Wayward Pines Season 2 Ratings

Ratings: Wayward Pines Audience Slips to an All-Time Low

Fox’s Wayward Pines this Wednesday drew 2.1 million total viewers and a 0.7 rating, holding steady in the demo while ticking down 11 percent to its smallest audience ever.

Opening Fox’s night, MasterChef (3.8 mil/1.2) was up a tenth.

Elsewhere….

CBS | Big Brother (5.5 mil/1.7) dipped 10 percent and a tenth week-to-week, while American Gothic (2.5 mil/0.6) hit an audience low but ticked up in the demo.

THE CW | Penn & Teller (1.2 mil/0.3) and Whose Line (1.1 mil/0.3) each slipped a tenth in the demo.

NBC | America’s Got Talent (10.2 mil/2.2) slipped 14 percent and two tenths week-to-week.

The Big 3’s coverage of the Republican National Convention totaled 9.8 million viewers and a 2.2 demo rating, on par with Night 2.

1. RedReddington says:

That twist ending of Wayward Pines though. 🙈🙊😷
    As much as this season has struggled, I’d still like there to be a season 3. What are the chances?

2. readenreply says:

my bad, all eps sitting in my DVR waiting for a binge watch

3. Wayward’s big problem is that they basically told the same story twice now, Season 2 should’ve been about proceeding past things, which the ending of Season 1 made difficult, with the 1st gen winning, but not impossible(it’s why it should’ve stayed a brilliant 1 season event, and not a summer-series, because it lost a lot in s02).

They spend way too much time trying to humanize Jason, and the new ‘hero’ still isn’t exactly sure what he should do, so he spend more than half the season pouting, and whining, it’s a hot mess, which is a shame, having a new Mini-Series of 10 episodes, of a new story, would’ve been much better.

4. rahajicho says:

I stopped watching Wayward Pines after season one because they marketed it as a “limited series event,” I didn’t realize that meant “will renew if ratings are decent.”

The story wasn’t worth revisiting.

• xyz says:

Totally agree with that. Reminds me of how I felt about under the dome. Should have stopped after the first run.

5. HAP says:

Wayward Pines on Rotten Tomatoes-

Season one 79%, season two 58%

6. jr. says:

I’d like it if that guy who defrosted every thousand years or so, to see how things were in the world, had at time in our extreme future, he captured and put on ice a genius inventor ( scientist ), who he now could unfreeze. Then this guy with futuristic knowledge of machines etc,, could help these backward WP people advance. Perhaps he could even acknowledge that future earthlings, have a huge spacestation in orbit. And he could help contact them.

7. Britt says:

I like this season better. Season 1 made me mad because it made no sense and to me, it wasn’t clear if they are really telling the truth about being in the future.
    Coins and no talking about the past.

8. Tammy Gargon says:

Are ratings based on just the percentage watched on night aired or are the streaming devises such as hulu included.
    I love the show but only watch it on hulu.

9. Officer Moore says:

I stumbled onto this last week and I’ve been binge watching it on Hulu ever since. I really hope it’s not cancelled😔

10. denise says:

I couldn’t watch wayward Pines because Direct TV dropped Channel WSVN 7 due to contract issues. So maybe thats why there ratings were low since people could not watch it.

11. Viola Boykin says:

Wayward Pines was down because of convention. I love this show!!!!