Was BrainDead Sex Good for You? Did Night Of Miss a Bloody Mess? Frightful Olympics Water Hazard? And More Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Night Of, Preacher, Zoo and Mr. Robot!Girl Meets World

1 | Boy/Girl Meets World fans, given the parallels between Cory and Riley’s experiences at Mount Sun Lodge, was there ever any doubt this wannabe sherpa was Lauren’s son?

2 | Was it any surprise — any surprise at all — that the fiancé on Killjoys turned out to be a bad guy? Also, how good were Luke Macfarlane/D’Av and Rob Stewart/Khylen at swapping characters?

3 | How delightfully wacky were BrainDead‘s opening minutes this week? And does Laurel have the right idea, combining chocolate, salami and sex with Aaron Tveit? (Surely that was her “weirdest scene ever,” yes?)

4 | Why was The Last Ship’s Chandler trying to hail the pleasure cruiser in English?

5 | How come nobody on The Night Of‘s prosecution or defense teams is asking why Naz had so little blood on his clothing — despite the fact that the crime scene was positively drenched in crimson?Preacher

6 | Preacher fans, which Annville resident are you most hoping survived the town’s annihilation? And since that wasn’t God that we met in the Season 1 finale, who would you ultimately cast in the role?

7 | Does anyone actually believe that Power‘s Tommy, when he said goodbye to his surrogate brother/former business partner at the end of Sunday’s episode, was finished with Ghost for good?

8 | As moving as Ray Donovan‘s breast cancer subplot was this week (and as brave as Embeth Davidtz’s performance was), did it all feel a little forced in light of Abby’s own breast cancer battle?

9 | Could Teen Choice hostess Victoria Justice have tried any harder to mimic Olivia Munn?

10 | Did UnREAL‘s Quinn and John jump from “Do you want to have kids someday?” to “Let’s get your uterus ready!” at a ridiculously fast speed?

Major Crimes11 | Jere Burns’ Major Crimes death scene was a bit gruesome for the TNT drama, no?

12 | We wrote about this in May, but ask it again, having just rewatched the Supergirl pilot on The CW: Now filming in Vancouver, this series’ outdoor scenes simply won’t be as sun-baked and bright, right?

13 | What are the chances that Mistresses‘ recently married Dom actually tied the knot with MIA Savi? And are we for or against Karen having one last fling with baby daddy Alec?

14 | The Cake Wars projects sure are pretty, but doesn’t it sometimes seem like they’re 75 percent fondant? At some point, isn’t it basically a Play-Doh project?

15 | Did Zoo‘s panther attack mark the series’ most cartoony CGI to date? Also, can the four people out there who were surprised to learn Logan is a mole please raise their hands?

16 | Was MTV’s The Hills special lacking in dishy revelations? How could the producers not have interviewed a single cast member aside from Lauren Conrad? (Might as well have called it a LC special!)

17 | Has Casual made better use of the underrated Kyle Bornheimer than any of his one-and-done sitcoms (such as Worst Week, Perfect Couples Romantically Challenged, Family Tools and — whew! — Angel From Hell)?

18 | Is that Mr. Robot Season 2 twist theory becoming almost too obvious, after Elliot’s brutal wake-up call? Is there a twist within that twist? Or is there a wholly separate second twist going on?

19 | Do you agree with ABC boss Channing Dungey, that The Bachelor/ette’s “farm system” works? Or should the show take a cue from UnREAL, return to its roots and cast a fresh face/actual “catch”?Body of Proof

20 | Body of Proof fans, do you feel vindicated by ABC’s assertion that it erred in cancelling the still-viable Dana Delany procedural? Or does this new information just add insult to injury (i.e. had it not been for shortsighted- ness, the show would still be on the air)?

21 | As excited as we are about the Summer Olympics, is anyone else really scared for the aquatics athletes who have been told to keep their “mouths shut” in the polluted water?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Kevin K says:

#20 – Body of Proof will still be missed but to ABC I feel your pain :-(

2. Daisy says:

#21. I’m pretty much scared for everyone going to the Olympics though everyone dealing with water sports do seem particularly at risk.

3. tallsy says:

5. I really like the mood of The Night Of, but that kind of stuff does bother me (even more than the eczema storyline which doesn’t faze me.)
    10. All the Unreal plotlines have been half-baked.
    18. Separate twist on Mr. Robot – Bodyguard guy is only in Joanna’s mind.
    19. Can I answer “Yes” to both questions on The Bachelor. “Bachelor Nation” clearly works. It revived the franchise 6 years ago, but I would like a fresh face because Luke, Chase, and Robby aren’t interesting.

4. Bwhit says:

3) I have never seen a scene like that and it was everything I never knew I always wanted lol. I want to know how many times it took to shoot that scene and how Aaron Tveit and Mary Elizabeth Winstead kept it together. Gareth is a keeper, he still went on a date with Laurel after that!!!

21) I’m actually terrified for the open water swimmers. They showed an overhead shot of the Olympic venues and they already almost look like the run down structures you revisit a year after the games. I find it funny that the USA basketball teams have a cruise ship docked just for them, they claim it was always the plan but still.

