-producer during an on-set argument. A little more than a day later, it was announced that the original cast member had been fired, effectively immediately — meaning, the show won’t have the option of him filming any semblance of a goodbye scene. And that poses big problems for storytelling, especially since Hotch has been with the BAU since the series premiere.

How could the show possibly write out the character on such short notice?

Down below (or at this link) is a slideshow of a half-dozen possibilities, including the pros and cons of each. Give them a proper read, then vote for what you think the show will choose.

1. MeJ says:

Okay, now I’m pulling for a recast just because that’d be hilarious. My vote is for Eric McCormack, who I used to always mix up with Gibson during his “Dharma & Greg” years.

• Ann says:

I was thinking the same thing! I always get them confused!

• Angela says:

…okay, I would actually be totally cool with this :D.

• Annie Sisk says:

HA! I love that. But I honestly wouldn’t put it past CBS to order a “dies off-screen so he can never, ever ever come back” strategy.

• R says:

I was thinking also to recast because it would be hilarious. You gave a great idea for recasting.

• ToyCannon says:

Wow, I cam on here to suggest the exact same thing. Recast the role with Eric McCormack.

• Jbj says:

OMG, now I get why someone was asking if Gibson was Canadian! I’ve never confused Will & Grace with Dharma & Greg, but I do sometimes confuse it with Ned & Stacey since both starred Debra Messing.

• Guys first of all you can’t bring.back Gideon he’s dead. I have watched this show since day one. I love all the characters but Spencet has Always been my favorite if Spencer kicked someone would you fire him or J.J. OR Garcia.Morgon already ruined part of her personality. You already knew about his past…so we are tired of it ..I can name about 200 stars who have no morals. He kicked football stars and actors beat the crap out of there wives. Come on writer let me see your briuse. Did you even get knocked down I hope your mommy was there.

• Angelika Porter says:

totally agree. i’m not even going to watch this show anymore. tired of loosing all the best people. it will be Spencer or Garcia next. mark my words. They are trying to get rid of the show……period

• Sharon H says:

So agree! When you get rid of top characters one after the other it changes everything! I’ve watched since the beginning. Unhappy when Gideon left, but now Hotch and Morgan? Doubt I’ll watch

• Jeanne A Wilson says:

I’m not either. These producers or whoever it is are making downright stupid hasty decisions. If it happens I won’t watch it anymore. It would be like taking Gibbs out of NCIS..

• Eva Gonzalez says:

I agree

• Harleyrose says:

I loved your comment, really was there even a bruise . This has been my favorite show is day one. Now with Morgan gone. Having Gibson leave it might not be worth watching. I think there has to be more than a kick. He even went to the guy told him he was sorry I doubt we will ever really know what came down. All of the cast have been awesome but each and everyone have given it there ALL, time that is all we have to view the outcome Gibson has brought so much to the show. The whole thing really saddens mè.

• Jeanne A Wilson says:

You are so right! Power hungry! And I’m sure IF it wasn’t blown out of proportion they are gonna be sorry

• I am always up for more Eric McCormack in my tv screen.
      Hey, I may even start watching Criminal Minds (I quit when Mandy Patinkin left) again if they bring him in!

• SherM says:

I absolutely love Eric MacCormack, and think he would add a lot of value to Criminal Minds. It’s a long-standing show but could use freshness. This is a great idea and I hope the writers/producers have thought of this!

• Ben says:

You mean that’s not him? I thought it was… lllmao

2. Bella says:

However hilarious recasting Hotch would be, it’s not going to happen. I hope they don’t kill him, but I’d understand if they did. Or maybe he could just swap jobs with Emily – she could be team leader while Hotch moves to London!

• Karen kent says:

I agree iv been watching the show since the start but I can’t see me watching it without hotch he is the show!! Sort it out your grown ups.

