Alicia Silverstone

Alicia Silverstone to Lead TV Land Comedy Pilot American Woman, Inspired by the Life of Kyle Richards

Alicia Silverstone‘s next small-screen role puts the “real” in Real Housewives.

The Clueless star has been tapped to lead TV Land’s single-camera comedy pilot American Woman, inspired by the life of Kyle Richards, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Silverstone will play Bonnie Nolan, a woman struggling to raise her two daughters after finding the courage to leave her husband in the 1970s. Per the description, Bonnie “sets out to claim her own brand of independence in a world not ready to give it.”

Writer John Riggi will executive-produce, with Richards attached as a co-executive producer. John Wells Productions and Warner Horizon Television will also produce.

Your thoughts on American Woman and Silverstone’s casting? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. AnnieM says:

No, thank you.

2. AnnieM says:

Actually, isn’t this just a reboot of ‘One Day At a Time’? ’cause it sure sounds like it.

3. Shaun says:

Heh,both Chers from Clueless are on TV now :p

4. Bella says:

I can’t see this one lasting long.

5. rowan77 says:

So how is this like Kyle Richard’s life? According to her wikipedia page, she was 20 when she left her husband in 1990 – who was by all accounts a really nice, sweet man. Two years later they amicicably divorced and tow years after that she met her current husband. I’m not seeing the correlation between her and a 39 year old Alicia Silverstone. Like AnnieM said above, this sounds more like it was inspired by Norman Lear’s One Day At A Time.

6. Ron says:

It’s like they read my mind. I’ve been saying forever that there NEEDS to be a TV show based on the life of Kyle Richards. *eyeroll*
    Yeah, hard pass. Thanks, but no thanks. Not that my opinion matters at all, but strike two was Alicia Silverstone. She really annoys me for some reason.

7. lrdslvrhnd says:

Reading this, I had two thoughts:
    1) “A single woman named Bonnie raising two daughters in the ’70s, gee, this sounds familiar…” (Yes, I conflated actress and character names for a minute.)
    2) “Who the *bleep* is Kyle Richards, and why should I give half a damn about her life?”

8. Boston2AZ says:

Seriously? Isn’t it enough that TV is littered (conscious word choice) with these “reality stars” and their IQ lowering shows? Now they are going to make scripted TV shows about their lives? Please. Stop.

9. Marco says:

Will this show Kyle getting cast in the 1978 Halloween movie?

10. Teddy T says:

I’ll watch anything Alicia Silverstone is in! I look forward to it.

11. Kathy Albright says:

We already had this show and it was called “One Day At A Time”. Who is this Klye lady and why would care about her life ? I give it a few episodes before it gets the cancelled.

• J Future says:

I wish people would get over themselves. Let’s see this play out at least before everyone starts jumping on the “hate wagon”. Seems like nowadays people just want to hate. Do yourself a favor and just relax.