Comic-Con

Legends of Tomorrow Team Talks Unrepentant Sara, 'Widower' Mick, Braggy JSA, Arrow Visit and More

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is still famously “bonkers,” but whereas its freshman run saw a hodgepodge group evolve into heroes, Season 2 will steer them toward being, as the title says, legends.

Visiting Michael Ausiello at TVLine’s Comic-Con studio presented by ZTE, executive producer Marc Guggenheim said the CW series’ upcoming run (premiering Thursday, Oct. 13)  is about “rebuilding from the ground up,” throwing Rip, Sara, Mick et al into a new mission as makeshift time cops. After vanquishing the crooked Time Masters, “They were left holding the bag,” EP Phil Klemmer notes. Yet this ragtag group “is not equipped to enforce anything!”

As Season 2 opens, Sara is “done feeling bad about being bad” (and is still “mad” about sister Laurel’s demise), says Caity Lotz. Mick meanwhile is a “volatile, angry, pissed” widower of sorts, in the wake of partner in crime Leonard Snart’s heroic death.

The cast and EPs also preview the introduction of Nick Zano’s Dr. Nate Heywood (by way of a visit to the Arrow set) and Maisie Richardson-Sellers’ Vixen (from the estimable Justice Society of America, circa the 1940s).

All told, Season 2 is new and improved, serving up what Arthur Darvill hails as a “real page-turner.”

1. Dj says:

I really enjoyed Season 1. i thought this was the second best superhero show on the CW. I am little worried about season 2 just because Snart and Sarah were the two stand out characters from the first season and I will miss Cold not being on the waverider full time. But I cant wait to see the team face off against him and how it affects them.

2. clintbrew says:

cannot wait for all the cw-dc shows to come back looking foward to see how supergirl will fit into the arrowverse somehow and how they gonna do the 4 night crossover which sounds insane and im looking foward to flashpoint and Legion of doom in legends

3. Shaun says:

I thought their team battles were horrible and was shocked they didn’t take more serious injuries from being so reckless.

• Don says:

The fight scenes are getting monotonous. You can almost see the bungee. They could take a clue from Daredevil. Not as violent, of course, but pickup the skills and flow. That’s the only down to the show. Otherwise, enjoyable.

4. Butch says:

Waiting for the Legion of Superheroes to appear. Maybe season 3.

• Joe says:

Well, I think they’re more likely to be on Supergirl if anything considering how closely they’re linked to the Superman mythology but it would be super cool to see them on Legends. Remember how the Legion Ring was in the Fortress. They could travel between worlds theoretically though. I want to see them at any rate. I would love to see more than the standard three or four leads. Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, and Brainiac-5 are awesome and I’d love to see more of them but I want more members as well. Bouncing Boy I could do without but I would love Phantom Girl or something.

5. Jaz says:

Not a Laurel fan myself but the way Marc behaved Caity’s response was disrespectful to her fans.
    He didn’t even try to explain that he doesn’t actually hate Laurel and furthered antagonism by gloating about the hate he’d receive.

Even if he hates Laurel, he should know that Laurel is a big deal to Sara and was the whole reason for her taking on the mission in the first place. If you can’t respect her, at least respect what she meant to Sara, her sister.

It was really unprofessional.

• TvPeong says:

I thought I read that Laurel was back as a star of the Berlanti-verse

• Miranda says:

As a Laurel fan, I didn’t read into any of that harsh negativity coming from Marc. It felt more like poking fun at the fact vocal fans seemed to hate Laurel until she was killed and since there has been vocal fans wanting her back.

• Sasha says:

No it was Marc being a jerk like always and trying to be sassy. I’d rather he just not mention Laurel at all. He has disrespected her enough

6. Joey Padron says:

Good interview with the cast and producers. Excited to see new season. Season 1 was so good!