Fall TV Preview
Big Brother CBS All Access

It's Official: New Big Brother Season to Air This Fall on CBS All Access

The Star Trek: Discovery crew and Diane Lockhart now have a cool house to hang out at over on CBS All Access.

UPDATE: CBS is now officially confirming that summertime staple Big Brother will return with Season 19 this fall, and on the CBS All Access subscription streaming service that to date has claimed Bryan Fuller’s new Star Trek series and a Good Wife spinoff as tenants.

CBS’ regular summer editions of Big Brother will remain in tact, the network confirms. Also, Julie Chen will be involved in the digital edition in some capacity, but not necessarily as host.

As previously reported by Deadline (in the wake of a report by the Reality Blurred website), the CBS All Access edition of Big Brother will run shorter (for about 10 weeks), premiere within days of the Season 18 finale (which airs Sept. 21) and feature a new cast of houseguests.

The launch of CBS All Access’ original fare, which was to commence in January with Star Trek: Discovery, will thus be accelerated, with the plan being to premiere a new series every three to four months

1. Phillip says:

Will Big Brother be on next summer on regular CBS?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I cannot image they would abandon the standard summertime editions. People are stomping their feet demanding more reasons to try CBS All Access, they’re trying to amass some. No harm, no foul.

• CBS All Access sucks. I’ve tried it a few times and the player is always malfunctioning so you can’t view anything. Customer Service is not any assistance in fixing the problem wither. Waste of money.

2. jph_gsg says:

I wonder how long it will take for CBS to realize that they need to offer a lot more than three shows to get people who already pay for cable (and probably Netflix/Hulu/Amazon on top of it) to pay for their streaming service? I’m a hug Good Wife fan but won’t be subscribing just for that show, same with this news.

• wrstlgirl says:

Same here, I have reached my limit.

• KLS says:

Maybe they’ll use CBS Acess to burn off failed shows. Or is that what Saturday is for? They should have put the stripped down Limitless here.

• Katherine215 says:

Ditto. I have DirecTV, Amazon, and Netflix and I have had enough. I don’t even pay for premium cable channels and I’m already averaging almost $150 a month for tv (when you average out my Prime subscription over a year). Craziness.

• MattR says:

Yeah, that’s fair. Though they have to start somewhere. I’ll subscribe for Star Trek, but in a year or so, when there’s like 4-5 original shows on CBS All Access (since the article says they plan to launch a new one every quarter), they’ll probably do better.

I don’t watch much Netflix, and I only subscribed once the Marvel shows started. Some people will subscribe to CBS just because Big Brother, some just for Star Trek, and some just for The Good Wife spinoff.

• Marc says:

I am already paying for CBS as part of my cable fee. They were off Time Warner Cable for weeks over a retransmission fee dispute. Most of us with cable are paying not only basic cable stations like USA, FX, and ESPN but also for the broadcast stations. CBS All Access will fail unless a) they offer it as part of the Showtime or The Movie Channel package or 2) they offer as much original programming as paid outlets like Netflix, HBO, Showttime, and Starz. Neither will happen any time soon.

• Ronda says:

Me either! Ridiculous..

3. wrstlgirl says:

First season I’ll miss. Too bad.

4. Lola says:

After this summer of crap, pass. I barely want my paid subscription now.

5. Dj says:

I hope this mean seasons 20 will be an all star season.

6. Alyson says:

Hopefully it isn’t as awful as this season, if people have to pay to watch it.

7. Beth says:

They must forget that BB9 (the extra season the year of the writers strike) was the worst season.

8. Ryan says:

Matt, could you clarify the sentence about the season length? Do you mean that the season will be 10 episodes shorter than the typical season length, or do you mean that the season will consist of just 10 episodes? Thanks!

• Timmah says:

I believe that’s a misprint. It’s 10 weeks, not 10 episodes. The typical length of a BB season is about 13 weeks.

I just hope that Jeff isn’t going to be the host, but I fear the worst.

• Ryan says:

One of my interpretations is kind of what you’d indicated; a ten week season, with one episode per week (instead of the traditional three episodes per week) for a total of ten episodes in the season.

9. iHeart says:

oh those poor Canadians, hopefully Global will be able to find a way for the Canadian fans to see it (me I don’t really care, I know someone who watches Big Brother, so I’m more concerned for him)

• chris says:

Has there been any word on if Canadians/places outside the US will have access to this as well? I don’t want to get my hopes up for a new season to realize I won’t be able to watch it

10. Et al. says:

I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss this. If rumors of the casting director getting canned are true – or even if she feels free enough to cast some game players who aren’t model/actors chosen for bathing suit potential – this could be the best season in some time. If that awful Jeff is hosting, the feeds could still be great.

