Fall TV Preview
Sarah Haines The View

Sara Haines Joins The View as Permanent Co-Host in Season 20

Sara Haines is solidifying her position in the lion’s den on The View.

Following numerous appearances as a guest host on the ABC daytime talker, Haines — currently the lifestyle editor at Good Morning America — will be a permanent co-host when The View returns for Season 20, the network announced Wednesday.

Additionally, ABC confirmed that CNN’s Sunny Hostin and Fox News’ Jedediah Bila “will appear frequently throughout the season.”

Also returning for Season 20 are Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Candace Cameron Bure, Paula Faris and Raven-Symoné. Enjoy your first look at the new panel below:

the-view-20

As previously reported, Michelle Collins will not be a part of the show moving forward.

Your thoughts on The View‘s Season 20 panel? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Ellajasper says:

I still won’t be coming back. They need a strong conservative to stand up to Whoopie and Joy. Why won’t they rename the show, “The Liberal View”? (not that I am a Trump fan)

• MLD says:

They have conservatives on the panel but Jedediah is shrill and Candace is clueless.

• Lou Lou Beans says:

Collins made 3 comedians on the show, which was too much IMO. I wish theyd dump Raven and Bure – and I’m worried that with Paula and Sara they have these two uptight LOOKING ladies that LOOK like they belong on fox news or CNN – they both wear these sterile looking clothes, but maybe this will be good. We’ll see. I wish they’d have asked Nichole back.

• misery chick says:

I read on “hollywoodtake.com” that Paula and Raven are basically gone. They’re both down to one day a week, and rather than fire them outright, ABC doesn’t want to face any possible backlash so they’ll still be “part of the cast” until they’re phased out and then ‘gone girl’ next season.

Not sure about Candace.

• Thank you… I Hope Paula, Raven, and Candace are gone… Candace is too emotional and makes me uncomfortable.

• misery chick says:

Oh, I agree…she tries to walk the fine line between “Remember me? I was on ‘Full House’ & look how cute and sweet I STILL am!” and “Yes, I used to be a cute and sweet child star but now I’m all grown up with a husband, four kids and my own very important beliefs that you MUST listen to and take very seriously!!” LOL

I’m being kind of harsh, but being a conservative on that show right now is
            B-R-U-T-A-L. I’m LIBERAL, and usually agree with everything Whoopi or Joy say, BUT I almost have to look away when Whoopi SHUTS DOWN any opinion that isn’t her cup of tea.

I used to hate Jedediah Bila, and I disagree with everything that comes out of her mouth BUT I admire how gracious she is when everyone (esp Whoopi) interrupts her or shuts her down in mid sentence. You can tell she’s frustrated and upset, but she does stop talking @ some point and tries to smile.

Nichole Wallace seemed to be the only one that even WG would let speak and finish her points, and think before they respond. I so wish they would bring Michelle back, but in this hyper charged and hyper emotional
            times I think she would be sadly shut down as well.

• lynn babe says:

I Second the request for Raven and Candace to be gone, Raven is to wild. and Candace should just stick to family show.

• Ellajasper says:

I’m with you, Nicolle was the only one that knew her politics. Joy and Whoopie like to think they do, if you want a plug for HRC. Bure is sweet, but cannot stand up to those two. IMO. Paula may be conservative, but she doesn’t defend it. Raven, not even going there. This show really needs to retire. I quit watching when Nicolle left. I remember the old View and loved it. You could watch, get some real news and entertainment. Just my opinions.

2. Mary says:

Stopped watching when the original panel broke up. I would catch it here or there but the last couple years I don’t think I have seen it once. Maybe a segment on You-tube that people were talking about. That is one show that needs to go away.

• TV Gord says:

Why? You’re not watching it. Why does it matter to you? Some of us like it. I don’t get these tired, “needs to go away” comments. If you’re not watching, why do you care what it does?

3. Kevin K says:

Sara Haines is a great replacement for Michelle Collins and not only that but the rest of the women from last season that include Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Raven Symone, Paula Faris and Candace Cameron Bure who will be back once she’s done wrapping up Season 2 of Fuller House have all come back for the 20th season of The View. The execs at ABC should do something on how many more years the female chat-fest have left.

