Turn Ending

Turn Renewed for Fourth, Final Season

The revolution will be televised… for one more season.

AMC has renewed Turn: Washington’s Spies for a fourth (and final) outing, the network announced Tuesday. The 10-episode season will air in 2017.

The drama, which premiered in June 2014, follows a group of childhood friends-turned-spies who formed the Culper Ring, which played a major role in the American Revolutionary War.

“I am so pleased to be able to bring the story of the Culper Ring to its epic conclusion, at the point where the revolutionary war ends and the great American experiment truly begins,” says showrunner Craig Silverstein. “This series has been a joy to work on thanks to Barry Josephson, Alexander Rose, our sexy writing staff, brilliant crew, and dream team cast. I am also thrilled to continue to work with AMC, who had the passion and courage to put Turn: Washington’s Spies on the air and support our effort. I eagerly look forward to our future adventures together.”

Are you disappointed to see Turn come to an end, or are you ready to close this chapter of American history? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Katie_Mead says:

Huzzah!

2. KLS says:

The blind item list (young drama getting the plug, ala Penny Dreadful) is getting shorter!

3. VJ says:

Yeah, that’s great! I was hoping so much that they would get a final season.

4. hello says:

Wow, what an awesome surprise. I expected that it would be cancelled

5. Missy Kelly says:

Cannot understand why this show does not get Emmy love! It is so good!

• Shaun says:

It’s alright,not very strong acting though.

• Chaosrainz says:

Seriously?! Jamie Bell and Samuel Roukin rock their parts.
        And there should be a special wardrobe Emmy for Seth Numrich’s Continental Army uniform trousers. 😈😍

• Barbara says:

Okay so I am NOT the only one who noticed that Ben Tallmadge’s trousers seem to have had some ‘shrinkage’ especially in Season 3. This is not a complaint.
          Have to disagree with Shaun. I feel this is the strongest cast overall on any TV show. I love J J Feild, Burn Gorman and Jamie Bell and even the actresses are strong plus play strong women – especially like Idara Victor, Heather Lind and esp Ksenia Solo who is the most beautiful woman on any current show.

• Lisa says:

I actually think Ian Kahn’s portrayal of Washington is amazing. It’s so different from anyone else and pretty amazing. Overall, the acting is amazing.

• JR says:

I agree completely. Kahn’s portrayal of Washington has set the bar so high that I can’t see another actor taking on the role after this.

• JR says:

I agree. It would be hard to single out one actor, they’re all excellent, but for the Emmys to bypass this show is a shame.

6. mmbar42 says:

Well, a 10 episode arc to wind-up the Revolution… seems like a tight schedule. They’re a super talented bunch and they’ll pull it off. I’m so grateful we were given another season! Happy dance here!!

7. Jason says:

I always like to see a show end on it’s own terms. Turn always seemed destined for a short run and given that we know how it ends, it’s best not to draw it out. The fact that AMC has remained committed to it was a pleasant surprise.

8. Drew says:

OK, this is good news. I’m king of in love with Jamie Bell, so I get another season with him and then can look forward to him in a new project.
    I’m also wondering if we really saw the last of John Simcoe, because I’m sooooooo looking forward to him getting his due. John Andre hanged but Simcoe walked. That’s an injustice I hope is remedied.

9. Frank Mitch says:

Give us more like this

10. Lisa says:

I so LOVE this show! I’m happy to hear it will be back for another season…bummed that it’s the last but at least they will be able to wrap up everything.

11. Imagecrafters says:

Brilliant show. I’m glad they’ll be able to bring it to its conclusion! I love the cast and writing! Thanks for the renewal!

12. PlayballK says:

I’m happy to hear it’s been renewed. I was kind of wondering how much longer it would go because it’s getting close to the point in the Revolutionary War where the War turns south and the Culper Spy Ring was less effective.

13. RachelC says:

This show is SO underrated. I can’t wait for this last season!!!

14. drhenning says:

I am so happy with this news.. this show has been getting better and better… I do wonder however, where is Ichabod Crane?? On Sleepy Hollow, he interfaced and knew our founding fathers.. George Washington knew of the secret supernatural place as well.. ha ha… Anyway, I hoped AMC would give us a final season and show the capture of Arnold and how Simcoe lives?? Also what happens to our heroes..

15. Frank Mitchell Reeves says:

Sorry to see American Spies come to an end,but am thankful for at least one more season.Extremely entertaining for me,mainly because I so enjoyed the study of U.S. history about the revolution in middle school.The actor for Washington,G. was great,just what I thought Washington would be.After watching Spencer Tracy,(actor),in Northwest Passage,I thought the actor was good,but had different thoughts about what kind of person Rogers would be.Super show,thanks.

16. michael dobey says:

this is a fantastic show. I would have hoped for five seasons. However, amc at least sticks with most shows. Unlike a and e. which axes even successful shows. The acting on this show is outstanding and we get to see our British roots made flesh. I was worried that this wouldn’t have a ending. So lets be thankful for a fourth and final season. the lead actor is going to have a great future imo.

17. Solution Berkley says:

I love this show…I actually had a creeper reading this because I am a mark for anything US history related…And boy oh boy how I have fell in love with Ms. Shippen (Ksenia Solo)

18. Ron says:

Really gonna miss this show. I look forward to watching it every week. Great acting…great story line…great wardrobe…just plain great.

19. Linda Fakhouri says:

Love TURN and watch reruns on Netflix. Can’t wait for season four. I can’t understand why this show hasn’t won an Emmy ! The actors, sets, costumes, everything to do with this series is top shelf! The writing and dialogue is so natural and believable. It’s wonderful to see how our nation began. Makes you proud to be an American! I hope to be able to say that after the November election! And the acting is superb! Will the actor playing Simcoe ever play a good guy? He’s a WONDERFUL villain. They’re all great…terrific cast.

20. Anna Smith Strong says:

I’m curious how the director is going to reconcile Simcoe knowing about Abraham Woodhall, especially after Abe missed the hangman’s death knot by seconds

21. Rhonda Lee says:

Disappointed that series will not continue after season 4

22. Deb Ellsworth says:

I’d like to see it till the end.

23. Fred Harvey says:

My wife and really enjoyed the series. Sorry to hear it is ending and eagerly awaiting the continuation of the series so we can complete the last season. Wish it would continue not some fashion.

24. Cheryl Cunha says:

A great show with great actors. I have really learned a lot about this important part of history. Growing up in Boston, This is of great importance to our family. We would love to see more!

25. Doug Rogers says:

I’m thrilled Turn will be returning for a final season. It is one of the best portrayals on our history that I’ve seen. Excellent cast, terrific acting, writing and costume design. I can’t remember a show that I looked forward to more every week than Turn. Everyone involved should be applauded for one of best TV series ever. 10 out of 10 stars!