Amy Schumer Gilmore Girls Trailer Responds

Will Gilmore Girls Hurt Black Friday? How Is Degrassi Pair Still Married? Wayward Signage? And More TV Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Stranger Things, The Fosters, Rizzoli & Isles and Wayward Pines!

1 | From Stranger Things Episode 5: Why didn’t Hopper contact Joyce right after he discovered that Will’s corpse was a fake?

2 | As great as it was to see the old Degrassi gang during Episode 500, was anyone else disappointed that Emma and Spinner were still married after that wacky TV-movie? Was it delusional to think Sean came back from war and he and Emma rekindled their romance?

3 | Admit it: To this day, do you still watch Orphan Black cast interviews and catch yourself looking for the “other” clone actresses?

4 | While it’s unfortunate that Naveen Andrews couldn’t reprise his Wonderland role, Once Upon a Time‘s casting of Oded Fehr as Jafar is still quite spot-on, yes? Can Gilbert Gottfried cameo as his manservant?

Match Game5 | I’m trapped on a deserted island with Scarlett Johansson. Please send… “hair”??????

6 | Do we have this about right: $100,000 Pyramid is about who gets the most perfect score, while Match Game is often about which contestant can manage a single point?

7 | Preacher fans, your first reaction to Emily feeding Miles to Cassidy: “OMG, they made Emily a murderer!” or “Whew! The guinea pigs are safe!”?

8 | On Power, aside from the whole gun thing, didn’t Angela’s introduction to Ghost’s kids go much better than you expected it to?

9 | Wouldn’t/shouldn’t The Last Ship‘s Barnes have leveraged President Michener for an exclusive “tell-all” sitdown vs. letting him give an address to the nation? (Rookie mistake.)

10 | Isn’t just about any creature more inspiring than the dung beetle that one American Ninja Warrior contestant adopted as his spirit animal during Monday’s broadcast?

11 | Does it suddenly make so much sense why UnREAL‘s Rachel is so messed up, given her confession to Coleman about being raped and her mother sweeping it under the carpet?The Fosters

12 | Is there no end to Brandon’s terrible decisions on The Fosters – selling fake IDs, ignoring a restraining order, getting involved with a single mom (who’s still married) and now taking the SATs for someone else?! Who would have thought Jesus would end up being the smarter brother?

13 | We’re halfway through this season of Guilt, so it’s time to place your bets: Who killed Molly Ryan? Are you kind of rooting for Grace to be a sociopath?

14 | How much new Rizzoli & Isles femslash was born of the scene where Maura applied a henna tattoo to Jane’s neck and bared shoulder? And is it pretty obvious the series will end with Jane taking a new, “safer” job?

15 | Shouldn’t the new Carpool Karoke series have landed on CBS All Access vs. Apple Music? To, you know, give people another reason, besides Star Trek: Discovery and the Good Wife offshoot, to subscribe?

16 | Alex’s ex Sarah on Casual is completely bonkers, right?

17 | How much of a hit do we think Black Friday sales will take in light of the Gilmore Girls premiere-date news? Off YOY by 10 percent? 20? More??

18 | Suits fans, is Louis vs. the stock traders one of the funniest things the show has done in some time?Wayward Pines Finale

19 | Perhaps we’re being childish, but did anyone else first read this Wayward Pines monitor as “POO TERMINATION”? (Surely they could’ve chosen a font that better distinguishes between Os and Ds! Then again, these same displays gave us the typo “COUTINUING CRYOGENIC PROCESS.”)

20 | Did Ryan Murphy’s Scream Queens purposely cast Rebecca Romijn’s former and current husbands (John Stamos and Jerry O’Connell) in hopes of inspiring a future season of the highly anticipated Feud?

21 | Did Netflix renew Flaked just to keep Will Arnett happy ahead of Arrested Development Season 5 negotiations? And were you aware Rob Schneider even had a show on Netflix before this week’s renewal of Real Rob?

22 | Did NBC purposely schedule its “ladies only” Hollywood Game Night to air the same night Hillary Clinton accepted the Democratic nomination as first female presidential candidate?