4. AMANDA CORREA says:

I would just like to see a permanent panel, maybe for 2 seasons or more. Love Joy, Whoppi, Paula and Michelle Collins. I’ve been watching this show for a long time and will continue to do so. Hillary Clinton 2016.

5. Lori says:

I liked Candace and Paula but ever since Sarah, Jedediah and Sunny has been on the show has gotten smarter. No need for Candace or Raven anymore.
    How come they didn’t mention Michelle leaving and never let her say goodbye?

• misery chick says:

I heard they offered Michelle a chance to come back to say goodbye, show past clips, etc but she refused. Although I would have loved to see her one more time, I can totally understand why she wouldn’t want to come back for one single more ep. She waited for awhile before saying anything, then she released a really sweet & gracious statement on Twitter. Classy.

• :-) says:

You are so very right.

• Big Cheddar says:

I agree with you, Amanda. Also, I actually like Jedediah, but I still miss Nicole Wallace and wish they would bring her back to add a little more political balance to the panel, and so the rest of the panel wouldn’t run roughshod over the one conservative who might deign to disagree with Whoopi or Joy. I’m a Liberal who appreciates intelligent discourse, and like to actually HEAR the other sides’ point of view.

• Neena says:

I think Raven should have been replaced!!! Why don’t they have a Latina or an Asian woman.. Racism is why… The show should be renamed The Whoopi View… Ugh!!! There are so many educated Latina and Asian women..

• Crys says:

How is The View Racist? They have had Latina AND Asian permanent hosts in the past? I DO believe television is bias against POC and the LGBT community. Just not really the View. Either way, Totally agree with pretty much everyone else PLEASE dump Raven and Candace. I actually really like Jedidiah (but I also really liked Nicole Wallace). Though I am NOT a republican I respect many of their views as I myself am a conservative democrat but I also like a good political debate NOT Whoopi and Joy stepping on differing opinions.

• Joseph Jones says:

Sunny Hostin is a regular and she is Latina.

6. EJ says:

This is good news for the show, I think. I like her a lot.

7. greg says:

She is great, but why are Raven and Candace back? Raven has barely been on in months (and is an idiot), and Candace has been non-existent all season (thankfully). Sunny and Sarah have been on more episodes than Raven and Candace combined, and actually have a viewpoint.

8. brandy says:

I absolutely love Michelle Collins and miss her, but Sara is a true gem. Also happy that Candace is staying. (I could definitely do without Jedidiah though…her voice and demeanor are so irritating to me.)

• brandy says:

Forgot to say I would’ve ditched Raven and let Sunny be full time.

• Connie Sue oosterhoff says:

Please ask jed Bila to go away.
      I have to turn the view off as soon as she opens her mouth.
      It’s not a show I want to watch any more.
      Jed is a horrible difient loudmouth.
      Why would you get rid of Michelle Collins? She was great.

9. jr. says:

Been much better without Raven. The current group this summer has been the best it;s been in quite awhile. And why does she ring that bell?

• :-) says:

The bell is a joking acknowledgement that after thinking things through they agree that someone has made a good point that should be acknowledged.

10. Rita says:

Wish Raven, Paula and Candace would leave!

11. Rosey says:

Get rid of Raven NOW!! And Candace Bure! Stupid and add nothing!
    Perfect lineup with whoopi, Joy, Sara, Sunny & Jedidiah!!
    Raven & Candace don’t have a clue about anything!!!!

12. there are 3 conversative the most ever jed candace and paula it is well balanced now i like them all a lot of generational balance too

• Big Cheddar says:

That’s true, but they never seem to be on at the same time or don’t seem to really back each other up when the discourse really starts. However, I don’t watch every day, so maybe I’ve missed the days when they do.

• jere22 says:

Candace is the only true conservative. Paula and Jedi don’t stand up for the true conservative beliefs like Candace does. Just stating my opinion. SARA HAINES IS A SCREW BALL. IMHO .

