Girl Meets World Spoilers

Girl Meets World Bringing Back Both Morgans for Huge Season 3 Finale

Girl Meets World is staging the ultimate Matthews family reunion — and possibly bending the rules of time and space in the process.

Per the writers’ official Twitter account, William Daniels (Mr. Feeny), Anthony Quinn (Mr. Turner), Rider Strong (Shawn), Will Friedle (Eric), William Russ (Alan), Betsy Randle (Amy), Lee Norris (Minkus) and Danny McNulty (Harley) will all appear in the final episode of Season 3 to “help [the characters] make a decision.”

UPDATE: Click here to see a group photo from the reunion!

Oh, and did I mention that both actresses who played Morgan on Boy Meets WorldLily Nicksay (Seasons 1–2) and Lindsay Ridgeway (Seasons 3–7) — will join them? I knew I forgot someone.

That’s the good news. The bad news, of course, is that this mass reunion could serve as a collective final bow for all of these characters, as the series’ future beyond Season 3 is still unknown. And star Rowan Blanchard’s emotional tweet, posted shortly after shooting the finale on Tuesday, is doing little to boost our confidence:

This Instagram post from co-star August Maturo, however, might be a better way to end this:

We just taped the finale of #GirlMeetsWorld and this is what the audience had to say

A post shared by August Maturo (@augustmaturo) on

How are you feeling about the current state of Girl Meets World? If this is the final season, how do you hope it all ends? Whatever’s on your mind, drop it in a comment below.

1. A. D. says:

It needs to go for many more seasons!

2. dlraetz says:

I hope it continues. Takes me back to my childhood and my niece into hers

3. Emily says:

why would it get only 3 seasons? all good disney shows get 4 seasons. i don’t believe its the end yet.

• Danielle says:

Come on people know the difference! It will go on, its just a season finale not a series finale.

• sarah t says:

Actually most Disney shows only get three seasons. Only a few get picked up for 4. I’m guessing that this one will too since it’s so popular.

• Kevin says:

For Disney, they call it a 3 season curse.. Disney usually doesn’t continue a series after the 3rd season.. There have been exception.. But I don’t know of any Disney series going past 4..

There have been a lot of complaints towards end of season 2 and most of season 3 though.. people have complained the show is no longer the same.. the characters have changed too much (just look at Farkle lol) and unless the plan is for Riley and Lucas to have a Corey and Topanga thing… there isn’t much more they can do with the show other then Maya’s mom and Sean getting married.

• jericho says:

There is a lot for them to do, but will they? Probably not. This show is NOT BMW. Its not on ABC, its on Disney, and while all of us adults who enjoy it because of the nostalgia and the fact we can share it with our young ones. We have to remember that Disney is a tween based channel and GMW, while it has evolved a bit since s1, is a show aimed at tween girls, not at the “entire family” that BMW was. There will be no college years. There won’t even be a high school graduation. So what is there to do a lot, but all of whats left to do is to make the friends into young adults, which they will never do.

• ~*SRK*~ says:

Disney owns ABC. And for all the other comments on here, Disney also owns Freeform.
          All the same company. Just different networks.

• Wanda Jean Freeze says:

To be honest….having worked with youth most of my life…I have learned that many make drastic changes in personality as they grow up. They discover their likes, dislikes, make new friends while other friendships fade, and learn to express themselves different as they learn how to deal with life and based on their individual experiences. I don’t mind how the characters evolve because that seems truer to life for me and is what I hope my kids realize. I hope they see that life changes and standing by friends through these changes can actually make some, and hopefully many, friendships stronger.

4. Michelle says:

OMG IT CANT END NOW

5. I’m no where near okay with it ending now. That would be a huge error on Disney’s part and almost makes the whole thing for nothing.

6. Rob says:

I don’t know why Freeform wouldn’t pick them up if Disney is done with them. It seems like Freeform would be the perfect place for the show to pick up as the characters move through High School and even into college. Am I crazy?

7. Lois says:

It’s definitely not ready to be over, they still have so much to learn before it’s truly Riley’s world! Plus, this show actually appeals to a demographic outside of Disney’s usual shows and I know so many people would be sad if it ended this soon.

8. datdudemurphy says:

Isn’t it pretty much the highest rated Disney show currently?
    I mean, I know Disney doesn’t care so much about ratings since they use mostly in house ads….but to pull the plug on a highly rated show makes little sense. Especially with as much critical love as it has gotten. Nominated for an Emmy again, I believe.

I dunno….

Maybe a move to Freeform?

9. F.A says:

If Disney cancels this show while going ahead with the show about that kid with a talking right hand, I swear I will throw things at the wall.
    Also, please don’t let this “major decision” be the conclusion of the love triangle. I’m so tired of it already.

