Zoo Renewed Season 3 CBS

Zoo Renewed for Season 3 at CBS

CBS isn’t being cagey: It has renewed Zoo for a third season, ahead of next month’s Season 2 finale.The network announced the renewal Wednesday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.

To date, the drama’s sophomore run is averaging better numbers (4.5 million total viewers and a 0/8 demo rating) than fellow CBS summertime series American Gothic (2.9 mil/0.6) and BrainDead (3.1 mil/0.5).

In July, Zoo star James Wolk told Michael Ausiello that the show’s two-hour Season 2 finale — which airs Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 9/8c — is a cliffhanger.

“It ends in a way where things could continue,” he said. (Press PLAY on the video below for more.)

Got thoughts on Zoo‘s renewal? Hit the comments!

1. Antoinette says:

Perfect picture!!!! That is my face exactly. I am really surprised that they would have kept this and not limitless.

2. PatriciaLee says:

The husband says, “Great! Why don’t they give it a regular slot and not this summer thing. That’s not good enough for me. And where is that Spanish girl, if she’s supposed to be saving everyone?” I do stuff when it’s on, but it is pleasant background and the husband is happy watching.

• PatriciaLee
      I would love it to be a regular time slot during the regular season
      However, there are ongoing seasons where there are dedicated viewers & it may be sadly squished. I look forward to next summer & excited to see what the
      Writers come up with.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Cool, I like where this season is going.

4. Happy to hear of Zoo’s renewal – just wish it was with Chloe still part of the team.

5. dan says:

Congrats to the Zoo cast and crew, but I’m not sure I’ll be tuning in next year (I’m not even sure I’ll be sticking around for the end of this season). The show has taken a sharp turn from last year’s “crazed animal of the week” plots (which I liked) to this year’s “The Scooby Gang flies a fancy plane” storyline. Each week the CGI gets worse and worse (Jamie pushing the guy off the plane? yeah, that looked real), while the storylines get darker (its ok to murder and torture people as long as we’re saving the animals?). After last night’s episode I sat for a minute and contemplated deleting it from the DVR. I like James Wolk and the guy who plays Abe (Anonso something?) so I’ll keep watching for the time being. I just wish they’d bring back another wine-drinking French bear to terrorize an upper class woman again.

• Bwine says:

Oh my goodness, your comment made me totally remember how good Zoo used to be. That scene with the bear stalking the lady around her beautifully designed kitchen was the best! I still watch the show, because I like the characters, but it is not as good as it was last year.

• Jen says:

Gotta admit the bear scene was the best scene so far. And I agree, Jamie on the plane, seemingly unaware/uncaring about the vacuum happening around her was a bit much.
      And to me, Chloe was the best character, with Abraham and Dariela as well. I always liked Jamie, too, but it was a little much of a stretch for me when she kept getting out of every situation (except for the toe of course) and that turns her into a cold blooded killer. It just doesn’t feel right. (I would expect something very bad will happen to remind of her old self).
      That a few animal scientist-types and a journalist (some with no weapons even) can defeat (can’t remember the number) … about 10 or so hired black ops assassins is really stretching it beyond believable a bit too much (kinda reminds me of “Scorpion”… first few episodes in season 1 were really good, but the farther it went along the more ridiculous it became …. that weather balloon in the stratosphere to take out a bomb was so massively ridiculous, so I stopped watching in spite of getting a kick out the characters.).

So … i’ll probably still DVR “Zoo”, but solely for the purpose of FF’ing to look for a any good scenes. :-(

• NovakGrey says:

I got to admit that my favorite scene was from Season 1 also, the elevator full of rats. It was so much like a horror movie (The Shining), i really liked it.

But this season is just different, not necessarily bad but kind of goofy with the animals super powers. There is so few TV show during summer and this one still keeps me entertained.

6. Rosalie says:

I am thrilled Zoo got renewed for a third season….love this show!!!! 😃

• Cinthia Scuderi says:

I am super stoked that “Zoo” will return for another season!!!!! If it’s possible I would love for the remaining cast to come back again and again. I am so infatuated and love seeing the series over and over on my Netflix account. I’m so relieved CBS gave it a go again!!! 😜😀😀

7. YES! This is my new favorite show (although I liked last season a bit better, this one is more action and less about the characters) so I’m super excited to hear it got renewed!

8. Roz says:

I’m glad Zoo got renewed. However, I’m really upset that Chloe was killed off!!! What were the writers thinking? I’m a huge James Patterson fan. He recently put out a Bookshots of Zoo in which Jackson & Chloe were married and had a son. That’s not consistent with the TV series.

