Pretty Little Liars Poll: Should Aria Accept Ezra's Proposal?

Warning: The following post attempts to apply real-world logic to Pretty Little Liars.

As promised, last week’s episode delivered an “unexpected proposal,” with Ezra Fitz getting down on one knee and asking Aria Montgomery to spend the rest of her life with him. But because PLL is pulling its darkest move yet — making us wait until Aug. 2 for Aria’s answer — we figured we’d spend the off-week weighing the pros and cons of any potential decision.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’ve believed in the endgame-ness of “Ezria” ever since the star-crossed bookworms first hooked up in the bathroom at Snookers. For the sake of the cause, I’m even willing to overlook the fact that Ezra only even met Aria because he was stalking the Liars in order to write a book about Alison’s disappearance.

But even with my full support behind Aria and Ezra as a couple, I still have to cast my vote for “no” — or at least “not yet.”

Whether they realize it or not — and I suspect they do — the Liars are in more trouble than they’ve ever been, with the police on the hunt for Elliott’s killer, Mary Drake remaining all kinds of sketchy, and a parade of familiar faces returning to town as “Uber A” suspects. Simply put, this is not the time to be making a major emotional decision, and it’s certainly not a good idea to form a bond that could be threatened by a potential enemy, of which the Liars have many. Plus, I just can’t shake the nagging feeling that we haven’t seen the last of Ezra’s presumed-dead girlfriend Nicole.

Of course, it’s for these very reasons that I have to assume Aria will say yes to Ezra. After all, what could be more dramatic than a wedding threatened by (1) a sociopathic serial stalker, or (2) the unexpected return of the only other woman Ezra loved? (Jackie and Maggie aside, of course.)

What do you think, PLL Nation? Should Aria throw caution to the wind and accept Ezra’s proposal, or should she — and I know this is a crazy concept — take some time to figure out the right decision? Cast your vote below, then drop a comment with your reasoning.

1. Beckers0505 says:

Still my favorite couple!!! Love them. Don’t care what anyone says! ;)

2. spindae2 says:

U know the answer Andy, HeLL NO! Worst Pll couple ever. So forced and terribly written. -_-
    Or maybe yes and write them off into the sunset so 7B would be more enjoyable.

3. Sasha says:

I say yes because they are amazing together and they always end up going back to each other they are made to be somi say hell yes.xx

4. Belle says:

So any guesses on what Noel Khan is doing back in Rosewood? Anyone excited about this?

5. Jasmine Reyes says:

I say yess!!!! There a really cute couple and no matter what the situation is there always going back to together !!

6. mamawalrus says:

i don’t understand why people love them so much. he’s a teacher who hooked up with his student.. am i the only one who finds that utterly wrong?

• Laura says:

No you are not, I specifically quit this show because I could not BELIEVE that they were glorifying this relationship. And I’m more than a little disturbed that people are just ‘ok’ with this portrayal of star-crossed lovers when it’s closer to statutory rape. But I suppose it’s ok because he’s hot (SMH)

• mooshki says:

If Lucy Hale had been, or had looked anything like a mid-teenager when they started dating I wouldn’t have been okay with it, but the fact that she was obviously an adult made me not concerned with the technicalities of the character’s age.

• Laura says:

I’m sure that’s of great comfort to parents of kids who are preyed upon by their teachers: “but s/he didn’t look or act their age”. You just gave the oldest excuse of statutory rape, congratulations. Yes, I understand this is a show… a show young girls watch that seems to romanticize a relationship between an underage girl and her teacher. I don’t care how hot he is or how old she looks, he is in a position of authority and it. is. illegal. There is no excuse for PLL to be glorifying this.

• mooshki says:

It. is. a TV show. A lot of us can tell the difference between reality and television. That was my point. The reality is that she was an adult. The rest was just one more ridiculous thing in the midst of a ridiculous show. I also haven’t freaked out about all the murder and mayhem on the show, because it isn’t real.

• Belle says:

So until watching this show none of you knew anyone who had a questionable relationship with a teacher? Come on, it happens more than you guys must realize. BTW, at least they (Aria & Ezra) didn’t have “relations” until a couple seasons in. Sure in Rosewood time it was only 9 months or so when they did, and Ezra was only 22 fresh out of college…he wasn’t all that much older. Aria was 17 when they met, so it’s not all that icky and wrong.

7. Linda says:

Just wondering why the two week break when season just started not happy about that

8. Starwen says:

What I can’t understand is why Aria didn’t say YES inmediately… They’re my favourite characters and the best couple in the show, they must be together since minute one. So I hope she’ll say yes!!!

9. Spence says:

She might as well just marry him. He’s already ruined her teenage years and now her young adult life. Just don’t be surprised when he cheats on her with another 16 year old! Pedophiles gonna pedophile, it’s what they do.

10. Ginger says:

Yes so Ezra can’t be compelled to testify against Aria when the whole”burying a dead body” thing comes to light.

11. BrianR says:

Until they all get carry permits and guns then Not Yet. Otherwise my only qualm is still the teacher student thing. All these girls need personal defense training with any and all weapons and should never go anywhere alone and always make sure the door is jammed open.

12. Radha says:

As far as I’m concerned, this show has ALWAYS toed the line of inappropriate relationships between teenage girls and grown men. Ezra, Garrett, Wren, Ian, Wilden and Jason to name a few.

13. Marco Piazzo says:

I think the Dr. Cox NO monologue from Scrubs applies here. These two don’t belong together story-wise (did we forget he’s a creep who seduced Aria to write a book on her friend’s disappearance, which he surprisingly PUBLISHED without getting arrested? And all his stalking room in Ravenswood?), for the good of the show (whenever they’re together, they have useless subplots that stop the show’s pace DEAD and contribute NOTHING, and Aria becomes Algernon at the beginning of the story when he’s in the episode, as the recent run quickly proved IN THE PREMIERE when Aria forgot all about her friend in danger as soon as she heard a song that reminded her of the creep), and just because they should’ve ended SO LONG AGO, like they did in the books (one good thing that Marlene SHOULD’VE used instead of indulging in her twin fetish).

14. Ali says:

I think they make a cute couple and they should get married. They have came along way and have been through a lot together. He is always there for her when she needs someone. Who could ask for anything more ?

15. Angela says:

I love the show and I say yes marry him. It’s t.v. not real life

16. gossip queen101 says:

Who was sad when aria montegomery and Liam broke up???
    Well now aria might be getting engaged to her high school boyfriend who was also her English teacher!! I honestly hope she says yes to Ezra he was Always there for her while Liam didn’t know anything about A the sicopath stalker, well I’m still wondering who is A this season???? Till NXT time, gossipqueen101