10. iHeart says:

geez it I didn’t think it would end that soon, I didn’t know it was in trouble ratings wise (but considering they’re bringing more cameos in this may prove my theory that they only brought this show back for the PARENTS)

11. Melissa says:

I’ve always been worried about this. I love this show and would love to see it keep going for many seasons but I can’t think of a single Disney Channel show that had more than 4 seasons. And now that they’re in high school I think the themes would get a little too adult for Disney Channel. Maybe they can move it to ABC Family (I refuse to call it Freeform). I think that would be a better fit for it going forward!

12. im_a_rhino says:

ONE MORE SEASON!!!!

13. Baltimees says:

If Disney Channel cancels it, ABC Family, Hulu or Netflix should take it over.

GMW must follow BMW footsteps and last at least 7 seasons.

Also this show should get more mature as the characters are in high school.

14. I like this show I am 50 years old they say there is nothing good on and then when we like something off it goes makes fans so mad

15. David says:

As a former Boy Meets World fan, I was excited for Girl Meets World when it came out a few years ago. However, this new series has gotten in its own way too many times. EVERY episode is so heavy-handed with ridiculously unreal dialogue that tries so hard to hammer home a lesson. It’s nauseating! No 13-15 year-old ever speaks that philosophically. In addition, the drawn-out “triangle” which promised to be resolved in several episodes, is still teetering on a ‘will they? won’t they?’ trajectory that’s on a collision course with a black hole.

I understand BMW wasn’t always the most realistic show, but the lessons and the writing seemed much more organic. I don’t know if the “Disney-fied” version of Girl Meets World forced the writers to be more blatant with how they present things, but it’s dragged the show down from an impressive start in season 1.

I’d like more cameos from Shawn and other BMW characters (and definitely more storylines for Topanga…she’s pretty much been forgotten the past two season of the show), but I consider Rowan and Sabrina to be fine actresses who have been saddled with crappy scripts. If the show can move to Freeform and present a more realistic portrayal of high school problems (as ABC did for the original Boy Meets World), then the new characters can start to make an impact. But it’ll all depend on how the writers adapt. The writing has killed this show in its current form, so we’ll see if it can go on.

• Rob says:

Well the triangle is resolved now.

• Pamela says:

I agree with you 100%. I was disappointed with how the show turned out myself.

• Asia says:

Yeah, the writing on this show is terrible. It’s all very, ‘Look at how profound and philosophical we are’. I know for me that made the show overbearing and obnoxious. BMW for all its flaws was never like that. I don’t get why the writers are trying so hard. I wish they would stop taking themselves so seriously. I’m not holding my breath for the show to move to a different channel. ABC Family went as far as to change its name to Freeform to dissociate itself as a family channel. The comedies on that channel are raunchy as all out doors and GMW is very much a kid’s show in a way that even BMW wasn’t.

16. I like this show I am 50 years old and they always say Nothing good on when we like something here they come and take it off so I try anymore not to get to attached to a show because it will be cancelled

17. I’m surprised they’re done filming already when they are only almost a third of the way into airing season 3.

Maybe for seasons 4 thru 7 instead of moving to freeform ABC can bring back TGIF and It can go back to its 8:00pm or 8:30pm Friday Network slot.

18. john60476 says:

If Rowand Blanchard can stop talking about her sexuality and crap and act like a normal teenager,maybe the show would have a shot. But you know Disney. They know how to muck things up.

• 'A' says:

Please exit stage left with that rubbish.

• Eileen says:

I think that’s just how teenagers are nowadays. Hahaha. So caught up with making sure they’re accepting of everyone and terrified to step on anyones’ toes. They want to make sure everyone knows they care about everyone that they’re wiling to say they’re open to being with anyone, despite race or gender. Not that’s it’s horrible, but make up your minds people.

19. Michael says:

this show is not great. I hope it gets cancelled and then comes back with the focus on cory/Topanga/eric/shawn/turner/etc with only a minor story line about the kiddos

20. Sharon Powell says:

It can’t be over! Best show on tv! Please don’t let it be cancelled!

21. Joey Padron says:

Great news the actresses who played Morgan will finally be on the show! Glad other boy meets world actors will be returning for season 3 finale! Hope Disney doesn’t cancel the show. I want it to continue for more seasons!

22. Doug_Barone says:

If Disney cancels GMW Freeform should pick up the series for another season. Then it could be slightly edgier.

23. Carolyn DiCorcia says:

This show is so awesome and I really want lot of seasons keep it up

24. Tonya says:

I cant say for any other parent but my child has ASD. This show has helped me break down A LOT of the social issues she has and will go through. My daughter with Riley and the gang started middle school together. Each episode gives my child a chance to understand the weird social cues that life throws at her. I can pause the show to give better understanding. She literally gains huge social understanding through them. We are saving season 3 because Sept isn’t here yet for her. Don’t leave her hanging over the triangle love trio, over Maya’s artistic ability, or any other issue which arises. She hates not having closure, AND if we don’t reach their high school graduation it would truly suck. From a special needs parent.