• Leesa says:

I agree. Work things out. They’re doing these shows for the audience to watch, that would be us. We are the ones that suffer when our favorite characters or the leading one gets taken off because of trouble that goes on behind the set!! You’re getting paid to do a job. A lot of pay!!!! Suck it up and bring Hotchback!!! Please 🙏🏼

3. CJ says:

Sorry, Hotch has always held the team together – when he’s gone, I think I will be too as a viewer.

• Marion P Loehr says:

me too, I will stip watching the show, I like the cast members and they make a great team but Morgan gone and now Hotchner, it just won’t work, they just need to work it out and return Thomas Gibson to the show.

• Barbara Stein says:

Very very sad. Why can’t they work it out…shame on you…he IS the show … Criminal Minds is my favorite show, however I don’t know if I will watch next season. And by the way … Why is Morgan gone….too many changes

• Angela says:

The actor who played Morgan chose to leave. He wanted to go do other things.

• Nanci Neville says:

Don’t let him go. Have him marry prenthis and train her to take his job overseas. I watch all episodes don’t want lose another.

• Evelyn says:

So true if they don’t bring hotchner back i will stop watching the show. He makes the show it won’t be the same. To many people are leaving.

• Spasekweene says:

Seriously??? He kicked a co-worker? Why is this the fault of CBS??? All of these comments scare me at the mentality of people. It’s not okay to assault people…it’s also not the first time for this actor.

• Are you serious? He KICKED someone in the face! And people are saying it wasn’t even the first time! That’s just unforgivable.

• Carolynlsp says:

Where did you read he kicked someone in the face?
          I read that he kicked the guy in his leg.. That’s what was written..
          I guess you had to be there, but I still stand behind There are Two stories to everything!

• DL says:

I’m still not seeing how it’s okay to kick anyone, in any part of their body.

• Samantha says:

I dont care what he did! Some of those producers need kicked! Without Hotch and Derek. THERE IS NO SHOW. Mr. producer, be a man call him back.You poor baby. Be a man!! Get him back or forget having a drama that is/was the greatest!

• Jen says:

He admitted in his statement that there was an “altercation”. I don’t know where you’ve worked, but I have never worked anywhere that allowed violence in the workplace. He hasn’t denied it, which could be legal advice, but there is a history here. He had to take anger management classes several yr ago over a s imiliar incident. But the reality is this: CBS doesn’t care what we think or feel, they care about ratings. Those will tell the tale at the end of the day.

• Chantal B says:

I agree

• MsC1inc says:

He did NOT kick anyone in the face! It was the first time he kicked someone and it was in the LEG!!!
            KEEP THOMAS GIBSON!!!
            SAVE CRIMINAL MINDS!!!

• Marian says:

Shin not face

• Ann says:

It wasn’t the first time something like this has happened. He has been violent before they were okay with the suspension but then he complained about it (when he should’ve been glad that he was still on CM) which upset them and he got fired. Does it suck? Yes. will it possibly be the end of criminal minds? Maybe. Is it okay to get violent just because you don’t agree with someone? No.

• Samantha says:

gdt it right Sabrina! He kicked and idiot priducer in the LEG.my choice would have been higher up!!!!

• I’ll continue to watch as I want to see if this whole thing becomes a super train wreck. It’s like staying in a traffic jam; I’m curious to see what caused it. Same here. At least for awhile.

• Harleyrose says:

These grown-ups need to get there act together, I agree was there a bruise, Gibson went back and told the guy he was sorry, makes me wonder was there more to this situation that we aren’t aware of?? First Morgan now T Gibson I’ve watched the show since day one just takes me away love it, Gibson held the team together the chemistry with the cast just is down right awesome, Noone knows what is nèxrt I do think I’l just fade away like MORGAN and HOTCH. This really saddens me!!!!!!

• Carolyn says:

I don’t want to see Hotch taken off the show/fired.
      Looking Morgan was bad enough!
      Give him leave of absence to spend more time with his son, But, please do not let him go.
      I will probably stop watching soon too.

