The Bachelorette Finale

The Bachelorette Season Finale Recap: Did JoJo Choose Jordan or Robby?

True love, destiny and America’s patience were all put to the test Monday night as JoJo Fletcher‘s final decision was stretched over two agonizing hours on The Bachelorette season finale.

And even though it was a somewhat low-stakes choice — handsome former footballer Jordan Rodgers vs. handsome former swimmer Robby Hayes has to be one of the franchise’s safest face-offs yet, right? — we still found ourselves torn over JoJo’s impending decision until the finale’s closing moments. (Damn you, Bachelorette, you’ve done it to us again!)

Tears, drama and an endless supply of cheese (thanks, Chris Harrison!) filled the evening, until Jordan was finally revealed as JoJo’s one true love.

“As long as you’re happy,” a crestfallen Robby told JoJo moments after she stopped him from proposing by saying, “I can’t let you do that. I don’t want to take that moment from you.”

And then, all that was left was for Jordan to show up and tell his lady “You make me believe that love doesn’t need to have scripts” and that he was going to “wake up every morning and choose you over and over and over again, until you tell me I can’t.” Then he got down on one knee and proposed, and she happily accepted.

The finale also found JoJo haunted by the ghost of former Bachelor Ben Higgins, who famously professed his love for her… then blindsided America by proposing to the other finalist, Lauren Bushnell. (Speaking of haunting, Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After is coming soon to Freeform.)

Bachelor Nation, are you pleased with JoJo’s choice? Cast your vote below, then drop a comment with your thoughts on Monday’s big finale.

1. Bryan says:

Shouldve picked James Tayor haha

2. KLP says:

It was the distraction edit, as the producers love to do. And she wants the little bit of bad boy/mystery that Jordan represents. Given the history of these relationships, the stakes are still low to be the engaged couple.

3. gwenrobby says:

She should have chosen Luke. Duh.

4. Eric says:

Neither! Luke! Or James Taylor.

• Shaun says:

James didn’t put enough effort into making her love him.

• Agreed. My two favorites of the season, along with Wells.

• sarah t says:

Agreed, it should have been Luke (never a fan of James T. He seemed a bit too needy.). Then again, Robbie seemed a little clingy too. I’m just not a fan of either of these two guys. Jordan strikes me as disingenuous and Robbie strikes me as a Stage 1 clinger (his, “I’ll be blowing up your phone even when I’m out on the golf course with my buddies” line, sheesh and then constantly reminding everyone that you told JoJo you loved her in Uruguay). Though i was glad she didn’t allow Robbie to get down on one knee, her “I love you. I wanted it to be you.” was almost as bad as Ben’s telling her he loved her when it was between her and Lauren. I’ll be shocked if JoJo and Jordan make it more than 6 months before breaking up.

5. Greg says:

Jojo turned out to be an awful bachelorette with zero substance, only lots of tears and fake emotion. Once the press does down, they will break up because there is nothing real about These two or their relationship.

6. wrstlgirl says:

Robby gets the “I really wanted it to be you” speech. What does that even mean??

7. M3rc_Nate says:

She’s a known jersey chaser who is on the show for her 15 minutes of fame so I really wonder who she chose…Oh wait, the former “pro football player.”

8. Linda Wolf says:

It’s sad that JoJo is such a spoiled demanding person. I really wanted the best for her, but she insists on her desires – does she even have any concern about the guy’s desires??? She disappointed me being so spoiled and self-centered.

9. Timmah says:

JoJo should have married drama, because that’s what she’s really in love with.

10. Laura says:

Where’s the neither button in the poll…she has terrible taste in men.

11. Steve F. says:

Three months, tops.

12. cuius says:

Makes “Unreal” even more real

13. Tennisnsun says:

So glad I moved from EDT to PDT this summer. I checked on TV line at 8:00 Pacific and read the conclusion so I didn’t have to slog through the way too long 3 hour presentation. Thanks TV Line! Jo Jo managed to skewer two bachelors. One in mid fantasy suite and one mid proposal. How is this better than what Ben did to her????. Don’t think they will last a week. She was giving him serious stink eye when I peeked in on the last hour wrap up.

14. jelly says:

She was a terrible bachelorette. I mean how dumb can you be? Jordon? he doesn’t love her! Robby for sure did but so did luke! I hope they beak up, in fact I predict it

• wrstlgirl says:

LOL, why do you hope they break up. That just seems mean spirited. What difference does it make to you? But having said that predicting that they will break up is the same as predicting the sun will come up every day.

15. Theresa christy says:

Best couple ever on the Bachelorette . If they don’t make it to the alter, I am done with this show. I see the sparkle in their eyes.