Michelle Obama, Missy Elliott Join James Corden for Carpool Karaoke

Ya can’t be mad at James Corden for having Michelle Obama and Missy Elliott join him for Carpool Karaoke.

The First Lady and Grammy Award-winning hip-hop artist joined the Late Late Show host on Wednesday to promote Let Girls Learn, an initiative meant to raise funds for — and bring awareness to — the 62 million girls around the world who do not have access to education. Along the way, the trio performed “This Is For My Girls,” a Diane Warren-penned original inspired by the cause.

Prior to the arrival of Elliott, who joined FLOTUS and the comedian midway through their drive, the duo jammed out to Beyoncé anthem “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” and Stevie Wonder’s “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours.” In between songs, Corden asked Obama what she’d miss most about being at the White House and what she might “accidentally” take with her when she leaves 1600 Penn behind for good.

Press PLAY on the musical ride above, then drop a note listing other songs you would’ve enjoyed seeing FLOTUS perform.

1. Anna says:

Great video and great initiative – we really need to shine a brighter light on the problem of education inequality. Michelle Obama is fantastic.

2. MyExBFF says:

Middle-aged, southern white guy and I am SO in love with our First Lady. Substance, style and I think this shows just how fun she’d be to hang out with. And Missy Misdemeanor Elliot? I can’t even. She just gets better and better. Much respect.

3. Becky says:

Best part, in light of recent events, was “Get Your Freak On” lyrics: “Copywritten, don’t copy me. Y’all do it sloppily.”

4. LADY_in_MD says:

This was awesome! Can we get a Missy edition of Carpool Karoke next?

5. Charles g says:

It is just ridiculous
    so glad when they are gone.

6. dan says:

Loved how they kept going around in circles on WH property and they were always being tailed by a Secret Service vehicle! Another great carpool karaoke James!

7. Michelle Obama is fun, classy, amazing. One of the best CK’s!

8. Kevin K says:

One of the best Carpool Karaokes I’ve ever seen and kudos to Missy Elliott.

9. Mark D. Moss says:

Next week: Melania Trump joins Corden to do the exact same songs.

10. I am going to miss her so much. Can’t wait to see what cool things she does to help others once she leaves the WH.

11. Paul says:

Proof Positive That James Cordon Deserves The 11:35 Timeslot !!!

12. I am going to me Mrs. Obama so very much.

13. Mr. Smith says:

What ever happened to the President and First Lady being a step above primal entertainment while in office? Long for the days when we had leaders who acted like leaders instead of mindless entertainers.

• Oscar the Oddity says:

In my view, those presidents and first ladies hide themselves away from the public and, more importantly, the American people. I want to know what my president and first lady think on issues that are in the news right now. I want to know what their favorite songs are because it helps me understand them a little bit better. I want to know what issues they hold dear to them because it tells me not only about the people they are, but the people they want to help the rest of us become.

I’m not saying that every POTUS needs to hold weekly sit down interviews with Oprah, but it would be nice to know the person behind the job. Nothing I saw in the video demeaned the office of the presidency or the role of the first lady. They’re almost out of office – this is exactly the type of thing that they should be doing.

• Mr. Smith says:

There is a reason our President is not revered as a world leader and it isn’t because he is willing to do interviews. Both Barack and Michelle would rather entertain than lead. And when they aren’t entertaining, they are imposing radical ideas that have no place in American society.

We need strong leaders who do their job and leave the mindless entertaining to others.

• LADY_in_MD says:

I think in this day of social media and the Internet it was a really good way for Mrs. Obama to get the information out there and if you are going to say they are more entertainers than leaders than what is your opinion on a former reality tv star currently running?

• Mr. Smith says:

Not voting for Trump OR Clinton. You have one guy that is all about himself and you have a woman who thinks she is entitled to the presidency and is above the law. I think this country is pretty much ****ed.

For those are initiated, check out Gary Johnson.

• Mary says:

Your statement says a lot about you not them.

• HAP says:

LIke when Nixon was on Laugh In?

• Mary says:

Better not vote for Trump he is nothing more than a reality TV Star and thrives on the attention.

• grazzelled says:

Oh good grief! We’d have to go back 50 plus years from what I’m reading to live in an Emily (?) Post society . We live in a world of social media and this is the only way to reach anyone in the millennial generation on down, use it’s power for good. Besides it was a lot of fun.

I think it’s funny to see a British guy singing his heart out driving in circles around the White House with Michelle Obama and Missy Elliot, just that image brings a smile not to mention the secret service following them around. Code name Tiramisu, oh James lol. The music was great, they were all having a good time, Mrs. Obama got her message in, and we can follow her on Snapchat to find out more. Now I need to replace my broken phone…

I may not be a fan of politicians but I admire the first lady and like her current initiative to educate girls/women. So glad I’m an Independent and can enjoy these moments of good light fun that still end up informing people.

• fiberlicious says:

OFFS – go slither back under your rock, and take your pearls with you.

• MLO says:

You can still be a leader and have a personality. You can still be a leader and be approachable and kind and funny. You can still be a leader and be human. Otherwise you’re just a puppet.

Do you really want a puppet for president? Too bad, cause it looks like you’re going to get one. You poor Americans are screwed.

14. Guest says:

Going to miss her as First Lady. One of the best ever.

15. Pat says:

This was fantastic! I am going to miss the First Lady and hopefully, I will see her around DC and some of the restaurants she likes to go to as do my husband and I.

16. fiberlicious says:

OMG – BEST THING EVAR!!!!!!!!

Girlfrien’ rockin’ it OUT. And I’d kill for that dress (and the body to look like that in it).

17. MLO says:

OMG I just love her. There has never been a better first lady or first couple. I think this is a period in time that people will be nostalgic for very quickly, i.e. you don’t realize what you have until you’ve lost it. I would love to see Michelle run for president in 2020.

18. carpool says: