Exclusive
Greer Grammer The Middle

The Middle: Greer Grammer Joins Season 8 as the Love of Axl's Life

Oh, Heck this is some good casting: Awkward‘s Greer Grammer is joining The Middle‘s upcoming eighth season as the love of Axl’s life.

“You’ll meet her in the season premiere (airing Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 8/7c),” EP Deann Heline revealed to TVLine exclusively at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Thursday. “She’ll have an arc at the beginning of the season.”

The ABC comedy teased the character’s arrival at the end of the Season 7 finale.

Greer’s credits also include stints on iCarly, Melissa & Joey and Rush Hour.

1. N says:

Good for Axl

2. Sara says:

Ugh I wanted Cassidy back.

• klutzy_girl (@klutzy_girl) says:

Me. I miss her so much but if this girl really is the love of Axl’s life, I’m willing to give this a chance.

3. Scott says:

I thought it would be weird Ashley acting normal

4. Katie says:

I really loved Devin and I will miss her, but I’m also a big fan of Greer Grammer, so im looking forward to her role.

5. Tom says:

Cool. Now will they ever acknoweledge their mistake saying Sue was born on February 29th but yet somehow turned 16 in 2013? They didn’t even touch her birthday this year, because it looks like they realized they messed up and are too proud to admit it

6. Paula says:

I think Greer is a fine actress but I am so very disappointed by her casting. Yes, I really thought (hoped) that Weird Ashley would ultimately be Axl’s true love! They had shared some poignant moments and I really loved that character. I also loved both Cassidy and Devin Levin! What was the point of letting viewers know that Ashley lived in the dorm room across the hallway from Devin at East Indiana State? We haven’t even gotten a glimpse of Ashley since that too brief scene last season. Of course, I am still upset over Darrin’s disappearance, too. At least I can hold out hope for a Sue and Brad spinoff! Eden Sher is the modern day equivalent of Lucille Ball.

7. #Axley – It would be ironic for Axl to fall for Weird Ashley since they were there for each other at every high school dance — including the difficult times (e.g., Axl breaks up with Cassidy, Axl comforts Ashley when she leaves the bathroom after being ditched, etc.). I just thought that it would be great to see Axl falling for a new “Swan Princess” after her change from an Ugly Duckling from two or three years of growing up in college.

8. Al says:

April is Awesome! She is my favorite month!!