Sagan Lewis Dead Died St. Elsewhere

St. Elsewhere's Sagan Lewis Dead at 63

Sagan Lewis, who played Dr. Jacqueline Wade on NBC’s St. Elsewhere, died Sunday of cancer, our sister site Variety reports. She was 63.

Lewis had been sick for several years. She passed away at her home in New York.

Lewis played St. Elsewhere‘s Dr. Wade, who started as a naive surgical resident and remained on the series for seven seasons. Her other TV credits include M*A*S*HMoonlighting and Homicide: Life on the Street.

She is survived by her husband, St. Elsewhere producer Tom Fontana, whom she divorced in 1993 but remarried in July 2015; son Jade Scott Lewis, and siblings Robin Schultz, Laurie Rittenbach, Joseph Mickey, John Mickey and James Paul Lewis.

1. Andrea says:

I watched St. Elsewhere when I was a kid, but I don’t remember this actress or her character. In any case, however, condolences to her loved ones. While not a young age, 63 isn’t an old age either.

2. Jack says:

I remember Sagan Lewis on St. Elsewhere. I really liked her character. So sad to hear of her passing.

3. dan says:

St. Elsewhere was my favorite show in the 80s. I remember Sagan Lewis and her character. Sorry to hear about her death at a relatively young age. RIP Dr. Wade.

4. Rozie says:

St Elsewhere ran for six seasons.

5. Im so sorry to hear of her passing . but be of good Faith in believe in our maker .he knows what he doing.even when it hurts so bad .but she not dead she going to be with the lord.How Beautiful that is. My condolences to the family’s..

R.I.P. mrs st.elsewhere
    My co

6. Sandy says:

Sad.. So young . A great actress.
    I watched St. ELSEWHERE every week.. I’m still looking for reruns.
    It was an original.
    Rip.

7. Ron J. Sonnier says:

Sagan Lewis did good work as an actress. Prayers for her family – she is in good hands RIP.

8. Ken Wright says:

I met Sagan years ago through her husband Tom. She was bubbly, beautiful, fun loving, caring, compassinate, and in love with her husband. Although tragic, Sagan created an artistic life few will ever enjoy. You were a delight Sagan, and I know Tom is strong, and will be fine.

9. Steve says:

I loved her character on St. Elsewhere. RIP

10. Robert says:

Such a natural beauty. Always looked forward to seeing her seeing her on St. Elsewhere.

11. AHW says:

I’m so sorry to hear Sagan Lewis has died at all too young an age. I loved her work on St. Elsewhere, as well as her turns on Homicide and other series. She was always a class act. RIP, Sagan; condolences to her family and friends.