13. MMD says:

Glad that Sara and Paula as well as Whoopi and Joy are staying but Jedidiah gets on my last nerve. Even though I am a Liberal, big L, small l, I really enjoyed Nicole Wallace and was sorry when she was let go. Even though I didn’t usually agree with her positions she was able to get her position across without being overbearing.

• Jan says:

Agree 100% — in fact, I wondered if I wrote that! I’ve enjoyed watching Nicole Wallace comment on the elections and always wonder if TPTB at The View regret dropping her when they did.

• Connie Sue oosterhoff says:

Bring back nicole and Michelle.
      Get jed off now. She is so awful. Please . Whoopi joy Michelle nicole and maybe sunny

14. TV Gord says:

I like the current panel, including Sarah. It’s too bad Michelle won’t be back. I thought she was a riot, but a lot of her humor went over the heads of the studio audience, so my guess is that’s what did her in. I hope she lands on her feet someplace where she will be appreciated.

15. Mark says:

I watch everyday. I like Sarah a lot. She’s very vanilla but that’s okay. I cannot stomach Sonny Hostin though. I would stop watching if she became a permanent cohost. Jedidiah is a good conservative counterpoint. She’s harmless. I enjoy when she’s on. She isn’t as argumentative as Elizabeth but does make her point heard.

16. AJ says:

Who cares?

17. Miss Olive says:

It’s call the Whooppeee view – period. She outshouts everyone and has to have the final say especially when it comes to politics. Today just the mention of Bill Clinton almost brought her out of her chair to shut one of the other panelists down and not allow them to continue with their comment. Shameful. I have been watching the view for the past 10 years and this is the worst it has ever been. FIX IT.

18. Bryce says:

Paula is the only conservative on the panel I can stand. Cameron is hopeless, is conservative because she grew up that way and her family is, she doesn’t really think about the issues but has knee-jerk reactions that are easy for others to refute. Jedediah is overbearing and belongs on Fox News, a talking head that is obstinate and doesn’t listen. Paula comes from the right but can listen and discuss things flexibly. In terms of the rest of the panel, Raven and Sarah are okay but Joy and Whoopi are the heart of the show – not because of their more liberal politics but they are intelligent, charismatic, funny and personable.

19. I liked her on the Happy hour of the Today show, but I can’t stand Joy and Raven.

20. Greg says:

So excited that Candace and Paula are remaining. I’m a conservative christian and I love seeing these two represent my views. I’m surprised that they hired Sara Haines . She doesn’t really talk much and scince ABC loves crazy liberals I’m surprised they didn’t choose Sunny Hostin. Wish Raven Symone had been fired, she’s stupid and doesn’t deserve to be on TV.

21. Rob Horine says:

Right now, Drew Carey is going “YEESSSSSSSSSS! Another year on top for The Price is right!”

22. Joan Petschauer says:

Please don’t make the show so political. It seems that the show is so pro Hillary Clinton and blasts Trump so often. Where is the objectiveness of broadcasting. When I just hear all the acalades of Hillary, it turns me off and I change the channel. Many others have agreed with me. I find the show, The Talk, very entertaining. The ladies express their opinions but in an amusing way and not so liberal. Hopefully the new cast of the View will help the show. Good luck or good by.

• TV Gord says:

The Talk is a whole different animal. They hardly ever talk about politics, so there isn’t the opportunity for their biases to show.

• Bryce says:

Normally I would agree that the political conversation should present all sides but Trump is a dangerous sociopath that should be nowhere near the White House. Many Republican politicians agree. Even the conservative co-hosts of the view can’t defend him. We just all have to wait out the next few months.

23. Joan Petschauer says:

Hi,

24. Cj says:

Love Jed as an addition, she has a good temperament and can hold her own when she needs. Raven seems all over the place. I like her then I don’t …The View needs her for diversity and and to bring in a younger viewer. Love , love Joy she is great! Whoopi should pipe down a little. Paula and Sunny are a little boring

25. Joan l. Hodgson says:

I have been feeling really disgusted that the big bosses were going to wipe the entire slate clean again without any regard for these talented women. Us viewers get used to people we like and then they are gone! I think getting rid of Nicole Wallace before an election was ridiculous. Whoopsie and Joy have been a bit politically overbearing but great, Candace cannot hold her own, Paula Faris is great-if they dump her I will be ashamed of them, Raven Symone is too immature for this gig and the new gals will all be fantastic!

