Comic-Con

Scorpion Cast Talks 'Outer Space' Trip, Happy's Familiar Hubby in Season 3

Scorpion is ready for takeoff — quite literally — in Season 3.

The show’s cast teased a trip to outer space in Episode 3, an installment that ranks as series star Katharine McPhee’s favorite script in the series’ history, she told Michael Ausiello at TVLine’s Comic-Con studio presented by ZTE.

Back on Earth, McPhee’s Paige and Jadyn Wong’s Happy will both face near-death experiences and romantic upheaval when the CBS drama returns this fall, their portrayers teased.

Walter (Elyes Gabel) will head to Tahoe on a mission to profess his love for Paige, while Happy’s unseen husband will finally show his face. What’s more, “you may have already met” that character in a previous season, hints McPhee.

Eddie Kaye Thomas, meanwhile, added that the Season 3 premiere will pick up right after the events of the Season 2 finale — and that his character Toby will wear the same costume for the opening trio of episodes.

Press PLAY below for the full interview — and keep visiting TVLine for all our 2016 Comic-Con coverage!

1. Tom says:

Her standup coach maybe? Otherwise, I don’t know

• GeekWithFanGirlSkills says:

My first thought was the young guy that ended up helping them in Mexico. How old was he, do you think? There’s also the musician guy. Can’t wait to meet him whoever he is. Just don’t let it be Mark Collins. I have a really bad feeling it’s Mark Collins.

2. Eric says:

Honestly the stupidest show about geniuses that I have ever seen. I wanted this show to be good and gave it several tries. It disapoints every time. Recycled 1970s tv plots with about the same level of technical understanding.

• Wordsmith says:

That was what I concluded after about 3 episodes and bailed. As much as I wanted to like this show, I often felt like I knew more than the “geniuses,” and that ruined it for me. I like that geeks are allowed to be heroes on TV now, but I don’t regret dropping the show.

• Ben says:

It’s very CBS. Formulaic, by the numbers, and in many ways hilarious for how bad it is. And yet it has a real heart and I love it. Looking forward to season 3.

3. Lyn says:

Eddie Kaye Thomas is one of the coolest guys around these days. Brilliant on quiz shows, too. Love the entire cast of Scorpion. Must see TV for me.

4. emy says:

LOVE SCORPION

5. Bella says:

This is a great show that gets better all the time. If you only watched the first 3 episodes, and it’s starting up its 3rd season soon, why are you bothering to read articles about it?

6. Goshen says:

Ari Stidham: You do know you don’t have to wear a sweater vest off the set, right?