• Leanne says:

I agree. Killing her off was bad…why? its getting off the main plot which is what usually kills a show but I really like this show. I read the book and I like James Patterson so maybe it can get back on track.

9. abbyrose says:

woah. love the accompanying picture. who’d of thunk this show would get three seasons?! I watched the first few episodes last summer and it was hokey AF! did it get better?!

10. kirads09 says:

Zoo is crazy banana s unrealistic yet I am hooked and glad for a S3.👏🐆

11. JenJ says:

I love this show! I look forward to it each week. It is so entertaining, I never know what’s going to happen in the episode. Now this is a show that I don’t mind watching during the summer, unlike the mess they made of Dome…

12. Joey Padron says:

Happy the show got renewed for season 3!

13. Leanne says:

Good News. Like this show. Hope they get back to the original plot. ZOO is suppose to be about the animals, not the Politicians. Wish they hadn’t killed of Chloe..but its TV, maybe not?

14. Mary S says:

I have never seen this show, nor the others mentioned in the article.
    What is wrong with networks today, that they are removing shows wherein the characters like each other and work well together to create a positive outcome? I LOVE and grateful for the NCIS shows, Madame Secretary, Criminal Minds, which are all able to portray good working/living relationships without nastiness or sabotage. Even when there are disagreements within the group, they manage to settle them in a nice way, with a lot of humor along the way.
    What has happened to the USA, that shows that show murder and mayhem are more popular than shows that make you feel good at the end of them??

15. TV Gord says:

I was disappointed with the season premiere, but I stuck with the show and have been enjoying it. I’m glad to see there’ll be a season three.

16. Erica says:

Yay! I’m definitely ready for more Zoo.

17. miss_naazneen says:

i really like this show so happy about a renewal. S2 has been a mixed bag though. I’m still smarting about Chloe’s death and Jamie is practically unrecognisable some of the time. I’ve warmed up to Dariela though. Looking forward to S3

18. Sanie Serabjit says:

Zoo is weird, strange, goofy at times but I find it quite entertaining. Abraham is the best, I hope they don’t break the bond between him and Jackson. I was so hoping for a Logan redemption, he was cute!!! Happy the series got renewed.

19. I AM ADDICTED! I TOTALLY ❤️❤️❤️ LOVE ZOO!!!

I missed out, I wish I would have been aware of it last year.
    I will catch up on Season 1 AND watch Season 2 again!

I can’t wait till Season 3
    Writers keep on doing a great job!
    I look forward to “more” seasons of Zoo

20. karenlyonskalmenson says:

love zoo…as cheesy and predictable as it was at times…

21. JJ says:

I love ZOO! just a really good show and I’m halfway through the finale and can’t stand that Billy Burke might be dead…it was enough that Chloe died! Thank you CBS for renewing! Exhausted from reality tv.

22. Joe says:

I really love how zoo has been so far, and I’m really excited and I can’t wait till season 3 starts. You guys did amazing in the show and loved how you did the cliffhanger. I hope their are more seasons to come.

23. Rena says:

Who will want to watch zoo for season 3? They killed off the best characters and left us with the ridiculous and irritating army girl and the other lame charactrrs. They are either rah rah military or just lacking in any kind of depth. I will not be watching for one!

24. sarah McArdle says:

We live in england my son & are thrilled to hear there is a third season great storyline & great cast can’t wait to see what happens well done Sarah.

25. Nikki says:

I soooooo can’t wait for season 3, it needs to hurry so can watch my favorite show zoo!!!!

26. Amanda says:

Loved the Zoo I binged watch 2 seasons in 3 days lmao.

27. connie phillips says:

I love the show zoo keep it on

28. MzCece says:

I AM SO ADDICTED TO ZOO!!!!! 😝 Thank you CBS for season 3 renewal. I re-watch the two seasons every month I can’t get enough I’m so excited yay!!!!

29. Sabrina says:

BRING CHLOE BACK!! I loved her as the leader and for real with all that has been going on on the show you could make up a reason for her to still be alive!

30. baba says:

Love the characters in the show, great mix. Is this a spin off of HG Wells animal farm where the scientists tinker too much and nature goes wild.

31. Kay says:

I am so glad to hear that Zoo will be back for a third season. I was so disappointed when I thought it was cancelled.

32. Lynette says:

Short and to the point…….Love Zoo! Yes, the first season with the animal attacks was more suspenseful but I see more suspense coming and along with the others, didnt make any sense to kill off Chloe. Hope it gets picked up for several more years!!!