• june moline says:

Once my favorite show, but I will not be watching without Gibson. You just lost at least e more viewers unless he comes back as the star of the show.l

• MJJackson says:

So will I. His stern attitude makes it all seem real. Great actor!!!! Derek’s return is the only thing that may change my mind.

• Deborah D Markovich says:

You’re crazy for letting him go………………………………….your days are numbered for sure, now.

4. Roxie says:

They should have Hotch die in a freak catfishing accident.

5. Kristi says:

I was thinking recast with Josh Hopkins.

6. popeye013 says:

Id like him to be given the chance to film a goodbye!
    He was a massive part of this show for the last 12 years and i for one believe he deserves to say his goodbye to the fans of the show and close Aaron Hotchner properly, not just gone like Mandy Patinkin selfishly did with Gideon and just not return!

As for the new boss, i think they have to write it as Rossi. he co-created the BAU so i think its only right they make him boss! Him or JJ

7. Linda Ross says:

Get him back! Have watched show since beginning. Without Shemar and Thomas you will lose viewers and show will end!

8. I think the only way they would kill Hotch off is offscreen by Mr. Scratch. Anything else just seems stupid. Now it is possible they might go that route, especially since Mr. Scratch is supposed to be still at large and there was a planned arc later in the season. Of course, without Hotch, a Mr. Scratch arc feels pointless (again, unless they have Mr. Scratch kill Hotch). The easiest thing to do, causing the minimal amount of fan angst is simply to have him transferred to another job. He doesn’t even have to quit the FBI, but instead be transferred to another section. Apparently Hotch was on temporary duty for episodes three and four (since he was suspended after the second episode), so they can just keep that going for a while and then have it resolved off screen.

9. luke says:

How is this show still a thing?

10. Rae says:

What a load of crap! I think a suspension was plenty of punishment. Why put the whole show in jeopardy over one incident. This totally sux!

11. Stacy Glanzman says:

I don’t want them to kill Hotch. Jack’s already lost one parent to murder. Let Hotch quit and focus on his son.

12. Dorthy McGrew says:

Hire him back or just end the sho . I don’t care what he did, the show will not be the same with Morgan, Prentiss & Hotch gone. I for one will stop watching.

13. Stacey Mason says:

It matters naught, no Hotch, no watch.

14. Angela says:

The end of last season, with Jack being so spooked by watching Hotch get arrested in front of him, and Hotch feeling so guilty about that, certainly would lend itself to a good story of him quitting to focus on his son. I don’t know how they’ll handle any storylines they might’ve had planned with him and Mr. Scratch, but maybe he could step down here, like he did with Foyet, and the show can write him still keeping tabs on the case from wherever his character is, like he did with Foyet. That fits with his character in regards to his devotion to work, it would allow for some much needed time with his son, and, on the off chance the show does decide to change their minds and bring him back for whatever reason, that would be a nice way to have him return. I think one of those kinds of options would be the perfect way to go.
    I honestly can’t see them killing him off. The only way I think they’d even consider that is if he’s completely severed any ties or goodwill he had with the cast and crew, like Mandy Patinkin did. If he hasn’t, then I think they’ll keep him alive. Plus, he’s got Jack, and regardless of how they feel about Thomas Gibson, I don’t see the show being willing to make Jack an orphan. Still, I’ll keep my fingers crossed that killing him off isn’t on the table anyway, just in case they are thinking of such a thing.
    I think they’ll definitely have to find a new leader, of course, but it’d probably be another team member in that case, or someone new altogether. I don’t see them recasting him and calling the new guy Hotch.

15. Spence says:

Killing Hotch would be the best and most realistic way to give Hotch some semblance of a proper goodbye. Since the actor has no option to film any goodbye scenes, a shocking death would at least allow the other characters to mourn for him and have a touching funeral scene as some form of closure on the character. Him just resigning wouldn’t have any form of closure for any of the other characters, and wouldn’t make any realistic sense.

