Pretty Little Liars Aria Drake

Pretty Little Liars Theory: Could A.D. Possibly Stand for Aria Drake?

Tuesday’s Pretty Little Liars ended with a jaw-dropping reveal for Aria and Ezra — but could an even bigger surprise be on the horizon?

I realize that theories are a dime a dozen with this show, but every once in a while, an idea comes along that’s so twisted, you just have to give it a second thought. In this case, it’s the possibility that A.D. — the acronym being used by Über A — could actually stand for Aria Drake.

The theory has been floating around for months, but after Tuesday’s illuminating hour, it’s beginning to pick up steam. Here’s what we know, mixed with a few of my own stray thoughts:

* Mary Drake gave birth to another child after Charlotte, but his (or her!) current whereabouts are undocumented; the child in question would now be the Liars’ age.
* A.D. stole Aria and Noel’s files from Jessica’s cellar of mysteries; Noel’s was discarded, but Aria’s was kept.
* Byron’s brother Scott (aka Aria’s “uncle”) also suffered from mental health issues. Could he have met — and impregnated — Mary while being treated at Radley?
* Mary used to live in Rosewood… until Jessica allegedly turned everyone against her; in that time, she befriended some of the Liars’ parents.
* The Liars have a history of discovering that they’re related to one another; Jason, in particular, has a history of getting close to girls he doesn’t realize he’s related to.
* Haven’t we all been hoping that Aria would reveal herself as “A” since, like, the pilot?

Like most PLL theories, this one is likely full of holes — but that doesn’t make it any less fun to think about.

Do you think “A.D.” stands for “Aria Drake,” or is this just another crackpot theory? Cast your vote below, then drop a comment with your own suspicions.

1. Rob says:

I hope. I need this to happen to redeem the dumpster fire we’ve been watching for 7 years.

2. Marco Piazzo says:

Yeah, right. I WISH they’d take this route, and Lucy Hale would finally be able to tackle some really juicy material and not the stock ‘Oh Ezra my wildly creepy love’ things that stop the show dead, but I really don’t think PLL would dare to go there.

3. jessa says:

Hope not bc that would mean Jason has the worst luck on earth.

4. "A" says:

no, No, and NO !

It is way to obvious not to mention being three episodes away from the mid-season finale it’s the biggest red herring possible.

I’m going with Spencer, Hanna, Alison, Jenna, Sara, Sabrina, Nicole, Samara, Sydney, Addison Derringer, or Charlotte aka CeCe was never transgender and her twin brother Charles is still alive being Mary’s second child, Charlotte’s sibling, and Jason & Alison’s cousin.

5. Becd says:

How about A.D. standing for Allison DeLaurentis? To me it is just as likely as Aria

6. Nefarious says:

No. Too easy. It would be awesome if “A.D” was someone like Emily (though the initials don’t match, I know) because no one ever suspects her. THAT would be a twist.

7. SB says:

I can see questioning paternity, but MATERNITY? Come on! That’s a stretch, even for PLL. And Ella seems like the type who would have pictures of herself pregnant and would show them to her daughter. I think that AD took Aria’s folder because Aria was at the Mary Drake dinner (and Mary didn’t like that), and Mary tipped AD off about telling the girls about the shed. Or Noel took it because he’s still obsessed with Aria. But I think AD is Andrew. He did say he was adopted, and he’s the liars age. He could be Charlotte’s brother. If Aria was Mary’s daughter, don’t you think she would have made an effort to get close to her like she is with Allison?

8. Christine says:

My first thought which I still love is that it was Sara Harvey. We know she had a strict mom who could have been Mary and it would explain her strong connection to Charlotte. But I also can’t get the idea of Andrew Drake out of my head. And he used Campbell because of the DiLaurentis’ love of the Campbell farm.

9. Ash says:

They’re not good enough at plot/writing to make this a reality. Plus it would put a crimp in the Ezria ship, which is one of their–if not THE–top relationships. And then just make it even more twisted and unhealthy than it already is. So no, she won’t be Aria Drake. They’re not ballsy enough to finally do that.

10. lauri5567 says:

That would mean Jason had made out with two of his siblings, which is eewwww.
    Also, I don’t believe the writers remember all the red herrings they’ve laid out so they’ve totally forgotten about Byron’s brother.

• Plllover says:

Yes they have. A went to film school and writers document EVERYTHING. Trust me when I tell you that it is very possible that they’ll even use all of our theories and film three different endings just to see which they think is best…and to throw us off should there be any leaks.

