Pretty Little Liars Spoilers

Pretty Little Liars: Paige and Emily's Reunion Leads to 'Tension' in the Group

New details are emerging about Paige’s long-awaited return to Rosewood — and “Emison” fans might want to sit down before reading any further.

Per the official description for Pretty Little Liars‘ Aug. 23 episode (Freeform, 8/7c), “Emily unexpectedly turns to Paige for comfort in her time of need, which causes tension in her other relationships.”

Though it’s anyone’s guess which relationships will become more tense — none of the Liars are on great terms with Paige — it’s safe to assume that Alison, who’s been growing closer to Emily all season, will be directly affected.

Speaking of old flames reuniting, the episode — curiously titled “The Wrath of Kahn” — also sees Aria teaming up with Jason to investigate Mary Drake’s mysterious past. (Seriously, though, remember when Jason and Aria were a thing?)

Your thoughts on these curious re-pairings? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Cate says:

LOVE Paige! *ducks and waits for Emison fans to react!*

2. Andrew says:

“none of the Liars are on great terms with Paige” – That was only during 3B and maybe the early part of 5A? They all seemed to get along just fine towards the end of 5A and the beginning of 5B. The main four liars have had more falling outs with Ezra than Paige tbh.

Now Alison is a different matter. I can’t imagine Paige is on great terms with Mona either since she defected from Mona’s squad pretty early in season 5 and gave the liars info. Also I doubt Sabrina will be happy that Emily is hanging around her Ex.

3. Ana says:

My theory is that Paige is the one who is going to make Emily realize that she has always been in love with Alison and that she should finally go for it. At least that’s what my Emison shipping heart is saying….

4. Cornelius says:

Does anyone else even know Aria and Jason were a thing? I don’t remember her telling anyone.

• Shelly says:

I don’t think they had a “thing”. He liked her and maybe she kinda liked him too. He kissed her and she pulled away because the was “secretly” dating Ezra back then and they were still hiding it because he was still her teacher. It ended when they suspected Jason was stalking Aria because they found all kinds of creepy pics of Aria in Jason’s shed.

5. Holly says:

I thought they were fine with Paige. She was part of the group helping them with stuff. Well..I love Emily with Paige. I’m sorry but Allison loves Emily but isn’t in love with her. This is just the writer catering to the fans. I just don’t see it!

6. Vanessa says:

Ugh. I get that it’s likely the last season so bringing some people back makes sense but I really wish Paige was never one of them. Of all the long-term love interests she really never had a point and didn’t provide anything to the group.