16. Tricia Wiles says:

You can’t let him go without a goodbye the man may have a temper but he’s been there way to long and is awesome

• KeanuKitty says:

A temper? He hit another person at his job – that’s prosecutable. Just laying your hands on another person can get you fired. I get that people love the show and his character, but the man himself deserves to fired just like everyone else in this country would be.

• Angela says:

Hell, forget about the impact this might have on the show, I think people who are getting all upset about this should consider how beneficial this would be for Thomas Gibson himself.. Isn’t it better he be let go, and given the time and opportunity to try and sort his issues out, instead of stay on the show and risk any more potential drama that could hurt him even further? If fans really care about him, they should be focused on supporting him getting help for his problems instead of getting mad at the show for doing the right thing.

• Chris says:

The show and it’s creators should be the ones getting him help. This man has helped make the creators of this show very wealthy and should have been offered some form of intervention. Typical American employer, you have to be loyal to me but I don’t have to reciprocate. Have someone hold you a place in the unemployment line cause you’re going to need it pretty soon.

• Angela says:

And who’s to say they won’t? Or aren’t/haven’t? We don’t know what all they’ll do to support or help him behind the scenes.
            That said, no, people do not have to be loyal to somebody who causes problems at work and who is known to be physically confrontational towards others. They may like the person otherwise, sure, they may appreciate all the good work that person’s put into the job. But they do not have to, and cannot, keep them on as an employee if they have a history of making the workplace difficult at times. If I did something like this not once, not twice, but three times at my job I would expect to be fired. And it would be deserved. Any workplace worth its salt would do the same with a troublesome employee. That’s how things are supposed to work.
            I have no idea who you’re referring to with this. The people on the show? Me?

17. Jamie says:

It all pretty much sucks for fans. An original major character of a long running show with no onscreen exit arc is a sham. I get it, he did something bad and should probably be let go. But be professional on both sides, and give the character and his fans a respectable exit.

• Carm says:

Professionals usually show you the door right away after you hit or kick someone. They didn’t even do that. They obviously thought it over. Most people don’t get that or a chance to say goodbye after doing what he did at work.

• Jamie says:

Professionals get the job done, even under adverse circumstances, and in spite of BTS drama. And there are always two sides to every story.
        I’m not saying he shouldn’t be dismissed (I don’t really know the circumstances), but his character and his fans deserve better closure than an off screen exit.

• Percy says:

I Agree with your comment, for those that DONT watch much TV, you feel somehow shorthanded.

• Megan says:

The creators need to think about the fans for once

18. PatriciaLee says:

We haven’t seen Criminal Minds for years, actually, since Hotch’s wife was killed. I say takes a new job because they can have the character come back for guest spots, and it would leave them open for a spin off. The husband plans on watching Criminal Minds, again, because ‘Delko’ will be on, but he doesn’t care what the Hotch character does.

19. Carlotta Joseph says:

THE only plausible exit for Hotch is for family. After he leaves, I may not watch the show any more.

20. Maribel says:

I will stop
    Watching
    If
    Gibson
    Does not return!!

• Carm says:

Well he was fired for a just reason. So I guess no more Criminal Minds for you.

• flowerduh says:

Ok, Carm what is your deal? Do you not think that Thomas Gibson deserves the benefit off the doubt Shouldn’t two adults talk it out without anybody getting fired? I mean Thomas Gibson puts in 12 years on the show and it probably got heated. I don’t think Thomas Gibson went over to the writer/producer and just kicked him for no reason. I think there was a heated exchange between the two of them and Thomas kicked him.

The writer/producer is not without fault either. It takes two people to get into an arguement.

• Brooke says:

Wha? No, if one of my coworkers assaulted me, I would not want to talk it out with them. I would want them fired.