• lauri5567 says:

Sorry the Charlotte reveal convinced me that the writers had a handful of characters that could be A and they picked one at that time. Marlene wouldn’t have had to do a magazine interview to explain the reveal if that had been the one plan all along as it would have been clear from the writing.

• PLLENDnow says:

I’ve always felt like the fans out writer the actual writers. The theories that some of the fans come up with simply blows away what PLL actually delivers.

I think that the writers have to present watered down solutions just to be one step ahead of us. I’m so don’t care about trying to play whodunit because like the CC Drake reveal, it is all about the why than who….

Also, I don’t think they have the balls to make someone we actually care about Uber A.

• Ajay says:

He would have made out with 3 of his siblings if aria is A.D because charlotte aka cece and Melissa and aria if she’s AD

• Vicky says:

Charlotte would be his cousin since Mary Drake is his mom’s sister. Melissa would be a half sister since they share a father. If aria is ad which I don’t believe that she would also be a cousin. Not that it makes it any less gross him making out with them.

11. Jo says:

I think Mary Drake was the twin that was buried and Mrs.D is pretending to be Mary.

12. daisy says:

Yes I 100% believe it’s Aria and I think it will be a crazy perfect end. If you are a non believer, visit the “aria is a theories” on Tumblr. I wish I hadn’t because the surprise may not be as epic. Marlene has said it all goes back to season 1. And Keegan has said that when you watch season 1 and all the old episodes it is so clear in every episode who it is and everything makes sense! (Not quoting but you can find his interview on this online) I think it won’t be revealed until 7b but I can’t buy any other theory out there more than this one!

• TabloidJunkie says:

I think they were talking about the Charlotte reveal in those interviews. Unless I am missing something. Because right after she was revealed, I went back and watched all of the old episodes and a lot of things made sense.
      I really think that we haven’t met A.D. as of yet. Or we have, and it is so obvious it is pretty much standing there with a neon sign. Lol. BUT, I really don’t think it is Aria.
      I did look at Tumblr way back before and after the Charlotte reveal. I still just think it is circumstantial.

13. Jessica says:

I’m going with Alison or Andrew (remember the Liars found out he was adopted).

14. Riana says:

I think Aria could be Mary’s daughter, but she isn’t the antagonist, kind of like A was Mona and Charlotte. AD knows Aria is Charlotte’s sister and plans on revealing it to her

15. Jo says:

Can it be Lucas?

• She-She says:

I’m with you Jo, I think it’s Lucas. I’m still curious about what he had Hanna sign. She probably signed her life away to him.

16. ronan says:

Insinuating that one of the Liars is AD is downright ridiculous, even by PLL standards. This isn’t Gossip Girl.

17. Sadaf says:

All of u guys think that is the real Alison well it isn’t she a Bethany the twin Ailson is they bad she is died they made a plan.

18. B says:

I can’t get that prom night episode in the dollhouse out of my mind. I know they revealed Cece Drake as A but go back and watch it. The person in the mask was a tall thin man. That was not a woman’s body. I think Charles is very much alive and Mary Drake’s son.

19. annaryan says:

i dont have netflix and have been watching pll on my cousins any idea what website streams it? i think aria could be a.d after all she was out the night charelette was killed and she never wanted charelette to be let out of radley either!

20. Nat says:

Well Arias dad is known to cheat and sleep around. Maybe she Byron and Mary’s child, Byron’s wife found a
    Out and forgave him then she raised Aria as her own???

21. Katy says:

I still want it to be WREN!

22. Mila says:

AD is obviously Albus Dumbledore

23. Sandralam says:

I do not think that Aria is A,D what I think it is Spencer for her family has a secret maybe it’s Spencer is her daugther mary dark

24. jazzaleigh says:

If Jessica was happy to take Charles/Charlotte who’s to say she also didn’t take Allison? It makes sense she’s the girls age and has a similar story? Or Bethany again, she could’ve grown up in there, also makes sense on the Aunty Jessica side of things.

25. Kim says:

I’ve thought it was Andrew for a long time… Whoever “Charles” was, was a very large creepy man and Andrew isn’t small so my thoughts are it is him. He always showed up where he shouldn’t be and obviously stalked!

26. Ms Bean says:

I really hope it is Aria! Im so tired of all these lame reveals in TV world today. It is as if no one is interested in the shock factor anymore. Why even make mysteries if the endings are predictable or dull?

27. Allon says:

wouldnt that be just weird? if so why would se get tortured in the dollhouse, and why all those texts? I dont think she would be capable of doing all those things. Andrew is AD and Noal and Jenna are just pawns. Im geussing paige has something to do with it aswell