The Tick Amazon Pilot

The Tick Pilot: Amazon Releases New Photos From 'Absurd' Reimagining

We didn’t think it was possible, but The Tick has gotten even more ridiculous since we last saw him — and that’s not a bad thing.

Amazon on Monday released a batch of new photos from The Tick — one of three new half-hour pilots available for streaming on Aug. 19. — which is described as a “radically new hybrid of humor and super heroic action with characters you will care desperately about.”

Those characters include the titular man in blue (Parks and Recreation‘s Peter Serafinowicz), an underdog accountant named Arthur (Vinyl‘s Griffin Newman), and a sinister baddie known as The Terror (Preacher‘s Jackie Earle Haley). Valorie Curry (House of Lies), Yara Martinez (Jane the Virgin) and Brendan Hines (Scorpion) also star.

Click through the gallery of new Tick photos below, then drop a comment: Will you be watching?

1. Shaun says:

Lame cosplay.

2. Belle says:

Really??? Anyone out there excited for this? Just curious.

3. lrdslvrhnd says:

That costume (and expression) on the pic heading the article is TERRIBLE. And the ones in the rest of the gallery aren’t any better.
    Is it just me, or is Arthur a dead ringer for Leonard from Big Bang Theory?

4. ScottJ says:

I think Amazon has missed the point here. The Tick is absurd, but its a real-world absurd. On the basis of the stills this looks too fake to be grounded in reality.

• Dan says:

Amazon, or Ben Edlund? Ben is the creator of all versions of the Tick, and is a writer/producer of this series.

5. Pedro says:

Even the Tick needs the textured rubber suit?

6. The Carpooler says:

Huge fan of the original cartoon (I still have my mini characters somewhere), not a huge fan of the Wharburton version. I’ll give this a try.

7. Joe says:

I understand that the costume has nothing to do with the quality of the writing and acting but Jesus, that is a horrible suit. Wow, that is bad. Holy Christ, that is the worst suit I’ve ever seen.

I don’t think this one will make it, guys. I’m sad about that but I don’t think it will. We could use a new version of The Tick but that suit is not doing anyone any favors.

8. That photo looks like drunk cosplay on the Big Bang Theory set.

• lrdslvrhnd says:

….OK, I’d already picked up on Leonard, but OMG, yeah, that’s totally Sheldon in a padded suit trying to smile comfortingly.

9. Walrus says:

I thought Patrick Warburton was perfect casting. And I also love the way the antennae moved around. And all these years later, I still remember my favorite line: “a secret message… from my teeth!” (after putting a fortune cookie whole into his mouth). Oh, and when fighting Cowpocalypse, “Fight fire with Arthur!” There were so many good lines. I haven’t seen it in years, but it still stands out in my memory. Warburton’s delivery makes the lines a whole lot better than they read.