• Angela says:

Seriously, I’d be a little nervous about working with some of the people who comment in these threads if this is how they feel about somebody getting physical against someone else in the workplace.

• KeanuKitty says:

Benefit of the doubt? You mean maybe he had a good reason for kicking someone? There were multiple witnesses. What job can you hit someone and not get fired? From a legal standpoint they have no choice, it’s not his first incident.

• flowerduh says:

I’m just saying that there are two sides to every story….and sometimes a third.

• Samantha says:

hey Carm. Where u there? NO

21. Marianne says:

Boycott criminal minds and all CBS shows until he returns. With the garbage these stars pull today this was a small offense. Sounds like the writer has it in for him. They should fire the writer and bring back Hitch. This was very unfair to the fans of this show.

• Carm says:

A lot of people can pull all kinds of garbage, when they are not at work. But at work doing what he did usually gets anyone fired.

• Maxwell says:

Boycotting the show and CBS will not bring him back. He wasn’t fired just because CBS and ABC wanted to fire someone on CM. This wasn’t the first time he hit a crew member.

22. Renay Belcher says:

I regretted that Shemar left, was iffy on the addition of Adam Rodriguez and now that Thomas Gibson is out…..much as I like Rossi, JJ & Garcia……I’m out. For quite awhile there has been a revolving door of temporary characters and the show has lost that special quality that makes it work so well. I can’t see investing more time in a “sinking ship.” I’m going to check out a few of the “lifeboats,” clogging up the waters…There’s got to be one worth boarding.
    Still, I hope they let Hotchner depart the BAU alive….Otherwise they may end up with his son as a future case.

• luke says:

Oh, so you hate Matthew Gray Gubler, Reid the MOST POPULAR ONE.
      LMFAO.
      We hate you ugly Shemar fans’ that rudeness.
      Don’t talk about ugly UNPOPULAR Moore living as the same with TG’s being fired.
      Hotch and Reid are fans’ favs. But ugly Morgan is NEVER.
      STFU.

23. Kevin K says:

Hotch should quit the BAU to focus on his “personal life”. That would be great send-off for Thomas Gibson.

24. Genevieve Martin says:

I think the producers should reverse their decision and keep Thomas Gibson on the show. Too many people who are important to the show are leaving and continuity is important. He is the glue that holds the cast together and should be kept on. Resolve this like adults and preserve and excellent series.

• Carm says:

Adults usually fire people who assault others at work.

• opus says:

ENOUGH already Carm. We have gotten your opinion now over and over. Others have a right to say what they believe.

• Kk says:

I think she’s baffled why people seem to think its ok for someone to do what he did. Would you be demanding closure if he broke someone’s arm? What’s the cut off? why is it ok for him to hit someone more than once

• Kk says:

she has a right to point out the facts to people who seem to be ok with workplace violence as long as they can watch their favorite tv show.

25. Megan Thompson says:

As of right now, I am done with “Criminal Minds.” No one could play Hotch like Thomas Gibson, and if he isn’t on the show, I am no longer a fan. I don’t care if they do replace him. They might as well just drop the upcoming season as far as I am concerned, because I will not watch it. Just replace it with something new, because it won’t be worth watching. First we loose Morgan last season, and now they need to replace Hotch. It just is not worth watching this show anymore.

26. Tanya says:

The show might as well go off air, it’s not a show without Thomas

27. Sheri says:

Won’t watch anymore

28. Marcia says:

If you take out any more of the original cast your going to loose viewers!!!! Kiss and make up. Was bad enough we lost morgan .

29. Amie says:

I say make it a whole major episode, kill off Hotch and maybe even Haley’s sister, meaning orphaning Jack and have him move in with J.J. Saves Cade from being let go for no reason.

30. Carol Busam says:

Hotch leaves with on screen goodbye, to spend more time with his son, Jack

31. herman1959 says:

They may as well go all the way and kill off his character, but then there would have to be a sad story which the EPs would rather avoid. So, I guess they’ll have him quit in order to turn the page.