25. Larry says:

To cancel this show for at least 4 more years would be one of the dumbest things a net work ever did, if Disney can’t: handel this they have other options over cancellation

26. Red says:

what about Frankie and Griff

27. A says:

As a die hard Boy Meets World fan I simply cannot handle the world if this TV universe ceases to exist again. I did it once and I can’t do it again. This show needs to continue until it spins off another show about Riley and Lucas’ kid. Disney you are running life itself if you cancel this show.

28. JT says:

with liv and maddie being over and k.c. undercover likely being on its way out as well, GMW is pretty much the only proven hit they have right now; they’d be crazy to cancel it.

i can’t imagine that that bizaardvark show is going to last long and the show about the kid and his talking hand? uh… nah u good.

i wouldn’t be opposed to a move to freeform, especially if that allowed the writers to take on storylines that are slightly more mature or handle the ones they do in more mature/real ways rather than just the shiny disney way. some of BMW’s best eps were the ones about serious issues, like cory getting drunk and shawn’s alcohol abuse, chet’s death, etc.

29. Wooster182 says:

If it moves to Freeform, I feel like it could go for 3 more seasons.

30. Curtis says:

Six seasons and a movie!

31. Liz says:

They only started high school! This show has so much more life to it. I hope DC does the right thing and brings it back. It’s the best show they’ve ever had. I love it.

32. Jennifer says:

So sad if it’s going to cancel, it’s one of the few shows that we can watch as a family. It’s quality enough to keep the adults interested as well as the children. It doesn’t belittle or poke fun at adults, parents or traditional family values. One of the few quality shows out there. I’d be disappointed in our entertainment society if it’s canceled.

33. Melanie says:

I hope you do not end girl meets world.It’s one of a few family series me and my family watch.Girl meets world is Friday night family.Thank you

34. Maria G. says:

Why is the always the inocent and pure shows ends? In today’s world we need shows that gives a good incentives for families to stay together, and to look for friends, like “girl meets world”!!!!!!

35. Jim says:

Are the ratings not good? I would be shocked if this gets cancelled. I’d expect a major internet backlash that would save the show in some form. If it’s no longer a good fit for Disney channel then they can find another platform for it, like Freeform as some have suggested. That’s what corporate synergy is all about.

36. Lluvia Varos says:

More season

37. Ally says:

U guys is not the series finale is season finale of season 3 so, there is going to be a season 4 that’s wat I think. I think the show will still go on. 😀

38. Ozzie Mest says:

My wife & I love the show and look forward to each week. This should keep carrying on just like the original Boy Meets World. Let the characters keep evolving and growing.

39. Denise Hickey says:

Girl Meets World is a great family show. Disney really needs to keep this going. Why is it that networks take all of the good shows off? Girl Meets World could really run for a long time. I think everyone would like to see Riley and Lucas together, Maya with a guy whose personality is alot like hers and we would love to see Shawn and Katy’s life together. Let Shawn have his happily ever after and let the viewers see it. There is so much more to see of Girl Meets World. Don’t cancel the show.

40. Yoko says:

Why does Disney do this?! All the good shows only last 3-4 seasons.

41. Kate A says:

Riarkle.

42. Harvey Specter says:

They just show the season finale? Eight episodes of the season have aired. Season 2 was 30 episodes. How many episodes are in this season?

43. Ellie says:

I hope they get a season 4 because this show is amazing and is nominated for another Emmy.

44. krayolad says:

WTH is this? They need to be saying TWO MORE SEASONS!!!!Im so sick of this 4 season rule disney keeps serving us with! Have GMW be the first disney show to break that rule and give the show a 4th and 5th season

45. Ram510 says:

That’s sounds like too many people crammed into 1 episode. It’s probably going to be quick 2 second cameos

46. Pink says:

Hell no they need continue Girl Meets World with many many season better not be the last season or I be freakin pissed off!!!!

47. Matt says:

keep girl meets world on tv don’t cancel

48. Trista yawn says:

I hope they make more season I love this show

49. Gina Gamba says:

Let’s be honest, there are only sow many places Girl Meets World can go on the Disney Channel, a channel marketed to kids up to pre-teens. A move to Freeform might be the only way it can keep going after this season. Riley and the others are growing up and will have to face more mature issues. They won’t be able to that with its current placement. Boy Meets World at least had a prime slot on TGIF in its Hey-day. That gave it a lot of freedom to grow with its audience.

50. jessica says:

I would like more seasons, but i think it would do better if it switched to freeform as they would have more wiggle room to do more mature subjects.