Comic-Con

The Walking Dead Releases Season 7 Trailer (Gloating Negan! King Ezekiel!) and Sets Premiere Date

Eeny, meeny, miny, uh-oh.

Well into our endless summer of speculating about the identity of Negan’s victim in the Season 6 finale of The Walking Dead, the show has dropped what is likely to be the biggest clue we’re going to get: the Season 7 trailer.

The video not only The Walking Dead Ezekielcruelly hints at how hard hit we’ll be by our imminent loss, it gives us our first look at King Ezekiel — played by Khary Payton, previously best known as a voice actor — and his pet tiger! In addition, the AMC juggernaut announced during its Comic-Con panel Friday that its season premiere will air Sunday, Oct. 23, at 9/8.

As in years past, the season will be split in two, with eight episodes airing in the fall and the remaining eight when the show returns from its winter break in February 2017.

COMIC-CON 2016 Exclusive Videos, Casting News, Scoop and More

Press PLAY on the trailer above to find out if it gives you any new ideas about the character who Negan said was “takin’ it like a champ” in the Season 6 finale, then hit the comments with your hopes/fears for Season 7.

1. Bleech says:

Interesting (but not surprising) that they did not show anybody from the group that is in front of Negan in this preview. Outside the montage at the beginning of course. They focused more on the new characters, and Morgan, Carol, Jesus and Spencer. LAME!!!!

2. Sharron says:

That preview gave me chills! And I teared up! Every time I think that this show has stopped effecting me, it proves me wrong. I can’t wait!

3. Brian says:

You know a show is bad-ass when it’s trailer can just feature 3rd & 4th tier characters and you’re still excited afterwards.

4. MisterF says:

I can’t freaking wait!!!

Who ever they kill off it will be a character I liked and cared about one way or another so either way it will be hard to watch.

I also got excited about the end.. Bout time they give Tara some more screentime. She’s been the underdog so long… I’m rooting for her!

P.s. That’s one pretty tiger

5. MissEllys says:

Fine, I admit it. It looks awesome. Lots of cool new characters.

6. Joey Padron says:

The trailer for new season looks good. Good to see Tara and Heath in the trailer. Hope they’ll be ok on their own.

7. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Oooh Sh*t….that was good trailer.Tara and Heath better get their asses back to Alexandria, King Ezekiel and that TIGER yes yes! I want Negan and his camp DEAD…..but I know that’s going to be a while just some wishful thinking. Hurry up October!

8. Laura says:

SHIVA!!!!!!!! While I’m still sore at Gimple & Co. for their bungling of the season finale, I will forgive them if they get The Kingdom/Hilltop/Saviors storyline right.

9. ann says:

Okay, so who has analyzed this video and figured it all out?

10. abz says:

I hope this season is an improvement with the addition of Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I’ve become quite bored with the show. It’s just not as exciting as the first couple seasons. I don’t need action scenes or something big to happen every minute, but this past season a lot of the episodes felt excessively slow and boring. Felt like the majority of all the episodes were just endless walking and talking. Honestly part of me doesn’t care too much who Negan kills because nothing is that shocking anymore. They always kill someone off for shock value or fake it like with Glenn. I only hope it’s not Carol or Darryl. I hope they get rid of Morgan. The Morgan-centric episodes are always so incredibly boring and I hate that they keep giving him screen time.

11. Amy says:

I’m still annoyed we don’t know who Negan killed but glad to see Carol is still among the living.

• AnnieM says:

For anyone who really wants to know who Negan most likely killed (b/c they haven’t been seen on set since shortly after filming on the new season began in early May), you can find out on the Spoiling Dead Fans webpage or Facebook page. If you don’t want to know, don’t go there. *shrug*

12. Stefan says:

What impressed me most is they managed to make an unbelievably awesome trailer without even having the core characters in it so as to preserve the cliffhanger. That’s just WOW!

13. Andy says:

Why can’t I view this in the UK? Half the cast are from here for god’s sake!

14. Casey Clark says:

I think that Negan will be eaten by Ezekiel’s Tiger just saying that would be badass just crunch crunch crunch!