BrainDead Ratings

Ratings: Sunday BrainDead Hits Lows

CBS’ BrainDead christened its new Sunday home with 2.3 million total viewers and a 0.3 demo rating, ticking down from its most recent, Monday outing to mark series lows.

(A Madam Secretary rerun teed up the freshman drama with 2.9 mil/0.5, versus the 4 mil/0.6 that a Scorpion rerun led into it with on July 10.)

Opening the Eye’s night, Big Brother (6.3 mil/1.9) rose to Sunday highs for this cycle.

Over on ABC, Celebrity Family Feud (7.5 mil/1.4) and Match Game (5.5 mil/1.1) each ticked down, while $100,000 Pyramid (6.7 mil/1.4) was steady.

NBC’s Ninja Warrior rerun did 2.5 mil and a 0.7.

1. dan says:

Too bad about BrainDead. I’m finding it funnier as each week goes by. The whole premise is silly (ants from an asteroid invading peoples’ brains) and the Washington DC antics are clearly exaggerated (but probably not much), so the quirky factor is high which intrigues me. I really like the lead actors and the whole ensemble has gelled. However, I missed The Cars in last night’s episode! Too bad it probably won’t make a second season (and may not finish out this first season if the numbers keep dropping).

2. sunshine says:

Sunday is a terrible night for this show, Monday worked fine for me. All the top shows need to have Sunday space and my vcr can’t take this too.

3. kate says:

That is too bad about Braindead, I thought the move to Sundays was actually going to be good, just some silliness at the end of the weekend. I sort of hope that CBS has the same faith it does, or maybe just lower standards in the summer that it seems to, so if there is more story, it can be told (though I could see if this was designed as a limited event series, like, they are going to figure it out). I sometimes wonder when the numbers come in though, Preacher went over the time allotted, so I was watching my recording.

4. Virginia Matteson says:

I think Braindead is a hoot. Love it!

5. Tracy says:

Waiting too long between episodes kills the momentum especially since the show is getting better each week.

CBS was stupid to move it in the first place as many people weren’t aware of the move in the first place. I have faith they’ll let this season play out but I just think it’s too quirky for a square network like CBS.

6. Doug Henning says:

I too enjoy this show but it’s quirky premise probably turned off people… A terrific cast and decent scripts but probably too late… A shame really… MEW has been just great and is my latest favorite…

7. KLS says:

I think that this show is a perfect example of a new show needing great eps 1-2 in order to build it’s audience. They had people curious enough at the beginning because of the Kings were behind it, but the premiere was weak and ep 2 couldn’t keep most people coming back. But, who knows? Summer TV is so unpredictable, regular rules/patterns don’t always apply.

8. sarah says:

Worst thing that happens to a new show is getting it’s night changed. If people can’t find it they can’t watch it. I love this show. It’s silly and very funny. Has terrific actors. I wouldn’t be a bit
    surprised if screw worms weren’t the reason for the idiocy that goes on in D.C. in real life.

9. Preacher Book says:

I am not surprised at the ratings drop as I only knew of the Sunday night move by total accident. I just figured they wanted to keep playing it despite the Democratic convention coverage. I love this show. So absolutely weird and surreal. My wife constantly complains she’s totally confused by it.

10. Erica says:

Maybe it’s because my DVR didn’t catch the recording.

11. Terry says:

I didn’t want to like this show, because I was still mad at the Kings over The Good Wife’s finale. I almost quit half way through the first episode, but I stuck with it and now I can’t wait for it to come on each week. Hopefully CBS will let them finish this and really it should be a one and done season anyway. It is funny, inventive, and some great characters, not to mention the intro each week.

12. ADAIR says:

The first problem with the Sunday move is that it started 40 minutes late and the DVR only got a partial recording. What’s up with that, CBS? Are there ants in the pants of the programming overlords? The actors are so enjoyable in this show, I forgive the credibility gaps (having aliens on the brain is not the worst theory for this election season). And with Orphan Black on hiatus, where else can we find sci-fi with a sense of humor, a dash of sex, and smart, savvy scripts??