Comic-Con

Video: Yvette Nicole Brown Reacts to Rihanna's Bates Motel Casting, Shares Heartfelt Garry Marshall Remembrance

Anyone who follows Yvette Nicole Brown on social media knows that the recent death of Garry Marshall hit the Odd Couple actress hard. Well, during a Q&A with me at TVLine’s Comic-Con studio presented by ZTE over the weekend, the Community vet — fighting back tears — explained in heartbreaking detail why the beloved TV/film vet’s passing left her so shattered.

“[He] was with us at every table read [and] at every taping,” she told me of Marshall, who developed the original Odd Couple and served as a producer on CBS’ reboot. “If we did a joke and it didn’t land, Garry was in the huddle [suggesting alternate] jokes. He was an amazing man, who was super-famous and super-successful but he never stopped being loved… Garry Marshall was love.”

My interview with the self-professed TV junkie also touched on far more trivial topics, like Rihanna’s recent casting as Marion Crane on Bates Motel (a piece of news I sprung on her live on camera) and the identity of Negan’s victim on The Walking Dead.

1. Diane says:

Well I have tears.

2. Lysh says:

Aw, I just want to jump in and hug her. Love YNB.

3. Brian says:

That was a really nice tribute from her.

RIP Garry

4. bluji says:

She cares so much about everything – whether it’s hyping amazing TV series or talking about a notable death in the TV/movie community – and that is something we need more of from everyone. Love YNB, love the interview.

5. Joey Padron says:

Great interview with Yvette. Hope you give her a hug after the interview. I would have. She’s a great tv fan and an awesome women.

6. Whatevah says:

Awe. I’ve got something in my eye. What a great testament to Garry Marshall.

7. Rob says:

I think we can all agree that YNB is the most delightful person to ever grace us with her gifts!

8. Ron says:

YNB is literally one of my favorite people! I need her on my TV more, because she’s just so delightful. I’ve been advocating for years (and I’ll continue to do so until it happens) that Yvette and Retta just need a show together where they sit around and talk about various TV shows. I would watch the hell out of that show. I’m in love with how much the both of them are in love with TV. I know they’re both busy with their own shows and stuff, but come on, sitting around and talking about the week in TV wouldn’t take much time…

9. Belinda says:

The tribute was very fitting, I really enjoyed the show. I watched both the old and the new Odd Couple, he always made me laugh. Thanks Gary.