Comic-Con

The Flash Season 3 Trailer: Barry/Iris 'Meet' Again, Billionaire Cisco, a New Speedster and More Flashpoint Insanity

The Season 3 trailer for The CW’s The Flash was revealed on Saturday at the San Diego Comic-Con, and things are certainly looking verrrrrrry”Flashpoint”-y.

COMIC-CON 2016 Exclusive Videos, Casting News, Scoop and More

For the uninitiated, Flashpoint was a massive DC Comics library “reboot” facilitated by Barry’s trip back in time to save his mother. After doing so, he wakes up back in Central City, confused by the changes to the world that he gradually lays witness to. For one, Barry doesn’t have his powers.

Indeed, as seen in the trailer above, Barry and Iris have never met, Joe is no familial father figure, Cisco is the richest man in America and the resident speedster is Wally West aka Kid Flash!

As such, you can’t fault Barry for sensing that something just ain’t right!

Last month, Flash star Grant Gustin tweeted out the Season 3 premiere title, “Flashpoint,” declaring: “This is not a drill.” He then added, “We’re definitely doing this [Flashpoint] thing our own way…. This will be its own thing.”

New for Season 3 is Harry Potter vet Tom Felton, playing Julian Dorn, a fellow CSI at the Central City Police Department who suspects there’s more to Barry than just his good guy reputation, while one disclosed twist finds Wally West suiting up as the speedster Kid Flash.

Want more scoop on The Flash, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Robin says:

Very exciting trailer! Anxious for season 3! Love WestAllen, but also all of the relationships. Great job on trailer!

2. Holy moly I am in love

3. Willy Dramatica says:

Great trailer. I am amped for this new season!

4. Joey Padron says:

The trailer for new season looks really good. Good to see both of Barry’s parents. Cool to see Wally as Kid Flash! Surprised Cisco is a billionaire. Nice to see Barry and Iris meet for first time but sad he and Joe don’t get along. Good to see Reserve Flash again which will set him up for
    Legends new season. So excited to watch new season this October!

5. Gail says:

Great trailer but this is the 3rd time Barry has lost his powers in 3 years. No Harrison Wells in trailer but I am guessing it will be Earth 1 Dr Wells who will be in Flashpoint since Reverse Flash has his original face. I also guess there won’t be a Citizen Cold if Captain Cold is part of the Legion of Doom on Legends of Tomorrow. Unless The Flash’s timeline will somehow be unrelated to Arrow and Legends.

6. David Finucane says:

So Bare dors have his powers?

• David Finucane says:

So Barry Does have his powers?*

• Gail says:

Per a later article apparently yes he does have powers. Not sure if it is super speed.

“When the premiere opens, Barry has been “living in that blind bliss” with both of his parents in the “Flashpoint” world, even though he has his memories of the other timeline, and was still zapped by the particle accelerator.”

From trailer looks like he has Cisco’s power. Looks like he vibes and sees the name Alchemy, who is one of the season’s villains.

• Gail says:

Also the fact that he remembers the other timeline is something Vibe can do and implies that is Barry’s power. From the clip it appears that Wally is in the hospital and in a coma. That would seem to suggest that Wally has taken Barry’s place in the timeline and is the only hero speedster in the new timeline. Its fun to speculate even if my guesses prove to be wrong.

7. JCPrime1 says:

So no info on Caitlin at all? Wow.

• kc says:

I keep looking for info on her too maybe her role is a juicy secret role I feel like they are wasting her talent but i will try to remain optimistic

8. MangoMagic says:

Man, Flash! Back at it again with the hyped trailer. I am beyond ready for season 3! I’m so eager to see how the EPs recreate Flashpoint. From what I can tell, it already looks great from all points. Cisco as a prickly millionaire is giving me so much life.

9. Daniel snow says:

I don’t know why but I’m not excited. But I don’t think it’s bad either.

10. Lina says:

Well, at least we can try to forget the mess that was every episode after Escape From Earth 2…. With the addition of Tom Felton and this jazzy trailer I think I will watch Season 3 live, after all.

11. neko9786 says:

But is Eddie alive again?

12. Kingsley says:

That is interesting,but can’t wait for Barry to have his powers back. Live the show 😁

13. keenen says:

So will Flashpoint last the whole year, or just some of the episodes? If so, how many?

14. kath says:

Nice to see they listened to the criticism that siblings Barry and Iris are yucky in a love relationships.

The reboot has potential. But I wish it hadn’t infected Arrow too. Why is it that all the plotty plots on The Flash spill over into Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, but never the other way around?

15. Tony says:

Very excited! Granted, that’s what a trailer is supposed to do. Get you excited. But The Flash has been one of my favorite shows this past two seasons.

16. aura says:

Everything looks awesome, I’m loving finally seeing Nora, not being killed and Henry out of prison. It will certainly be fun to see this new version of Barry and Iris, my man Cisco looks and sounds like the douchest billionaire ever but I’m sure its going to be so funny and full of high jinks, oh and did someone say Wally West, I’m super pumped for all of it. We’re also getting two big bads for the duration of the season (wonder if that is the new thing that’s not been done before one of the producers eluded to earlier on this month) Overall this season looks and sounds like it will be epic and full of all my fave things. I just pray to god there are no more erased Barry and Iris moments or moments that Barry gets to experience and remember but she doesn’t, his has gone on for long enough.

17. paul groenewald says:

great trailer.cant wait to see season 3

18. Duncan says:

What about the black racer?