23 | Hey, DNC and RNC organizers — how about you spend the next four years studying up on how to properly time a balloon drop? Speaking of the DNC, which Obama gave the better speech: POTUS or FLOTUS?

24 | Is it time to put a fork in the Jimmy Kimmel/Matt Damon “feud”?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. kteemac says:

Kind of silly to think that the release of a show that never topped more than about 5 million viewers per season (2% of U.S. adult population) will have any real impact on Black Friday sales.

• KT says:

I’m with you. While I have nothing against the show, I have to say I’m a little sick of hearing about it.

• Anna says:

Gotta say I agree. I caught episodes here and there in its original run, but holy crap, this site won’t stop talking about it. It’s making me hate this reunion before it even airs. There is something called overexposure, TVLine.

• Marcie says:

Except that it has gotten a whole new life and popularity on Netflix since then.

• Katherine215 says:

pretty sure that was a joke, guys…

2. Annie says:

24. No. It´s funny and the topic is brought once in a while, so it does not get old.

3. Steven says:

15. The Good Wife spin off is my second reason. That’s still happening right?

4. Bwhit says:

12) His endless amount of stupidity is partly why I dropped the show. He also slept with his dad’s girlfriend, that was a real stellar moment as well!

17) I don’t know what it will do to sales but I will say this will be the best day after Thanksgiving I have ever had.

5. Mary says:

Since Black Friday really starts on Thursday now a days, I don’t think it will effect it at all.

6. LADY_in_MD says:

It totally explains why Rachel is so messed up her mom probably started drugging her after the incident so she has always been heavily medicated until out on her own and in another toxic situation at the UnReal set but now I see why she clings to Quinn so much it’s just as toxic as the relationship she has with her mother
    Does anyone else feel like this season isn’t as strong as season 1? I’m just not feeling it like I did the first season

• Jess says:

I was just thinking that after this week’s episode. Perhaps the big reveal explains Rachel’s behavior…but how terribly cliche. I miss the moral quagmire that was Season 1, where everyone seemed to listen a little too much to the devil on the right, while still occasionally feeling the sting of the angel on the left’s disappointment. This season has taken characters with questionable decision making tools, and turned them absolutely despicable. Quinn is coming off as a catty, mean girl and a shrew, more than a powerful woman with little time, or care for the opinions of her male counterparts. And suddenly she wants a baby with a man she’s know for 3 weeks (?!). Rachel is a mess who’s lost any ground she gained last season in her quest for self control. Her blind pursuit of capturing the race story has been misguided, exploitative, and only slightly more heinous than the writers of UnReal. Jeremy is suddenly an abusive drunk (?!). Chet is all wounded male ego. Madison has dived head first into the muck pile, with little to redeem her sociopathic glee in destroying others. Jay’s becoming preachy, despite his own less than stellar motives, and behavior. And they haven’t bothered to define Coleman’s motives, letting him sort of float on the periphery, mildly taunt Quinn, and start a completely unethical relationship with an employee. And the female contestants this year are ridiculous caricatures of women. Ruby was the only one with an interesting backstory, and the devolved her into the wounded, scorned woman. The only compelling moments from this season came out of the first two episodes when there was still a bit of a power play between Quinn and Rachel, and the brief moments of mischief and charm from Adam’s all to brief reappearance.

• Ally Oop says:

I had a feeling it was going to become like this. After Season 1 I felt that if Rachel didn’t walk away from the show then she’d no longer be a likeable character anymore. Any character that would choose to stay in the muck is too pathetic to root for. Unfortunately, the show needed to keep going and to do that they needed Rachel to stay.

• Lerbert says:

I’m having a hard time connecting with ithe show and characters as well this year. They walked much of the major plot developments of the first season within the first two episodes which always puts a big wah-wah on a series for me.

Poor Brandon. He is pretty exasperating as a character. Therapy STAT. Also no way Steph and Lena would allow Mariana to meet alone with Nick!! As a 16 yr old? No ma’am.

No. 21 is LOLs. Thanks tvline!

• Rachel says:

I’m having a hard time connecting with the show this year. I think for many of the reasons that were stated in several of the posts and also b/c I like Adam better than Darius.