5. Gerri. says:

3. Great scene. Best sex scene I have seen on TV. Love they tried to activate all the right side brain functions at once. And More Aaron Tveit shirtless please. Wow.
    6. Sheriff
    10. Ya that was Really Fast.
    12. More yellow filters???
    15. What I don’t get, what changed that all of a sudden they think they can handle a couple day trek, with no protections other than one gun for all those panthers and the cidcas
    19. Kinda agree. I want LUKE. But maybe they are talking this way because he turned them down.

6. Been meaning to check out Preacher and Night Of. Can anyone tell me if these are good?

7. Meg says:

3. I have not laughed that hard watching a sex scene in a very very long time. It was brilliant, and I too would like to know how the two of them got through that scene without losing it. And wow…Aaron Tveit is a VERY good looking guy and a wonderful actor. His facial expressions throughout the entire episode were EVERYTHING!!

8. Erin says:

#3. I am loving Brain Dead and Monday’s episode was one of the more entertaining episodes so far.

#16. I was hoping for more dirt and more cast members to be featured! Like a Where Are They Now. I love Lauren still, so it was nice to hear her perspective.

#19. I wish they would start over with new people. Sometimes there isn’t a person from the previous season that should be The Bachelor or Bachelorette.

9. Quinn says:

2- The body swap between MacFarlane and Stewart was funny and surprisingly spot on. They got each other’s nuances down to a “T”.
    11-Yes, I expect some gore on that show but that one with Burns was kind of gross.
    12-Agreed. I’ll miss the sunny LA exterior shots when Super Girl moves to British Columbia. You can always tell when a series is filmed in Vancouver because it looks less warm and more gray. You can’t disguise that. I wish they wouldn’t relocate like that but I guess they have to save a buck.

10. Steve F. says:

6 – I’m really hoping that Emily and the kids somehow left town after her talk that everything would be all right… I was also going to say Donnie and Betsy, but after seeing her legs sticking out of a crater, looks like that one ain’t happening.

As for God, let’s keep it in the AMC family… Bryan Cranston!

11. Karen says:

15. Come on, there couldn’t possibly have been 4 people to be surprised at that reveal!

• dan says:

I knew there had to be more to his character, otherwise why keep him around? And yes, the panthers CGI was pretty bad (but not as bad as the building imploding a few episodes ago).

12. Tom says:

~
    I mean I thought it was fairly obvious
    ~
    ~
    Emily, and I have to wonder if we haven’t met God already
    ~
    ~
    I mean yeah anyone with a conscience should be

13. KayCeeCee says:

13. Mistresses:
    – How cool would it be if Dom is secretly married to Savi?
    – I definitely expect Karen and Alec to hook up before the season ends.

14. fiberlicious says:

6: I actually wish Quincannon survived – he’s the quintessence of eeeevil and a blast to watch.

15. JEF says:

I love Brain Dead! It’s plain fun.

16. arial2 says:

11 – It’s in keeping with TNT’s stated plans (last year) to “go darker.” Plus, the show is now on at 10 instead of 9 PM, so I’m not that surprised. Can’t wait to see what they have planned for The Librarians! lol

17. arial2 says:

21 – I feel sorry for the athletes. Some things haven’t changed when there’s lots of money to be made. Hopefully, the International Olympic Committee will change some of their requirements for choosing sites in the future.

18. Marci says:

I had already stopped watching the show when it was cancelled, having had enough of Delaney’s obnoxious character, and watching her walk up to corpses in six-inch heels and designer clothes, which no actual medical examiner did EVER. As an ex-viewer, I have no regrets over its demise.

• PatriciaLee says:

20. The husband griped through the last season of Body of Proof that she was too nasty to the lab and police, that [she/the writing] was just mean to everyone. I was just too bummed out at Peter’s death to really care. After Nic Bishop’s departure, I just washed dishes and puttered around while watching it with him. The husband, being a dedicated fan of shows, hung on to the end, griping and hoping they would get it together. We’re with you on this.

19. isaaedi100 says:

Love BrainDead! It is so unique and quirky! This sex scene pretty much sums up what it’s all about…

20. PatriciaLee says:

15. The husband raises his hand, “Oh, yah, I was surprised to find he was working for someone else. I didn’t know what to think. Get him out of there.”

21. David says:

Really enjoyed Major Crimes with Jere Burns. Not to me so grusome, and enjoyed his acting. He ispretty awesome in that type of role (e.g. Burn Notice). More grusome than his death scene was the torture of his boss. Still loved the episode. Jere is a good actor as I have also enjoyed him as well in comedies.

• Lexi says:

I agree Jere Burns is a wonderful actor.. he was great in this episode. Hope we see more of him on other shows..

22. tvdiva says:

#20 vindicated and still mad about it.

23. Naomi B says:

Number 11, Jere Burns’ death too gruesome??? HEALL NO!! Friggin’ loved it! I compare EVERY creepy @$$ creepy Major Crimes episode to S2E11 Poster Boy. That officially changed this week. Moral Hazard is my new standard. I have to admit that I went into this episode with Angie Tribeca’s Jere Burns at the helm as the killer, but the man knocked it out of the ballpark. This week’s show is yet another example of why MC’s writing team just rocks it EVEN AFTER 12 years and MC is the #BestShowEver

24. kteemac says:

English is the official maritime language (according to the International Maritime Organization).http://www.maritimeprofessional.com/blogs/post/what-language-should-be-used-in-maritime-training-13851

25. Veronica says:

Renew BrainDead! It’s hilarious and smart!