11. jp says:

I will never figure out how to watch it. I am disappointed.

12. JCPrime1 says:

No thanks, CBS. CBS Access is a ridiculous idea.

13. Mark says:

Sadly, this has me wanting to buy it…

14. jenna says:

I’m curious if there will still be edited episodes or if the season will just consist of the live feeds

15. Jason says:

I guess CBS and Big Brother want to lose viewers. i won’t pay for it.

16. Alec says:

I guess CBS and Big Brother want to lose viewers. I won’t pay for it. [2]

17. matty says:

Is this just a stunt to attract attention to CBS All Access or is this a hint that BB on CBS is a thing of the past?

18. Renee says:

No I think season 19 should be on TV just like all its past seasons no one can afford the all access online so it needs to stay on TV like it is every year TV TV TV only

19. GuessWhat says:

you’re all getting fooled into buying more TV
    not me!
    let me sign off the internet now and read a book

20. queerbec says:

Why don’t they offer us a Celebrity Big Brother in the fall. I’m sure they can find a few D list celebs –either on the way up or the way down–who’d be willing to be locked up for six weeks or so We should do a separate brainstorming of possible competitors.

21. Arie says:

I say CW adds a third hour to their nightly primetime schedule and have Big Brother air on The CW in the fall.

22. bookescapist says:

I just got CBS All Access this summer so I could watch the live feeds and was pleasantly surprised to find ALL the past Big Brother seasons! I would have signed up last summer if I knew that. This is only my second year watching BB & I am obsessed. I plan to watch all the previous seasons. I finished BB16 last week. It took my 10 days to watch all 40 episodes. I’m definitely going to keep my subscription to CBS All Access because I want to be able to watch all the previous seasons. And I got my sister in BB as well and we both watch the live feeds and it’s great to be able to discuss the show with her

• Nancy Ehll says:

I’ve watched Big Brother From the start. I don’t intend to waste money on CBS All Access. This Season of BB is very disappointing. I’ll Just wait until next summer.If they can’t show it on regular or cabel channels.

23. Judiwb says:

I HATE Big Brother. It’s a stupid “reality” show. I am so sick of reality tv shows because they aren’t real.

24. Shawn says:

What will be the premier date for BB fall edition? Will all access be included wit my current subscription with my satellite provider or will the current price go down?is there or will there be an all access app launched for Samsung smart TV? Trying to find the cheapest way to watch BB.

25. Suzanne Good says:

Big Brother is one of my favorite shows. I look forward to it every summer and always watch the After Dark. Was excited when I first heard about the fall season until I realized it was on All Access. There is no way I’m paying CBS extra for there next work. They are the only network that charges for access. ABC, NBC, FOX, Lifetime, and etc. they are all free. I’m not sure why CBS is so special. Now they are trying to create programming to justify it. With what they’re spending in production of new shows, they could just save the money on subscriptions.

26. tamera says:

why can’t they put it on pop tv or cmt or hulu ? for people that can’t aford to pay for it. just a thought lol

27. Martha says:

Do we only get to watch it on line or I it going to be on T.V.?

28. cara says:

We are new viewers who just started watching B.B.18. Love the show!!!! We were so excited when we thought we could watch the fall version on C.B.S.We are sad and disappointed we can’t watch B.B.-19. We are praying we are able to watch Big Brother on C.B.S. in the summer.

• Nancy Ehll says:

I’m sure they will continue BB in the summer of 2017.I’ve watched it from the very start.I’m a fan of Big Brother.But won’t be watching it on CBS Acces.They can take and Shove it. Glad you like BB18.

29. Ahmed says:

I love big brother so much I’m watching since I’m lot boy

30. Kayleen says:

Hi I’m so exited I love this show but I bought the all access and I can’t find the first episode only the one I’ve seen so far is meeting the new house guests and when I go to episodes it says come back later.. Help!!

31. Cheryl Heffner says:

I have yet to see the Fall Premier of Big Brother. I was supposed to premier on September 28.on CBS. I have yet to see it. I tried on Demand it was not there. I have watched Big Brother from the beginning.

32. Ronda says:

Won’t pay extra!! Ridiculous..