• Katie says:

There are a lot f issues they present, but never go after. Example: Rachel’s mom treating her is, like someone FINALLY said, a major ethics violation, and I’m pretty sure that a hospital wouldn’t allow her to treat her own daughter, certainly not prescribe her meds. They’re also suddenly all feeling guilty about Mary last season, but wasn’t it nameless producer who swapped out Mary’s meds who was to blame? And they fired her because of it. Yes they should have guilt, but it’s getting old. It seems like the moral compass of the show is just going in circles and makes no sense. I’m hoping Adam comes back next season. Coleman just comes off so sleazy, and his reaction to Rachel (taking a clearly drugged Rachel to film her “raw” response to the Darius disaster, and then forcing her to tell him about her mom, only to go to Yael and tell her he wants to take the show down) is just gross. I’m ok with the crappiness of the people involved with the show, but I’m just getting sick of all the weird morality (Jay being shocked and horrified and holier-than-thou when he’s done just as many messed up things). I’m still sticking around for season 3!

7. ToyCannon says:

Time out. Where did the Degrassi 500th episode air? Is it part of the Netflix revival?

• Karen says:

Yup, it was the 5th episode of Degrassi: Next Class Season 2, which was just released on Netflix! I was pretty surprised that Emma and Spinner were still married and it was weird they didn’t even show them together. I still wish Manny and Jay got married during that movie instead.

8. A fan of TV says:

I don’t honestly believe that Gilmore Girls will have the kind of appeal that eases Black Friday. But I wish it would, because Black Friday is a bad joke at the best of times, a humanity-erodibg calamity at its worst. GG, on the other hand, is pure and won’t cause punchouts over TVs that have been colossally marked up just to be marked down for a dark day.
    But also, Black Friday shoppers could go online and shop, concurrently while indulging in GG.

9. KLS says:

19. I guess the only ones in WP who could spell were from season 1. Oops! They’re all dead!

10. Jeff hunter says:

Question 17:None whatsoever that being said,I jokingly say#AllFridaysMatter!jeff

11. cr says:

17. 100% of my black Friday spending is cancelled. 12:01am viewing party is ON.

12. Chris G. says:

1. And why did the evil lab let Hopper go???

13. 17 I am dying laughing at the thought of people staying home on Black Friday to see Gilmore Girls versus out shopping. Most companies now offer sales online prior to or on Black Friday and on Cyber Monday. You can do all your shopping online and still watch Gilmore Girls. Or you can binge watch after you get all your shopping done. Easy Peasy.

14. Kevin K says:

#5 – on Match Game who knew “hair” was such a terrible answer.

15. HAP says:

#4-I always look back with fondness at the Covert Affairs shows. He and Piper Perabo seemed to have a genuine affection for each other.

#21- Thought went through my mind, but from a different angle. I thought Arnett was blackmailing Netflix, lest he not go back to Arrested Development. Flaked is a fairly crappy show.

16. Angela says:

5. Oh, man, that answer… My mom and I were sitting there the whole time like, “WTF?” :p.
    6. LOL, pretty much, yes :p. I actually wondered at one point if anyone had scored higher than a 2 on “Match Game” thus far.

17. Lala says:

No way I’m missing my Black Friday shopping aka Christmas shopping to watch GG…

18. Tom says:

~
    *Raises eyebrow* Um, what? I’d want AC, food, and fresh water so we wouldn’t need to leave
    ~
    Did it really make her a murder though? It’s Cassidy that killed him, she’s just an accomplice. It kind of surprised me that she did though, I mean I get she wasn’t in LOVE with him, but they had some kind of something I thought, I thought at least she had made some kind of peace of his shady side
    ~
    Here’s hoping lots. I mean I’d love for the ending to be them getting together but I have accepted that’ll never happen.
    ~
    That would have made sense
    So what if they did?
    Barry’s rocked
    ~
    24 | Is it time to put a fork in the Jimmy Kimmel/Matt Damon “feud”?
    ~
    Um…..I don’t know anything about it because I don’t watch Kimmel

• Tom says:

~
      I don’t think it’ll have a ton of impact, isn’t it only like five hours or so at most? It’s like four hour long episodes right?

19. Rahajicho says:

Black Friday should be canceled altogether.