26. Anna Marsh says:

I’m glad Sara was hired as regular co-host. and I’m glad Sunny will be on the show as well but Jedidah Bila talks way too much-and doesn’t always speak the facts. I hope she is asked to be more credible about the things she speaks of. All in all though I’m glad to have a panel that is more mature and informed.

27. Hollie Dohan says:

Love the new panel, except for Raven who is too immature and makes no sense, and Candace who is all about religion. You will lose more viewers when you keep them, they add nothing to the show

28. RomanticAtHeart says:

I’m glad Sara Haines was offered a position on The View. I have watched the show off and on over its run and I truly enjoyed the chemistry between Whoopi, Sara, Joy, Sunny and Jedediah during the Democratic National Convention. They were able to express their opinions without the rude rebuttals. Sara sometimes clarified what the key points were and facilitated the progress of the discussion. I I look forward to seeing more of her in the future.

29. Paul Ketz says:

Love, love, love this panel. Still could go without Raven or Paula, but I love this. And I love that Sunny will be seen more throughout the season. The last few weeks when it has been Whoopi, Sara, Joy, Jed, and Sunny have been some of the BEST discussions.

30. Greg says:

So, The View debuted August 11, 1997. The co-hosts were: Journalist Meredith Vieira, Lawyer Star Jones, Up and coming Journalist Debbie Matenopoulos, and Veteran Journalist Barbara Walters. Barbara Walters and Joy Behar took turns as the fourth co-host but Behar eventually became a permanent co-host. At the end of 1998 Debbie Matenopoulos was fired and Journalist Lisa Ling was later hired to replace her in 1999. After 3 seasons on the show, Ling left to host National Geographic Explorer. Former Survivor contestant Elisabeth Hasselbeck was hired as Ling’s replacement in 2003. On April 6, 2006 Meredith Vieira announced she was leaving the show to host Today on NBC and her final show was June 9, 2006. On June 27, 2006, Star Jones announced she would be leaving the show but would remain on through July. However the next day Walters announced that Star would no longer be on any episodes of the show. On April 28, 2006 it was announced that Actress/Comedian/Talk Show Host Rosie O’Donnell would take over Vieira’s spot. She joined in September of that year. On April 25, 2007 O’Donnell announced she would be leaving the show after one season. Whoopi Goldberg was announced as O’Donnell’s replacement and a month later Actress Sherri Shepard was announced as a co-host. In March of 2013, it was announced that Joy Behar would leave the show at the end of season 16. And on July 10, 2013 Hasselbeck left the show for a job at Fox News. 5 days later Actress/Model/Activist Jenny McCarthy was announced as her replacement. In May 2014 Walters retired from ABC News and left The View. In June 2014 it was announced that Shepard and McCarthy would be leaving. Later it was announced that O’Donnell would return to the show and later after that Actress Rosie Perez and MSNBC Analyst and former Bush Communications Chief Nicole Wallace were announced as co-hosts. In February O’Donnell left the show again to deal with family issues. In July Perez announced she would be leaving to pursue acting full time and a week later Nicole Wallace was fired. The two remained on the show until the season ended. Actress Raven-Symone joined the series in June and Comedian Michelle Collins joined in July. It was announced later that Actress Candace Cameron Bure and Good Morning America Weekends Anchor Paula Faris would join and in August Behar announced her return. Michelle Collins was fired in June 2016 effective immediately and now Sara Haines will be her replacement.

31. Kim says:

Please dismiss Raven Symone . Raven brings nothing to the table and more than not she sounds very uneducated ! I enjoy when Sunny and Sara are on . These two are a great choice for the new season .

32. Dee Davenport says:

I enjoy the panel now Paula & Sara are knowledgeable & entertaining. I’m not conservative but I can listen to Jedediah cause she gives factual arguments for her opinions & stands up. & Sunny is intelligent. They seem to listen to each other & agree to disagree if necessary.