32. C. says:

I hope that they have Hotch leave for family reasons. Jack was deeply affected by the SWAT thing, so Hotch could leave so as not to put him through anything like that again.

If anyone in the team becomes the leader, it would be Rossi, except I think he has said he doesn’t like the politics of all of that lol. Maybe Cruz could just appear more.

If they cast someone new, I just hope it’s someone I like. I liked Thomas as Hotch, but I understand the decision that was made.

I kind of like the idea of Hotch and Emily switching jobs. Maybe Hotch could decide that the best thing for Jack would be moving to another country. Maybe Hack cannot bring himself to trust the majority of the American government any longer after what happened with SWAT.

33. Mia says:

The show might survive without Hotch – the cast is good and so is the show. But for me, he’s the dealbreaker and although I adore Reid and Garcia and like the other cast members, it just won’t be the same. I hope they won’t kill off Hotch just so there is no chance he will ever make a guest appearance. Having him quit to focus on Jack, who was already acting off in the last episode, is a good way for him to go. But I’ll always hope he will come back, and although I’ll continue to watch, it won’t be with the same intensity.

34. xyz says:

Killing him off opens up a story!

35. J.Norman says:

I would like to know the specifics of why exactly he was fired beyond “he kicked someone”

What are the details, was there provocatin or any type of mitigating circumstances?

I would like to know the specifics before I judge the merits of this drastic a step.

36. Debbie Shelton says:

Not happy with Thomas Gibson leaving the show. He’s been there since the beginning & has been awesome playing the roll.

Bring him back please :-)

37. Janefuto says:

Just give him his job back all we have on TV today is reality shows I hated them we want shows like criminal minds. You producers director’s tv people need to stop cancelling very good shows please and thank you.

38. arial2 says:

Sure, he could quit to take care of family. The next episode, the team could open discussing the shock of his leaving, talk about how they took him out to dinner to say good-bye, interspersing parts of past scenes to make it look like something recent. It’s Hollywood; they can do stuff like that easily! If he leaves alive, it would seem a kind way out, without vindictiveness.

39. Vicki says:

I will likely no longer watch criminal minds. Seems like a childish type of corporate crap to react with this extreme act to manage disgrundled baby of a co worker. A huge loss to what was a great long term show. Bye bye criminal minds. You lost a great actor. Hope your decision worth it.

40. arial2 says:

I’ll watch because I loved the addition of Joe Mantegna a few seasons back and I’ve always loved the rest of the ensemble cast. Without such a great group, I doubt the show would have lasted this long. TG is just one of many, despite his apparently thinking he’s the only important one. I’m hoping the rest of the ensemble will now get a chance to shine.

41. Soapstef says:

I can’t vote. This is making me sick. Rehire him!!

42. gwenhembrock says:

I like the mysteriously disappears option. An episode can even be devoted to trying to apply their techniques to trying to solve the mystery, only to leave the episode hanging. Then, much later, Gibson is hired back and reappears, along with an episode devoted to the solution of the mystery. :D

43. Emily says:

If they kill him off, that will make his son’s character an orphan. I hope they don’t do that, Jack has already been through so much.

44. Mina Kilcrease says:

Oh my! Well, I will not be watching this show, which was one of my favorite shows, if Thomas Gibson is not on the show. After losing Shemar and now Thomas, it will Never be the same!

I don’t believe in violence, but if this was the first issue, wouldn’t a penalty suffice?

• Angela says:

Except this wasn’t the first time he’d done this. He’s had a history of aggressive behavior. Apparently they’ve had enough of dealing with it.

• Kelly says:

One push in 12 years plus the current action makes a very dim history. I read he was reacting to aggression from the writer after an argument. I think the director has the final say on how a scene is played, not the writer.

Also he was directing and starring in the episode. I think that is too much at one time and would stress anyone out.

