Scandal Recasts Jake's Wife

Scandal Recast: Glee Alum Takes Over Role of Jake's Wife in Season 6

A “legal” curveball has forced Scandal to recast Scott Foley’s new TV bride.

Sources confirm that Justified vet Joelle Carter — who debuted at the tail end of Season 5 as Jake’s wife — will not be returning due to her subsequent series-regular commitment to NBC’s legal drama Chicago Justice. As a result, Glee alum Jessalyn Gilsig will assume the role when the ABC drama returns at midseason.

ScandalAn ABC rep declined to confirm the recasting.

Carter previewed her Chicago Justice role as tough-as-nails investigator Lori Nagle in a spring episode of sister series Chicago P.D. The spinoff is slated to debut in early 2017.

ABC confirmed last May TVLine’s earlier scoop that Scandal was being held until 2017 in light of leading lady Kerry Washington’s real-life pregnancy.

1. Whatevah8 says:

They look alike.

2. jerzygirl45 says:

I really like both actresses. I just hope they do something more with the character

3. Brian says:

Loved her on Glee, but not at all excited to see her as Jake’s wife. This whole Jake and his wife storyline was one of the worst parts of 5B. Just didn’t get it because Jake himself is so unneeded.

Not sure why with this show we never get news and tells us this show is going to get good again.

4. Jasie says:

Stoked to see Jessalyn back on TV. I haven’t really watched Scandal but will check it out. Wonder how many eps she will be in…

5. Chris says:

For a moment I thought Jake is recast. Now that would be nice.

6. H says:

Hope they make Vanessa more energic and devious.

7. natalia h says:

Glee? She was on Vikings for a lot more episodes and it’s a far better show. Just sayin’

8. Alicia says:

That whole season was a mess. Let’s just recast everyone and start over. lol

9. Ian says:

Exactly. Why are they even continuing with any of the crap storylines from last season? That’s the real issue.

10. Mark says:

If they were going to go with a Chicago Justice show they built the story with Rachael Nichols in Fire without her its just meah sorry but fact

11. Arlene says:

As long as we get to see her again in something. She should have won Emmy after Emmy for Justified, imo.

12. schiss says:

Too bad…I really like Joelle. Loved her in Justified. I’ve never been a fan of Jessalyn so her character should be easy to dislike in her new role. I will be looking forward to giving Chicago Justice a try.

13. arial2 says:

Hey, it’s Scandal; wouldn’t it be more cost-effective just to kill her off? Given the “family” she’s just married into, no one would be shocked.

14. LaTigreBlue says:

Geez, I love Jessalyn Gilsig so much – she is a class act and criminally underutilized on Glee. But I’m never watching Scandal again. Hope she does well.

15. Kelly says:

I’m confused. Wasn’t his wife killed?

16. Cena Gomez says:

I really hope this will mean the end of Olivia and Jake. They suck the life out of Scandal. I do not want Olivia to be a mistress again to any man on the show. Hopefully now Jake is married, the show will get back to rebuilding Olivia and making her likable again. About the only thing the writers got right the second half of Season 5 was the transformation of Fitz. I really liked how he was written. A growth in his character. What a shocker coming from Scandal writers who tend to write wishy washy all over the place plot driven instead of character driven crap. Go back to the case of the week, Reunite Olitz, and kill Papa Pope.