33. Whoopi, Sunny, Joy, Jedediah and Sara… A team of intelligent women discussing opinions respectfully is the best team in years… After both political conventions, I decided to record episodes of The View again.

Paula, Raven, and Candance are days I find difficult to view… Paula and Candance are too emotional and Raven needs to read more.

34. kathy eldridge says:

I can’t stand Jedidiah, why is she even on the show.

35. Ginny Lecompte says:

Glad for the group of season 20 except for Candice Cameron I really loved Nicole Collins instead.

36. Vicky says:

Drop Candace. She offers nothing. Make Sunny permanent. I don’t usually agree with her but she brings class and intelligence where Candace brings bad advice and no class.

• Kelee says:

I believe in being fair when hiring.. There has only been one Asian Lisa Ling and only one latin woman Rosie Perez… Its always black or white women who are hosts… Whoopi is just down right annoying and rude and seems angry… Its Whoopi’s view or nothing.. Candace is boring but nice…

37. joann says:

The season 20 panel looks good. Glad to see Candice and Raven coming back. Need young people on show. Sunny bores me and Paula, well not much of a fan. She reminds me of Elizabeth.

38. Njord says:

I find it quite amusing that people claiming to be Liberals loved N Wallace. The way I see it she was a lapdog that didn’t want to rock the boat and seemed to never say or support anything conservative. As for Jedediah is not a Conservative she is a Libertarian which have liberal social views and conservative govt views such as limited govt. It’s really sad that the shows last true conservative was Hasselbeck and the show has suffered ever since. If The View producers want a hit they should try to get Shemane Nugent now that would be a spectacle!

39. lynn babe says:

Your fall Panel should like like this, Whoppi, Joy, Sara, Sonny the lawyer to explain everything and last but no least bring back Nicole Wallace to explain all the politics the right way.Then your conversations would be much more intelligent and it would make more sense to watch your views.Thank You

40. Val Prudhum says:

Anybody BUT Jedidiah Bila, please.

41. Rebecca Goodin says:

I am very happy that Sara Haines will be a permanent part of the show. She is intelligent and thoughtful in expressing her views. Sunny Hostin would also make a great permanent co-host. I love her legal perspective and intelligent personal comments. Raven Symone shares her younger perspective and explains the way she thinks and feels very well. My favorite conservative republican you had was Nicolle Wallace. She too was able to intelligently expres her views. Unfortunately, the View often hires unintelligent conservatives that do not listen and talk over people they disagree with. Congrats to Sara and best of luck to Sunny and Raven

42. Debra C Edwards says:

The best person they could have added to the show is Sara. She is smart, funny and most of all she listens. Paula and Candace should be permanently removed and Jedidah and Sunny should take their places. I have been watching the View for all of the 20 years you have been on and came to see the show 6 years ago when I finished my treatment for cancer and I am awaiting for tickets again .

43. Anne says:

Please take Candace and raymonsymon off.

44. Colleen says:

Honestly until there are MAJOR changes..WHOOPIE, Raven and CAndice gone! The show will continue to be a loser in the ratings! I will continue to not be able to watch….THE TALK rules!!!!

45. NYC girl says:

It is still a show whose time has long come and gone. Hopefully this will be the last year.

46. GiGi says:

Simply put, Raven is a better fit for the Real. No disrespect, she just does not work on the View! Sorry Candace, neither do you. I want to see strong women with an informed point of view. While Jede can annoy me with her view, I certainly appreciate that she has one.

47. Yolanda says:

I wish they would have replaced Raven. She doesn’t have chemistry with the other hosts. And talks before she thinks.

48. Marilyn Rabinowitz says:

I have been watching the View forever. It’s my guilty pleasure! I like smart women, but the fun factor has gone away. In the days Jedediah, who’s so condescending with the brilliant Sunny, is present, I might choose to skip the show. She irritates me that much!

49. msh says:

I heard Raven-Symoné wouldn’t be a panel member in the 20th season but apparently that was incorrect information. Too bad. I won’t be viewing “The View” anymore.

50. Kimmie0518 says:

I just love Whoopi and Joy. I’m so glad that they are back for the new season. Perhaps, I’ll still tune in now.