• MMD says:

I totally agree. It is a uniquely American thing and I feel sorry for the poor people who have to work and can’t enjoy the weekend or even finish their Thanksgiving dinner with their families because it starts earlier and earlier each year. From the outside looking in it seems ridiculous.

20. Jared says:

Your still watching GUILT?!?..Bless your heart! lol

21. danoregon says:

Match Game has done a pretty good job of bringing everything back that made the original good – but the writing is lacking. Too often the “joke” answer is too obvious, or the question is so poorly written there is no “definitive” answer.

22. Jen says:

1. Dunno why, but I sure enjoyed the series. Loved the throwback feel. Kept waiting to hear “Stand by Me” played on the soundtrack.

3. Yes, yes I do.

4. OMG! That would be perfection! That would actually get me to start watching again.

6. So irritating. Match Game appears to be where the guest stars are all trying to be funny (aka “look at me. i’m so humorous”) rather than helping the poor contestant.

7. I damn near choked. I did NOT see that coming. Maybe in a year or two, but not then. Getting totally surprised like that is awesome. (I am really tired of that word. Gotta find a new one)

14. She may well take that teaching job with the FBI, but if the show were to carry on after that, she’d be with some elite FBI squad soon enough, cause our Janey would get bored soon enough.

23. MMD says:

#14 I think it is pretty obvious where ALL the major characters are going to end up.

#15 Carpool Karaoke shouldn’t exist anywhere without James Corden

#18 It sure is and will be a gift that keeps giving all season. Love Louis and he does try but one exists in every family/company, etc.

24. kirads09 says:

#3 – yes :-) guilty
    #4 – My dream was for S2 of OUAT Wonderland to tell the Aladdin story. After all Wonderland was all about being reunited with your true love more than heroes v bad guys. Would’ve been a better fit – Alice, Cyrus, Red Queen/Anastasia and Will band together to help Aladdin and Jasmine.
    #9 – Barnes. Ugh. Poor Michener. Grrrr. But knew Hiroyuki Sanada would end up being a help to them. Kinda unrealistic they would just let him take over the ship like that but…
    #24 Well, my conspiracy theory is that all celeb “feuds” are faked for publicity. This was so obviously never real in the first place there’s nothing to end.

25. Anna says:

12. Brandon is an idiot – he always has been. He gets in the most ridiculous situations – you didn’t even mention sleeping with his foster sister, using his money set aside for Julliard/college to get his still married mom girlfriend an apartment, or stealing money from his dad to bribe drug addict Ana (who was a witness in a murder case).
    Jesus has matured so much. Brandon is still acts like an impetuous child who thinks absolutely nothing through.

26. Sooz says:

#3 – YES!!!

27. DarkDefender says:

FLOTUS <— FTW

28. Nikki says:

24 – No.

29. Megs says:

21. I really liked Flaked… Didn’t realize I was in the minority! I always appreciate that anti-hero vibe and a no-win ending if done right, and Arnett pulls it off. It might be a little too realistic, as I know we turn to television for entertainment, but I find that type of story more life-affirming in that “hey, sometimes things are just really screwed up and it sucks” kind of way.

In addition to Arrested Development, the new season of Bojack Horsemen just dropped on Netflix, so I think it’s safe to say that he has a good relationship with the streaming service and they must really enjoy working together.

30. KCC says:

Strictly going by the amount of stories published on TVLine, the Gilmore Girls revival will out perform every Super Bowl and the series finales of M*A*S*H, Cheers, Seinfeld and Friends. It’s also going to be a more important an event than the moon landing and be the cause of the great economic collapse of 2016 because the entire nation will be watching and re-watching the shows endlessly. It is destine to be the pinnacle humankind’s artistic achievement.

31. Weezy says:

#18 HECK NO! This season has been unbelievably disappointing in virtually every facet of the show. I’ve been watching the series from Day 1 but am this close to dropping it completely. The show has devolved into this constant back and forth whining and is almost comical in the sense that elite lawyers would act this way. It wasn’t as bad when they were fighting for people and had big cases, but now it’s all stupid internal battles. And the Mike having a rival in prison. Just a bad decision all around in my opinion..