The Oscar-winning actor, who serves as an executive producer on the CBS drama, will reprise his role as Chief Justice Wilbourne in the Season 3 premiere. And just as with his first appearance as Wilbourne (in the Season 2 opener), Freeman also will direct the episode, EW.com reports.
Madam Secretary launches its new season on Sunday, Oct. 2 at 9/8c, where it will air between NCIS: Los Angeles and Elementary.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Ash vs. Evil Dead Season 2 will premiere Sunday, Oct. 2 at 8/7c on Starz, followed by the return of Blunt Talk at 8:35 pm.
* Starz has renewed The Girlfriend Experience for a 14-episode second season, focusing on entirely new characters.
* Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs will guest-star as himself in an episode of ABC’s upcoming drama Notorious, EW reports.
* AT&T’s Audience Network has renewed Rogue for a fourth and final season, with Meaghan Rath (Being Human) joining the cast, our sister site Deadline reports.
* Pop has cancelled the unscripted series Queens of Drama, which followed General Hospital favorite Vanessa Marcil and other former soap stars who form a production company to develop a new sudser, Deadline reports.
Which of today’s TVLine Items piques your interest?