Comic-Con

Kristen Bell Reveals Veronica Mars Miniseries Status, Hails The Good Place

Kristen Bell was in a very good place when she caught up with Michael Ausiello at TVLine’s Comic-Con studio presented by ZTE.

In the video Q&A above, the sunny actress offers an enthusiastic tour of The Good Place, NBC’s new, Mike Schur-created comedy about a very bad girl who, due to a clerical error, ends up… up there… after dying a mortifying death.

Bell explains the interesting/amusing “points” system for those living on Earth that The Good Place pivots around, and also shares her breathless reaction to the notion that no less than Ted Danson would be playing the “architect” of her character’s heavenly destination.

And then, things get especially sweet for you Marshmallows out there, as Bell offers an honest update on more Veronica Mars, likely in the form of a Gilmore Girls revival-like “miniseries,” versus another feature film.

The Good Place sneak previews on Monday, Sept. 19, before making its time slot debut Thursday, Sept. 22 at 8:30/7:30c.

1. Lindsay says:

How about some more VM books to help tide us over?!?

2. Bwhit says:

She is the best! I love that she still is so devoted to Veronica Mars.

3. webly3 says:

I like Kristen Bell more every time she is interviewed. I can’t wait to watch The Good Place.

4. Simon Jester says:

“If the audience wants it” — oh HELL yes.

5. Lisa says:

Easily one of the best celebrities out there, along with her husband. Such a classy likable humble person

6. Hanitje says:

Thank you Ausiello, for ALWAYS asking about Veronica Mars to Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell. You are one of the marshmallows! Everytime you’re doing interviews with them, I always expecting some sort of VMars question and you never failed to deliver.

7. widfara says:

Yes, pease more Veronica Mars! I love Kristen Bell and Rob Thomas. And Michael Ausiello :D

8. Hso says:

I loved VM back in the day but the movie was very disappointing. I could do without a mini-series.

• David4 says:

I loved the movie, it was just the right tone.

• Stacy says:

Keep in mind, the movie was equal to a mere two episodes. Rob has said the movie was a love letter to the fans – between the shortened screen time and fans funding it with Kickstarter it was destined to be different. I think a shortened miniseries would be the *perfect* avenue for VMars. Rob’s great at writing well designed mysteries with a true ending.

9. Liz says:

She’s just so great.

10. David4 says:

More books would be nice.

The movie took place this year anyways, and the books shortly after (I’m reading the first one now.) so there is time to do some more books and then get the miniseries going.

11. Poppy says:

Yes, more Veronica Mars!! And I would gladly donate to another Kickstarter if that is what it would take!

12. Mara says:

Yes please to more Veronica Mars!!! And Logan!!!

13. Mandy says:

Another movie, miniseries, books, a whole season…anything! I love Veronica Mars and the cast and I have loved Kristen Bell for so many years. Such an awesome person!

14. Lina says:

YES, bring it! I am so ready!
    I’m a Marshmallow. So.freaking.BAD!

15. tjchurch2001 says:

I loved it right up until she started talking about pitching “Veronica” to networks & platforms without asking fans for money… I was a HUGE fan, but was unable to pitch in to the account for the movie (think they could’ve continued it after they hit a certain amount & made it even better thereby). Likewise, I will not be buying Netflix or Hulu simply to get it… Why not try its old home, the CW, which could use a non-comic-book property with a HUGE fan-base, especially after moving “Supergirl” there from another network?