I think they fired him because they were afraid of a lawsuit against them.

• Emme says:

History, yes. Much of one? I don’t think I’d go that far either. Might it do him some good to take some refresher courses in anger management? I don’t doubt it. People (not Angela, though) are saying he’s got a “hair trigger temper”? Yeah, I think they don’t really understand the meaning of “hair trigger temperament”. Anyone of the people whose mugshots you see in the opening credits could give you a much better definition as well as demonstration of “hair trigger temper”.

And as much as I have loved the character of Hotch, I do think the network was correct in letting Gibson go. Then again, I’ve seen people shown the door over threats of physical altercation alone for fear of lawsuits, so the fact that he was allowed to stay after the first one really surprises me. Allowing him to stay after the second one would make me incredulous. There may have been an exec or two that was willing to let things remain status quo even after this, but the network lawyers have probably been popping Tums like they were Pez over the incident.

45. AB says:

Wow, I really cannot believe how many people appear to be justifying workplace violence. I understand you all love the character of Hotch, as do I, but the actor is the only one at fault for his predicament. However heated the exchange might have been it is not okay to physically assault someone. End of story.

• Jerri says:

I wonder how many people justifying workplace violence have actual jobs themselves. Perhaps they’re not old enough to have jobs.

46. Francis J. Haefner Sr says:

I’ll definitely stop watching criminal minds. Hotch has been a big part of this show. It takes 2 to argue. I doubt if the other guy is blameless. It takes a big person to forgive and move on.

• colinbrittain says:

I believe quite a few people will just stop watching the show you can’t keep getting rid of key figures and expect people to keep an interest in the show.

I’m not abdicating that the actor had any right to do what he did ,there is no justification for violence in the workplace I do though believe the producers have gone OTT in their punishment😔

47. Ana Hernandez says:

Yup. Won’t be watching. You don’t take a beloved character and dismiss him like this. It truly shows how much they care about their viewers – – which is none. But nyw Criminal Minds…. If you are going to keep the show then make it as if Aaron was a figment of everyone’s imagination.

• Angela says:

It truly shows how much they care about their viewers – – which is none.
      What about those of us viewers who think they did the right thing?
      Mother of God, again, people, for the bajillionth time, they did not dismiss him for no reason. Kicking. Someone. In. The. Workplace. Is. Wrong. I do not get how firing someone who has a history of trouble on set = “they don’t care about the fans”. That line of thinking makes zero sense whatsoever.

48. Mark Calki says:

It matters not. The show has seriously lost its way. It used to give me the willies and now a great episode is meh. the show has lost for every departure until it is limping along. So long CM

49. Dana says:

Well, I think this will be the end of Criminal Minds. What is CBS thinking?

50. Mary says:

I don’t think he should be fired; the show will not survive the loss of he and Drake at the same time. It would be great if, as adults, the two parties could come to an agreement.

• Lauren says:

Yeah, that would be great. It would be great if the guy could have a disagreement at work without kicking someone. I’m flabbergasted how this is being justified by so many people. And for what it’s worth, he’s already gone through anger management because of another incident. So they have tried to help him.

• Bernadine Thomas says:

I really love criminal minds and I have been there from day ONE! I’m sure my husband and I have watch the re-runs several times. We count down the days when fall comes for the new episodes! I hope everyone that really want Thomas back like myself. PLEASE DON’T WATCH THE NEW SHOW CONVICTION not until they work out some kind of agreement to give Thomas one more chance. If he mess up after that shame on him. We the viewer should be considered, our voice should matter! I guess we all start watching conviction and fall in love with that show and then they take it away. I have ALWAYS felt they should have work it out with Gideon he deserved a raise, why should the very rich bosses make ALL the decisions. Let’s see how much they really do care about the viewers, let’s see if our opinion REALLY DO MATTER! All the award shows I have watch tell us its about the viewer, well Criminal Mind big guys, PROVE IT!